Anyone know what a good remote starter costs and good brand is?

Presser

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
My wife just bought new car and wants a remote starter before winter gets bad so she can have the car nice and warm by the time she gets in it in the morning. She drive 40 minutes each way to work so I want to make it as comfortable as possible for her during the cold winter mornings.

So how much does a basic remote starter cost and are there any specific brands that are known for their quality?

Thanks

my bro just got one for his wife for xmas i will post the exact one. the trick here isn't the actual cost of the remote start. its the cost of the installation. if you can read Chinese or what it sounds like to me in the user manual and instal it yourself. you will be in for less than 150. if not, the sky is the limit.

Amazon.com: AUTOPAGE RS730LCD REMOTE START 2-WAY SECURITY SYSTEM: Car Electronics

Thnx bro and yeah it's going to be one of her gifts for Christmas . That's a nice looking remote, my buddy has one that looks almost identical and his pages him if the alarm goes off or if a door is being messed with and stuff like that, and I guess it would b nice to get her those features as well , instead of just the remote starter.

Anyone else know anything

Oh and I would have to pay to have it installed as I'm car illiterate when it comes to stuff like this. Lol. When my wife first got her car I couldn't even figure out howmto start it as it's keyless entry and u just push a button tomstart it, well I sat there for a good ten minutes trying to start her car one day and had to go get her to help me, I didn't know you had to have ur foot on the break peddle in order for it to start lol, how fucking dumb I am, I couldn't even figure that shit out. So I'm sure I couldn't install it myself. I would probably fuck something up!

Oh and I would like to get her a nice high end radio to put in instead of the stock radio it has. Or maybe install a little tv in it. She loves her new car so I think one of these types of gifts will be a good idea.

just go into a local car electronics store.... most of them carry viper alarm / remote starter systems and will install them.... the system plus install will cost anywhere from $300 for the low end to about $1000.

they will also have a selection of head units to check out to replace her stock one...

good luck

When I actually had a car I cared about, I always bought the car alarms with remote staters from Clifford. They are one of the better companies I've ever found

Back