2023 Mr. Olympia Contender Samson Dauda Shares Full Day of Eating in Off-Season

Muscle Insider

Samson Dauda, one of the leading frontrunners headed to 2023 Mr. Olympia, is giving fans a taste of his off-season diet. In a recent YouTube video, Dauda revealed the six meals he consumes daily in order to maintain a monstrous weight of over 320 pounds.

“This is a normal basic day at home with training and everything with it. So, it’s boring but this is what a typical day of my life looks like trying to improve my physique and prepare for the Olympia. Right now, we’re in the middle of the off-season so we get to see the meals I’m having. We get to see what a normal day at home looks like for me,” Samson Dauda shared.

Dauda’s IFBB Pro League career kicked off quickly but 2022 saw him break into the upper echelons of the Open class. He finished fourth at the Arnold Classic and Boston Pro contests. When he made it to the Olympia stage, Dauda shined. In his debut, he secured a sixth-place finish and during prejudging, gave then-reigning Mr. Olympia, Mamdouh “Big Ramy” Elssbiay, a true run for his money.
Sailing into 2023 with considerable momentum, Samson Duada bet on himself and entered the Arnold Classic in March. At the event, he faced a number of formidable opponents, such as Akim Williams, reigning two-time 212 Olympia Shaun Clarida, Big Ramy, Andrew Jacked, and Nick Walker. Dauda cemented himself as an Arnold Classic champion in the end, which stamped his ticket to this year’s Olympia contest.

Led by bodybuilding coach Milos Sarcev, Dauda will attempt to take the title from Hadi Choopan on November 4. Dauda, confident in his chances, has taken to interviews and mentioned that growing his back will be the only path to the Mr. Olympia title. In the tail-end of his 2023 off-season, Dauda is now updating fans on the meals he’s eating to fuel his Olympia campaign.
Check Out the 2023 Off-Season Diet Samson Dauda Is Using to Prepare for Mr. Olympia
You can find a breakdown of Samson Dauda’s typical off-season diet below. He added that he consumes seven meals occasionally by having two helpings of sushi.
Meal 1

150 grams of oats
Hosstile ISO [H1] 1 scoop
5 eggs

Meal 2

450 grams of sweet potato
200 grams of beef steak

To prioritize his time for training and other pursuits, Dauda prefers his meals to be pre-made for readiness.
“The reason why we prep our meals in bulk, this is quicker. So all I have to do is heat up and eat. The thing is, if I had to eat now, I would have to cut my time to do anything else to start preparing the steak or food earlier. It would only take time out of each day if I have to prepare every meal fresh. This way, five minutes, done.
And I can focus on eating and moving to something else. If you have to prepare each meal as you go, you won’t follow your meal plan, especially if you got to eat six meals a day. You end up drifting off because it’s just too much work each day. It takes up too much time. Having everything pre-prepared in bulk, and then all you have to do is pick out each time, it’s just insanely easier,” said Dauda.
Meal 3

350 grams of cooked pasta
180 grams of mince (ground) 5% beef

Post-Workout Shake

Hosstile ISO [H1] two scoops
Hosstile CDX two scoops
homemade Pineapple Parsinip juice
ginger

Meal 4

2 cups of rice (white)
250 grams of chicken breast

Meal 5

Nando’s Half chicken & chips & corn

Meal 6

“Normally, I’d have chicken and rice if I was in prep,” added Dauda.

In addition to his contest schedule, Dauda has kept busy in the off-season with guest posing appearances. Back in May, he stole the show with Olympia runner-up Derek Lunsford at the 2023 Pittsburgh Pro guest posing. Weeks later, they pushed each other in an ‘Olympia battle workout,’ led by bodybuilding veteran Chris Cormier.
Dauda has maintained impressive size during off-seasons. Similar to last year, Dauda continues to show off a ripped build weighing over 300 pounds. His latest guest posing at the USA Fit Pro saw him weigh in at a staggering 327 pounds.
The bodybuilding community has taken note of Dauda’s Mr. Olympia-winning potential. Athletes rep Bob Cicherillo recently named Duada and Derek Lunsford as Hadi Choopan’s top threats when they meet on stage later this year.
Given Dauda’s history of making improvements show-to-show, should he bring up his back, he could easily push into the podium as pointed out by head judge Steve Weinberger. Whether it’s nutrition or training, it’s clear Dauda plans on bringing his absolute best in Nov.
RELATED: Samson Dauda, Milos Sarcev Say Back Thickness Key to Defeating Hadi Choopan: ‘No Breaks from Training’
Watch the full video on the Samson Dauda YouTube channel below:

Published: 28 June, 2023 | 11:23 AM EDT

Samson-Dauda-offseason-eating-.jpg
Samson Dauda, one of the leading frontrunners headed to 2023 Mr. Olympia, is giving fans a taste of his off-season diet. In a recent YouTube video, Dauda revealed the six meals he consumes daily in order to maintain a monstrous weight of over 320 pounds.

