Arnold Showcase Seminar Interview | The Kai Files

Muscle Insider

Arnold Showcase Seminar Interview

The Kai Files
Sponsored by REDCON1

By Ron Harris

The day after the 2023 Arnold Classic, Kai Greene was part of a panel of past Arnold Classic champions that included Rich Gaspari, Mike Ashley, Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler, Mike Francois, Ronnie Coleman, Branch Warren, Dexter Jackson, and William Bonac, with Bob Cicherillo serving as the interviewer/moderator. These were some of the highlights from Kai.

Kai, you’ve got a couple of Arnold victories in your pocket. What did you think of Samson last night?

Tremendous physique and a well-deserved win.

What have you been up to lately?

A lot of things behind the scenes. I want to say this with the utmost sincerity. My experience at the Arnold Classic taught me that you can dream a very big dream, then turn around and do some very big things that you probably didn’t know were possible, even when you dared to dream so large to begin with. Since then, I’ve had a chance to travel the world, do some acting, and we are still working right now. There’s a TV series pilot I’m working on that I can’t really say too much about right now.

You did very well at the Olympia, but it seemed like the Arnold Classic was special for you, almost as if that was your Mr. Olympia. You always seemed to light it up at the Arnold.

I thought the Arnold was the place you came when you really wanted to get some things done, at least for me. I wasn’t able to see things realized as vividly as I had wanted to in other places. When I came to the Arnold Classic, my life changed when I was able to step into my limitless possibility here. I am forever grateful for that.

The Masters Olympia is returning, and I keep hearing your name being thrown around. You’re looking as big as a house. Any plans to get on stage again?

You never know.

KAI AND THE ARNOLD CLASSIC

Kai never did manage to win the Mr. Olympia title despite earning the runner-up spot to Phil Heath three years in a row from 2012 to 2014, but as Bob Cicherillo said, the Arnold Classic was where he truly shined. In the 35-year-history of the event, only two men won more Arnold titles: Flex Wheeler with four and Dexter Jackson with five. Here is a brief look at Kai’s storied history at the prestigious Arnold Classic.

This was Kai’s second attempt at the Arnold title after taking third place the year before to winner Dexter Jackson and runner-up Phil Heath. This time it was Kai who stood in the winner’s circle at the end of the night. Later that season he would make his Mr. Olympia debut with fourth place.

1. Kai Greene
2. Victor Martinez
3. Branch Warren
4. Toney Freeman
5. Silvio Samuel

Many point to this particular show as being the genesis of the bitter rivalry Kai would have with Phil Heath for the next several years. They were evenly matched here, and truth be told as a front-row witness, I had Phil with a slight edge here. Significantly, this would go down as the only time in Kai’s career that he defeated The Gift. Kai would also be absent from the Arnold for the next six years as he shifted his focus purely on winning the Mr. Olympia. This left the gate open for others to score Arnold titles. Branch Warren would win it in both 2011 and 2012, and Dexter Jackson, who already had three Arnold wins at this point, would collect two more in 2013 and 2015.

1. Kai Greene
2. Phil Heath
3. Branch Warren
4. Dexter Jackson
5. Toney Freeman
Little did we know at the time that this would more than likely be the last time we ever saw Kai Greene onstage competing. Prior to this, we hadn’t seen him since his third consecutive runner-up at the Mr. Olympia to Phil Heath in 2014, and many had wondered if he had inconspicuously retired in realization that the Sandow trophy would never be his. Instead, he roared back for one final slew of three contests in a row: the Arnold Classic in Ohio followed immediately by Arnold events in Australia and Brazil. In Columbus, he was pushed heavily by the late Cedric McMillan. In perhaps the most memorable onstage winning interview Arnold ever gave to one of his champions, Arnold told Kai in front of both the audience and the world watching from home that he actually preferred Cedric’s physique over his, but it was Kai’s superior posing prowess that pushed him over the edge and gave him the win. The top five in both the Australia and Brazil events that followed are noteworthy in that even though it’s only seven years later as of this writing, not one man in the top five at either event has competed for several years and most have already officially retired. As for Kai, even though even most of his loyal fans believe he will never grace a contest stage as a competitor again, he has never gone on record as stating he is retired, leaving a glimmer of hope that we may see him up there again one day.

Columbus, Ohio

1. Kai Greene
2. Cedric McMillan
3. Josh Lenartowicz
4. Justin Compton
5. Branch Warren
Melbourne, Australia
1. Kai Greene
2. Cedric McMillan
3. Justin Compton
4. Josh Lenartowicz
5. Evan Centopani
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
1. Kai Greene
2. Juan Morel
3. Lionel Beyeke
4. Vitaly Fateev
5. Ronny Rockel
Instagram @kaigreene
Instagram @chroniclesofkingkai
Twitter @KaiGreene
Facebook @officialkaigreene
chroniclesofkingkai.com
trainwithkai.com
YouTube: Kai Greene

Kai Greene’s Redcon1 Stack
Total War® RTD - pre-workout
BIG NOISE® - pre-workout
ISOTOPE® - post-workout
Yohimbine HCL - pre-workout
MED+KIT® - upon waking
BREACH® - intra-workout

