back excercises

Reptile8030

Alright so today I was thinking as far as back excercises go, what is the difference between bent over rows and t bar rows as far working what muscles goes? I.E. what muscles do bent over rows work and what muscles do t bar rows work, is there a big difference or are they similiar.

And what are some good lower back excercises? Thx fellas

I always think of them as the same old rowing movement working the overall back. The only difference to me is the grip and angles. To me they're jus ways to get a thick ass back!

narrow grip rows of any sort seem to hit my inner back/lower traps more. wide angle rows hits the lats a little more and depending on where you pull the bar too (chest or stomach) you can isolate an area more.

Reptile8030 said:
Alright so today I was thinking as far as back excercises go, what is the difference between bent over rows and t bar rows as far working what muscles goes? I.E. what muscles do bent over rows work and what muscles do t bar rows work, is there a big difference or are they similiar.

And what are some good lower back excercises? Thx fellas

Bent over rows hit the outer lats while the t-bar rows hit the inside of the back muscles called the rhomboids.

For lower back--deads.

saudades said:
Bent over rows hit the outer lats while the t-bar rows hit the inside of the back muscles called the rhomboids.

For lower back--deads.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Back