creatine question

dorian123

Gold Member
was wondering what type of creatine you guys are using these days? It's been years since I've used any I'm talking over 5 years..back when I did I got great results from the powdered creatine. Over the years I've heard of people getting kidney stones from it though so was thinking of maybe trying the capsule form.

What do you guys prefer?

what brand you do use?

- - - Updated - - -

thanks in advance

I use plain old monohydrate. It's the only one PROVEN to be effective. I think kre alkaline one was debunked and the Creatine hcl hadn't been fully vetted yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

from what I understand, there's no reason to go with anything other than monohydrate because that's the type that's been researched so extensively and proven. From there, just check the bottle to see if it has the "Creapure" logo somewhere, as this creatine comes from Germany and is considered the highest quality source (which is why I buy ON). Cheaper brands usually use Chinese creatine which can supposedly be of inconsistent quality, but who knows if it really makes any difference

Creatine is creatine. The only difference is the ester attached. Monohydrate, ethyl ester, hydrochloride, malate, etc etc....all the same base compound. It's still going to enter your muscle cells as creatine phosphate and help you recycle your ATP. Even capsules are no different because capsules are just filled with powder. Kidney stones are possible but that's if you use too much creatine and don't drink enough water.

I've always used monohydrate, but I am using creatine hcl for the first time now, and I'm getting very good results from it.

Creatine is creatine. The only difference is the ester attached. Monohydrate, ethyl ester, hydrochloride, malate, etc etc....all the same base compound. It's still going to enter your muscle cells as creatine phosphate and help you recycle your ATP. Even capsules are no different because capsules are just filled with powder. Kidney stones are possible but that's if you use too much creatine and don't drink enough water.

Nice post bud

Just started this one a few weeks ago and not sure if I feel anything. Chelated or whatever lol.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
I was using Allmax powdered creatine when I was using it. It supposedly uses the German manufactured creatine, as someone else mentioned above, which is one of the reasons I chose it.

Back