For more information, visit redcon1.com

DISCUSS ON OUR FORUMSSUBSCRIBE TO MD TODAY
GET OFFICIAL MD STUFFVISIT OUR STORE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

ALSO, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOKTWITTERINSTAGRAM YOUTUBE

495732081-kai-greene-column-redcon-slider.jpg.pagespeed.ce_.4q_eN0WugB.jpg

Arnold Showcase Seminar Interview

The Kai Files

Sponsored by REDCON1

By Ron Harris

The day after the 2023 Arnold Classic, Kai Greene was part of a panel of past Arnold Classic champions that included Rich Gaspari, Mike Ashley, Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler, Mike Francois, Ronnie Coleman, Branch Warren, Dexter Jackson, and William Bonac, with Bob Cicherillo serving as the interviewer/moderator. These were some of the highlights from Kai.

Kai, you’ve got a couple of Arnold victories in your pocket. What did you think of Samson last night?

Tremendous physique and a well-deserved win.

What have you been up to lately?

A lot of things behind the scenes. I want to say this with the utmost sincerity. My experience at the Arnold Classic taught me that you can dream a very big dream, then turn around and do some very big things that you probably didn’t know were possible, even when you dared to dream so large to begin with. Since then, I’ve had a chance to travel the world, do some acting, and we are still working right now. There’s a TV series pilot I’m working on that I can’t really say too much about right now.

You did very well at the Olympia, but it seemed like the Arnold Classic was special for you, almost as if that was your Mr. Olympia. You always seemed to light it up at the Arnold.

495732012-_47i5458-clr.jpg.pagespeed.ce_._S4IiYfqQl.jpg

I thought the Arnold was the place you came when you really wanted to get some things done, at least for me. I wasn’t able to see things realized as vividly as I had wanted to in other places. When I came to the Arnold Classic, my life changed when I was able to step into my limitless possibility here. I am forever grateful for that.

The Masters Olympia is returning, and I keep hearing your name being thrown around. You’re looking as big as a house. Any plans to get on stage again?

You never know.

495732083-screen-shot-2023-04-04-at-2-16-52-pm.png.pagespeed.ce_.lCGmV8UbZu.png

KAI AND THE ARNOLD CLASSIC

Kai never did manage to win the Mr. Olympia title despite earning the runner-up spot to Phil Heath three years in a row from 2012 to 2014, but as Bob Cicherillo said, the Arnold Classic was where he truly shined. In the 35-year-history of the event, only two men won more Arnold titles: Flex Wheeler with four and Dexter Jackson with five. Here is a brief look at Kai’s storied history at the prestigious Arnold Classic.

This was Kai’s second attempt at the Arnold title after taking third place the year before to winner Dexter Jackson and runner-up Phil Heath. This time it was Kai who stood in the winner’s circle at the end of the night. Later that season he would make his Mr. Olympia debut with fourth place.

1. Kai Greene

2. Victor Martinez

3. Branch Warren

4. Toney Freeman

5. Silvio Samuel

Many point to this particular show as being the genesis of the bitter rivalry Kai would have with Phil Heath for the next several years. They were evenly matched here, and truth be told as a front-row witness, I had Phil with a slight edge here. Significantly, this would go down as the only time in Kai’s career that he defeated The Gift. Kai would also be absent from the Arnold for the next six years as he shifted his focus purely on winning the Mr. Olympia. This left the gate open for others to score Arnold titles. Branch Warren would win it in both 2011 and 2012, and Dexter Jackson, who already had three Arnold wins at this point, would collect two more in 2013 and 2015.

1. Kai Greene

2. Phil Heath

3. Branch Warren

4. Dexter Jackson

5. Toney Freeman

Little did we know at the time that this would more than likely be the last time we ever saw Kai Greene onstage competing. Prior to this, we hadn’t seen him since his third consecutive runner-up at the Mr. Olympia to Phil Heath in 2014, and many had wondered if he had inconspicuously retired in realization that the Sandow trophy would never be his. Instead, he roared back for one final slew of three contests in a row: the Arnold Classic in Ohio followed immediately by Arnold events in Australia and Brazil. In Columbus, he was pushed heavily by the late Cedric McMillan. In perhaps the most memorable onstage winning interview Arnold ever gave to one of his champions, Arnold told Kai in front of both the audience and the world watching from home that he actually preferred Cedric’s physique over his, but it was Kai’s superior posing prowess that pushed him over the edge and gave him the win. The top five in both the Australia and Brazil events that followed are noteworthy in that even though it’s only seven years later as of this writing, not one man in the top five at either event has competed for several years and most have already officially retired. As for Kai, even though even most of his loyal fans believe he will never grace a contest stage as a competitor again, he has never gone on record as stating he is retired, leaving a glimmer of hope that we may see him up there again one day.

Columbus, Ohio

1. Kai Greene

2. Cedric McMillan

3. Josh Lenartowicz

4. Justin Compton

5. Branch Warren

Melbourne, Australia

1. Kai Greene

2. Cedric McMillan

3. Justin Compton

4. Josh Lenartowicz

5. Evan Centopani