Rick Collins: Mentor, Gym Buddy, and Friend

Muscle Insider

Written by George N. Touliatos, MD

By George Touliatos, MD

Rick Collins is the undisputed powerful man of the bodybuilding and fitness industry. Everyone tries to become his friend, especially when you are involved with steroid law issues. He is the first person that comes to your mind when you’re in trouble, but also dealing with supplements. He is the man who fights for the legal rights of the men who follow testosterone replacement therapy. Rick was a competitive bodybuilder himself. So, he walks the walk and talks the talk firsthand. He ain’t just another lawyer who speaks from a theoretical perspective.

I met Rick all the times I’ve visited the United States (2016, 2019, 2020, 2022). Our first meeting was at the Arnold Sports Festival in 2016. However, we had already interacted online, when I approached him and told him how much he means to the community. Plus, that we needed personalities like him in Europe. So, I mailed him my book that was published in Greece at that time. He kindly thanked me and posted it on Facebook, saying, “It’s all Greek to me.” But he understood that I was passionate about the sport from a physician’s perspective.
WATCH EPISODE 223 OF ASK DR TESTOSTERONE HERE
[embedded content]

Rick was always a gentleman and grateful. He always responded in a polite way – cultured and educated at the same time, but macho as well, a very big and strong guy. So, we set up an appointment in the lobby of the Hyatt hotel in Columbus. The first thing that he told me was: “Hello, Dr. Touliatos, I have half an hour for you.” At a moment like that, you realize the importance of time, and that you should respect the fact that others share their valuable time with you – they just don’t waste their time. Time is money for them, and they earned it.

So, we spoke about many things including the BALCO case (2005) and our common passion for the sport. We both have this monopoly as experts who exclusively deal with ergogenic substances. Rick advised me to find what I love and be the best. “Do what you love and love what you do” is his motto. We represent a limited number of people who see us as their allies and reach for help. Years later, when we became associates at Muscular Development magazine, I wrote a column about our relationship. Rick and myself both faced struggles during our first steps. They tried to bully us because of the envy that bodybuilders face, especially when they wear suits. You see, narrow-minded people can’t get how the heck you can have brains and muscles, or hide muscles under your suit or white coat. That the road was not laid with roses. Yet we managed to succeed, and we are here to provide assistance to anyone who needs us. Rick liked the column a lot and shared it on all his social media.

I’m honored to be among Rick’s friends, and I consult him as my best friend in America. Rick has all my English edition books. We had dinner once in Columbus and lunch once in Las Vegas. Rick introduced me to Michael Palmieri, the man who organizes the Arnold Education seminars and Olympia University lectures. He also introduced me to Dr. Eric Serrano, who was part of our panel at the Arnold Sports Festival in 2020 and 2022.

I introduced Rick to Mike Kocsis from the UK, owner of the company Balance My Hormones. He was a panelist at Olympia University 2022 and with Rick we had two interviews together. One was with MD and Ron Harris, and one interview was with Dominate Your Game. Rick and I trained at the East Coast Mecca, Bev’s Gym in Syosset, New York. Rick introduced me to NPC and Olympia head judge, Steve Weinberger.

My friendship with Rick was a security net for all the VIPs of bodybuilding and fitness personas in the USA. He ensured them that I’m OK in order for them to trust the doctor from Greece. Rick is a wise man that you can learn a lot from. A mentor, a gym buddy, a friend.

George Touliatos, MD is an author, lecturer, champion competitive bodybuilder and expert in medical prevention regarding PED use in sports. Dr. Touliatos specializes in medical biopathology and is the medical associate of Orthobiotiki.gr and Medihall.gr, Age Management and Preventive Clinics in Athens, Greece. He is the author of four Greek books on bodybuilding, has extensively developed articles for www.anabolic.org and is the medical associate for the book “Anabolics, 11th Edition” (2017). Dr. Touliatos has been a columnist for the Greek editions of MuscleMag and Muscular Development magazines and has participated in several seminars across Greece and Cyprus, making numerous TV and radio appearances, doing interviews in print and online. His personal website is https://gtoul.com/

DISCUSS ON OUR FORUMSSUBSCRIBE TO MD TODAY
GET OFFICIAL MD STUFFVISIT OUR STORE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

ALSO, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOKTWITTERINSTAGRAM YOUTUBE

Written by George N. Touliatos, MD

drTjuly4.jpg.pagespeed.ce_.jQxTikxYc8.jpg

By George Touliatos, MD

Rick Collins is the undisputed powerful man of the bodybuilding and fitness industry. Everyone tries to become his friend, especially when you are involved with steroid law issues. He is the first person that comes to your mind when you’re in trouble, but also dealing with supplements. He is the man who fights for the legal rights of the men who follow testosterone replacement therapy. Rick was a competitive bodybuilder himself. So, he walks the walk and talks the talk firsthand. He ain’t just another lawyer who speaks from a theoretical perspective.