“This is a normal basic day at home with training and everything with it. So, it’s boring but this is what a typical day of my life looks like trying to improve my physique and prepare for the Olympia. Right now, we’re in the middle of the off-season so we get to see the meals I’m having. We get to see what a normal day at home looks like for me,” Samson Dauda shared.

[/quote]
Dauda’s IFBB Pro League career kicked off quickly but 2022 saw him break into the upper echelons of the Open class. He finished fourth at the Arnold Classic and Boston Pro contests. When he made it to the Olympia stage, Dauda shined. In his debut, he secured a sixth-place finish and during prejudging, gave then-reigning Mr. Olympia, Mamdouh “Big Ramy” Elssbiay, a true run for his money.

Sailing into 2023 with considerable momentum, Samson Duada bet on himself and entered the Arnold Classic in March. At the event, he faced a number of formidable opponents, such as Akim Williams, reigning two-time 212 Olympia Shaun Clarida, Big Ramy, Andrew Jacked, and Nick Walker. Dauda cemented himself as an Arnold Classic champion in the end, which stamped his ticket to this year’s Olympia contest.

Led by bodybuilding coach Milos Sarcev, Dauda will attempt to take the title from Hadi Choopan on November 4. Dauda, confident in his chances, has taken to interviews and mentioned that growing his back will be the only path to the Mr. Olympia title. In the tail-end of his 2023 off-season, Dauda is now updating fans on the meals he’s eating to fuel his Olympia campaign.

Check Out the 2023 Off-Season Diet Samson Dauda Is Using to Prepare for Mr. Olympia
You can find a breakdown of Samson Dauda’s typical off-season diet below. He added that he consumes seven meals occasionally by having two helpings of sushi.

Meal 1
  • 150 grams of oats
  • Hosstile ISO [H1] 1 scoop
  • 5 eggs
Meal 2
  • 450 grams of sweet potato
  • 200 grams of beef steak
To prioritize his time for training and other pursuits, Dauda prefers his meals to be pre-made for readiness.

“The reason why we prep our meals in bulk, this is quicker. So all I have to do is heat up and eat. The thing is, if I had to eat now, I would have to cut my time to do anything else to start preparing the steak or food earlier. It would only take time out of each day if I have to prepare every meal fresh. This way, five minutes, done.

And I can focus on eating and moving to something else. If you have to prepare each meal as you go, you won’t follow your meal plan, especially if you got to eat six meals a day. You end up drifting off because it’s just too much work each day. It takes up too much time. Having everything pre-prepared in bulk, and then all you have to do is pick out each time, it’s just insanely easier,” said Dauda.

[/quote]
Meal 3
  • 350 grams of cooked pasta
  • 180 grams of mince (ground) 5% beef
Post-Workout Shake
  • Hosstile ISO [H1] two scoops
  • Hosstile CDX two scoops
  • homemade Pineapple Parsinip juice
  • ginger
Meal 4
  • 2 cups of rice (white)
  • 250 grams of chicken breast
Meal 5
  • Nando’s Half chicken & chips & corn
Meal 6

“Normally, I’d have chicken and rice if I was in prep,” added Dauda.

[/quote]

In addition to his contest schedule, Dauda has kept busy in the off-season with guest posing appearances. Back in May, he stole the show with Olympia runner-up Derek Lunsford at the 2023 Pittsburgh Pro guest posing. Weeks later, they pushed each other in an ‘Olympia battle workout,’ led by bodybuilding veteran Chris Cormier.

Dauda has maintained impressive size during off-seasons. Similar to last year, Dauda continues to show off a ripped build weighing over 300 pounds. His latest guest posing at the USA Fit Pro saw him weigh in at a staggering 327 pounds.

The bodybuilding community has taken note of Dauda’s Mr. Olympia-winning potential. Athletes rep Bob Cicherillo recently named Duada and Derek Lunsford as Hadi Choopan’s top threats when they meet on stage later this year.

Given Dauda’s history of making improvements show-to-show, should he bring up his back, he could easily push into the podium as pointed out by head judge Steve Weinberger. Whether it’s nutrition or training, it’s clear Dauda plans on bringing his absolute best in Nov.

RELATED: Samson Dauda, Milos Sarcev Say Back Thickness Key to Defeating Hadi Choopan: ‘No Breaks from Training’

Watch the full video on the Samson Dauda YouTube channel below:

Published: 28 June, 2023 | 11:23 AM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back