Dorian Yates Shares ‘Opposite Approach’ to Diet that Keeps Him Ripped at 61

Muscle Insider

Legendary bodybuilder Dorian Yates set a new bar for the Men’s Open division with his insane physique. Although he hasn’t competed in decades, he maintains a high level of personal fitness. In a recent post made on Instagram, Yates reveals his unique “opposite approach” to dieting that has helped him maintain a ripped physique at the age of 61.
Dorian Yates made a name for himself with his impressive muscle mass, size, and definition and boasted one of the best back developments of all time in the Men’s Open division. He pioneered the sport in the UK and emerged as the biggest bodybuilding superstar out of the region. He won his maiden Sandow trophy at the 1992 Mr. Olympia and went on a dominant run to become a six-time champion.
Yates used the high-intensity training techniques of Mike Mentzer and Arthur Jones to craft his physique. He would go near failure in every training session instead of following a fixed number of sets and reps traditionally adopted by bodybuilders.
The 61-year-old carried his passion for fitness into his later years. He left the fans stunned with a jacked physique update where he performed a workout on a beach in Brazil earlier this year. Then, he listed barbell rows with an underhand grip as the exercise of his choice to build a barn door back months later.
Yates opened up on his training frequency in the prime of his career two months ago. He revealed he’d workout four days a week for Joe Weider’s Olympia Weekend and the made case against squats being an essential part of every training program for muscle growth.
Having pushed his body to the limit, Yates picked up several injuries over the years. He started using stem cell therapy two months ago and reported his inflammation went down and his shoulders got better after 30 days of being on the treatment plan. As for the progress in his elbow and knee, he indicated it would take a few more weeks before he feels a significant change.
Dorian Yates gave fans a look into the two-exercise ab routine he utilized to win six Mr. Olympia titles last month. He would time the workout after shoulders and triceps and go to failure in two sets of bodyweight crunches and reverse crunches each. He followed up by laying out the chest workout regimen that helped him build a full chest.
Yates showed off his shredded abs in a physique progression snap two weeks ago. He compared photos of himself at age 22 and now, boasting clear abs throughout nearly 40 years.
Dorian Yates Credits Shredded Physique to Intermittent Fasting at 61
In a recent Instagram post, Dorian Yates shared the diet he follows to stay ripped at the age of 61.
“Intermittent fasting, quite the polar opposite approach to eating than I was used to 30 years ago when I’d be eating every two hours!” said Yates. “??But for the past few years, I’ve been practicing intermittent fasting.??I’ve experienced numerous benefits, and have researched pretty much every approach to dieting.
“Intermittent fasting works extremely well for myself.?? I’m now pursuing my health goals and optimising for longevity as opposed to bodybuilding.?? Read my latest blog where I go into why I adopted intermittent fasting, the benefits, how you can potentially use it when trying to build muscle and more.? But the best diet for health goals may not be the same as the best for trying to build maximum muscle.”

Intermittent fasting, a popular and scientifically supported diet approach, involves periods of extended fasting where individuals refrain from consuming food. This trendy method has gained recognition for its potential benefits, including weight loss, muscle gain, blood sugar regulation, and activation of anti-aging genes.
Dorian Yates stressed the importance of using extracurricular training in addition to lifting weights for boosting recovery and offered some of the exercises he’s utilizing to enhance longevity earlier this month.
Yates revealed the approach he used for his diet to get ready for competition days ago. While he would go down to 3,500-4,000 calories in prep, he once cut down to 2,500 calories for his debut.
His latest update will inspire many fans to give intermittent fasting a chance for improving their fitness game.
Published: 9 July, 2023 | 2:59 PM EDT

Collage-Maker-08-Jul-2023-12-09-PM-6103.jpg
Legendary bodybuilder Dorian Yates set a new bar for the Men’s Open division with his insane physique. Although he hasn’t competed in decades, he maintains a high level of personal fitness. In a recent post made on Instagram, Yates reveals his unique “opposite approach” to dieting that has helped him maintain a ripped physique at the age of 61.

Dorian Yates made a name for himself with his impressive muscle mass, size, and definition and boasted one of the best back developments of all time in the Men’s Open division. He pioneered the sport in the UK and emerged as the biggest bodybuilding superstar out of the region. He won his maiden Sandow trophy at the 1992 Mr. Olympia and went on a dominant run to become a six-time champion.

Yates used the high-intensity training techniques of Mike Mentzer and Arthur Jones to craft his physique. He would go near failure in every training session instead of following a fixed number of sets and reps traditionally adopted by bodybuilders.

The 61-year-old carried his passion for fitness into his later years. He left the fans stunned with a jacked physique update where he performed a workout on a beach in Brazil earlier this year. Then, he listed barbell rows with an underhand grip as the exercise of his choice to build a barn door back months later.

Yates opened up on his training frequency in the prime of his career two months ago. He revealed he’d workout four days a week for Joe Weider’s Olympia Weekend and the made case against squats being an essential part of every training program for muscle growth.

Having pushed his body to the limit, Yates picked up several injuries over the years. He started using stem cell therapy two months ago and reported his inflammation went down and his shoulders got better after 30 days of being on the treatment plan. As for the progress in his elbow and knee, he indicated it would take a few more weeks before he feels a significant change.

Dorian Yates gave fans a look into the two-exercise ab routine he utilized to win six Mr. Olympia titles last month. He would time the workout after shoulders and triceps and go to failure in two sets of bodyweight crunches and reverse crunches each. He followed up by laying out the chest workout regimen that helped him build a full chest.

Yates showed off his shredded abs in a physique progression snap two weeks ago. He compared photos of himself at age 22 and now, boasting clear abs throughout nearly 40 years.

Dorian Yates Credits Shredded Physique to Intermittent Fasting at 61
In a recent Instagram post, Dorian Yates shared the diet he follows to stay ripped at the age of 61.

“Intermittent fasting, quite the polar opposite approach to eating than I was used to 30 years ago when I’d be eating every two hours!” said Yates. “??But for the past few years, I’ve been practicing intermittent fasting.??I’ve experienced numerous benefits, and have researched pretty much every approach to dieting.

“Intermittent fasting works extremely well for myself.?? I’m now pursuing my health goals and optimising for longevity as opposed to bodybuilding.?? Read my latest blog where I go into why I adopted intermittent fasting, the benefits, how you can potentially use it when trying to build muscle and more.? But the best diet for health goals may not be the same as the best for trying to build maximum muscle.”

[/quote]

Intermittent fasting, a popular and scientifically supported diet approach, involves periods of extended fasting where individuals refrain from consuming food. This trendy method has gained recognition for its potential benefits, including weight loss, muscle gain, blood sugar regulation, and activation of anti-aging genes.

Dorian Yates stressed the importance of using extracurricular training in addition to lifting weights for boosting recovery and offered some of the exercises he’s utilizing to enhance longevity earlier this month.

Yates revealed the approach he used for his diet to get ready for competition days ago. While he would go down to 3,500-4,000 calories in prep, he once cut down to 2,500 calories for his debut.

His latest update will inspire many fans to give intermittent fasting a chance for improving their fitness game.

Published: 9 July, 2023 | 2:59 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back