I met Rick all the times I’ve visited the United States (2016, 2019, 2020, 2022). Our first meeting was at the Arnold Sports Festival in 2016. However, we had already interacted online, when I approached him and told him how much he means to the community. Plus, that we needed personalities like him in Europe. So, I mailed him my book that was published in Greece at that time. He kindly thanked me and posted it on Facebook, saying, “It’s all Greek to me.” But he understood that I was passionate about the sport from a physician’s perspective.

WATCH EPISODE 223 OF ASK DR TESTOSTERONE HERE

Rick was always a gentleman and grateful. He always responded in a polite way – cultured and educated at the same time, but macho as well, a very big and strong guy. So, we set up an appointment in the lobby of the Hyatt hotel in Columbus. The first thing that he told me was: “Hello, Dr. Touliatos, I have half an hour for you.” At a moment like that, you realize the importance of time, and that you should respect the fact that others share their valuable time with you – they just don’t waste their time. Time is money for them, and they earned it.

So, we spoke about many things including the BALCO case (2005) and our common passion for the sport. We both have this monopoly as experts who exclusively deal with ergogenic substances. Rick advised me to find what I love and be the best. “Do what you love and love what you do” is his motto. We represent a limited number of people who see us as their allies and reach for help. Years later, when we became associates at Muscular Development magazine, I wrote a column about our relationship. Rick and myself both faced struggles during our first steps. They tried to bully us because of the envy that bodybuilders face, especially when they wear suits. You see, narrow-minded people can’t get how the heck you can have brains and muscles, or hide muscles under your suit or white coat. That the road was not laid with roses. Yet we managed to succeed, and we are here to provide assistance to anyone who needs us. Rick liked the column a lot and shared it on all his social media.

I’m honored to be among Rick’s friends, and I consult him as my best friend in America. Rick has all my English edition books. We had dinner once in Columbus and lunch once in Las Vegas. Rick introduced me to Michael Palmieri, the man who organizes the Arnold Education seminars and Olympia University lectures. He also introduced me to Dr. Eric Serrano, who was part of our panel at the Arnold Sports Festival in 2020 and 2022.

I introduced Rick to Mike Kocsis from the UK, owner of the company Balance My Hormones. He was a panelist at Olympia University 2022 and with Rick we had two interviews together. One was with MD and Ron Harris, and one interview was with Dominate Your Game. Rick and I trained at the East Coast Mecca, Bev’s Gym in Syosset, New York. Rick introduced me to NPC and Olympia head judge, Steve Weinberger.

My friendship with Rick was a security net for all the VIPs of bodybuilding and fitness personas in the USA. He ensured them that I’m OK in order for them to trust the doctor from Greece. Rick is a wise man that you can learn a lot from. A mentor, a gym buddy, a friend.

George Touliatos, MD is an author, lecturer, champion competitive bodybuilder and expert in medical prevention regarding PED use in sports. Dr. Touliatos specializes in medical biopathology and is the medical associate of Orthobiotiki.gr and Medihall.gr, Age Management and Preventive Clinics in Athens, Greece. He is the author of four Greek books on bodybuilding, has extensively developed articles for www.anabolic.org and is the medical associate for the book “Anabolics, 11th Edition” (2017). Dr. Touliatos has been a columnist for the Greek editions of MuscleMag and Muscular Development magazines and has participated in several seminars across Greece and Cyprus, making numerous TV and radio appearances, doing interviews in print and online. His personal website is https://gtoul.com/

drt_rick_steve2.jpg.pagespeed.ce_.xSbxgw3Cdn.jpg

DISCUSS ON OUR FORUMS

SUBSCRIBE TO MD TODAY

GET OFFICIAL MD STUFF

VISIT OUR STORE

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

ALSO, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

INSTAGRAM

YOUTUBE

Click here to view the article.