BIG welcome to Lou Messina!!

Skip

Banana
Glad to see you posting here, bro. I didn't even know you came over until I saw the pic of Ronny Rockel in the Pro Pics section.

Guys, if you don't know, this cat is one of the East Coast judges and knows his bodybuilding like no other.

Please give him a big welcome as he is a great addition to the board.

Skip

Yeah. It took me awhile to actually get on because of a cookie problem at my end. You'd think I had those figured out by now. I got here because someone on another board, who looked damn good, showed this as his homepage. It said "[email protected]" under his name. I thought that was his email address. Is it more of a promotional motto?

So you know who I am, I'm a national-level judge for NABBA/USA & I have press credentials for IFBB (US), NPC national-level, and NABBA/USA.

In my spare time I run East Coast Muscle. I had to let that slide in the last two years because I work for the State of New York. Since 9/11 the state's tax base has dropped (the World Trade Center was full of financial & stock companies), so 5,000 state workers were let go. That left the rest of us with plenty to do. I was going to yank East Coast Muscle, but noticed the stats were still going high. We're bantering back & forth with the websites of the largest industry print publications, & we get more traffic than the website of any sanctioning organization ... globally. So I decided to bring it back to life this year. I didn't realize our readership was so high until the first two web-hosting companies I tried to move to turned me down because they couldn't handle our volume.

I'm now exploring the possibility of covering some pro IFBB & NABBA shows in 2005 or 2006 in Canada, Europe, & Australia/New Zealand.

If any of you already know me or know of me, please PM me. A pic would help. If any of you will be at shows I'll be covering for East Coast Muscle, do likewise. So far, I'm expecting to cover the following NPC shows:
  • Teen, Collegiate, & Masters National Championships
  • Junior Nationals
  • USAs
  • Nationals
Those who will be competing at NABBA shows (I usually judge shows in NY/PA) can introduce themselves to me after the pre-judging.

Anyone feel free to PM me with questions about judging criteria, physique assessment, or posing.

Thanks for the warm greeting!

[color=0000cc](PS: I'm attaching a pic I thought you'd like, but I can't find a more appropriate section for it)[/color]
STAN McQUAY
2002 NPC USA Bodybuilding Championships
Middleweight Class: First Place

Last edited:
Re: Re: BIG welcome to Lou Messina!!

LouMessina said:
It said "[email protected]" under his name. I thought that was his email address. Is it more of a promotional motto?

[

I just love it when my name is noticed. :)

TEAMSKIP is my contest prep business that is based from my private forum here at musclechemistry.com. The guy you saw was a client of mine as I ask that my email addy be displayed in my client's signatures on the boards. This gives me exposure by keeping my name out there. So, yes, it is certainly a promotional thing.

If you remember who the guy was, I would be curious. I have quite a few clients that frequent the PM board so that might be where you saw it.

Great to have you here at MC, Lou.

Take care,
Skip
[email protected]

WWM/Pumped

WWM/PUMPED: Might have been me skip I got a PM about east coast muscle.
It could be. I'm frequently scouting for guys who will be competing at shows I'm covering. If I can make arrangements with them in advance, I'd be able to focus on them more in the article by getting a more thorough interview & some photos, in addition to the stage shots.

Do you have photos that appear in other forums? Your photos here don't look familiar.

(Skip: I tried to reconstruct, but your name is all over the damn place!)

Welcome to the MC Lou!
I didn't see the Jr USA on your list of shows to cover, are you going to be there?
KR

Very nice to have you over here Lou! Welcome! Another resource for MC members. I will be very interested in reading your posts as I'm sure others will too.

Back