Effect of oil on the level of solubilization of testosterone propionate

Dean Destructo

The level of solubilization of the drug testosterone propionate into 2% w/w oil-in-water (o/w) microemulsions, stabilized by the nonionic surfactant polyoxyethylene 10-oleyl ether (Brij 96) and containing a range of oils, has been determined. Although testosterone propionate was readily soluble in the ethyl esters ethyl oleate, ethyl caprylate, and ethyl butyrate, and the triglycerides soybean oil, Miglyol 812, and tributryin, and the alkene 1-heptene, only microemulsions containing the ethyl esters and the triglyceride oils exhibited a significant increase in solubilization over the corresponding micellar solution (i.e., surfactant solution in the absence of oil)

Furthermore, the increase in drug solubility observed in the microemulsion systems was not related to the solubility of the drug in the bulk oil. That is, while the smaller molecular volume oils, such as ethyl butyrate, exhibited a greater capacity for the drug, microemulsions containing these oils were only marginally better at solubilizing the drug than the corresponding micellar solution. In contrast, microemulsions containing the larger molecular volume oil, Miglyol 812, gave levels of drug solubilization almost three times those containing ethyl butyrate, yet the bulk capacity for drug in this oil was less than half that of ethyl butyrate. Light scattering and phase inversion temperature studies suggested that the structure of the microemulsion was sensitive to the oil being used, in that, at the low oil concentrations used in this study, the smaller molecular volume oils generally penetrated the interfacial surfactant monolayer in much the same way as a cosurfactant, causing an alteration, presumably a dilution, of the relatively concentrated polyoxyethylene region close to the hydrophobic core, thereby destroying one of the main loci of drug solubilization and counteracting any advantages encountered due to the high solubility of the drug in the bulk oil.

So ethyl oleate , being an ethyl ester, has greater solubilization (the word I was looking for in earlier thread, instead of "absorb" LOL).

So ethyl oleate , being an ethyl ester, has greater solubilization (the word I was looking for in earlier thread, instead of "absorb" LOL).

Yeah I was hoping you'd post this after the other thread u had and questions I had.

But I'm still confused by what is meant by "soluble and solubility" ? As I was asking whether it effected the hormone itself being released faster in the other thread for which I'm assuming you posted this.

Any wAys great information , and I'm still curious whether it's a dumb question or not lol

Yeah I was hoping you'd post this after the other thread u had and questions I had.

But I'm still confused by what is meant by "soluble and solubility" ? As I was asking whether it effected the hormone itself being released faster in the other thread for which I'm assuming you posted this.

Any wAys great information , and I'm still curious whether it's a dumb question or not lol

No it is a good question. And to answer from my general understanding, not only do ethyl ester solutions hold more hormone, but it is is also able to diffuse it at higher rate, so yes faster. The content of your oil solution and your solvents effect the rate at which the hormone diffuses from the oil membrane into the cell membrane. Also it is possible that the ethyl ester is able to pass through the lymphatic system allowing higher systemic diffusion through the body. I am not entirely sure of all of the implications of that yet though, or really what it even means. I do think it clues into why some people's "throats" react to ethyl oleate , because possibly it is a rapid buildup of the hormone in a lymph node on the neck area, just a theory.

Basically like more pitchers pouring water at the same time, vs a bigger pitcher.

Except in this case you can up the amount of hormone (say 200mg Test P mL) and still have the same diffusion rate as test prop 100mg/ml in standard oil. Normally, if I was to up the hormone in an oil only solution, either it would crash, or prolong the absorption by slowing the diffusion rate(their is a bunch of math to back this up). With ethyl oleate being an excellent solubilizer it can hold a higher amount AND still release, diffuse, absorb at the same rate. Also, to be noted adding a higher amount of BA can also increase diffusion rate(Faster), by decreasing viscosity. In a nutshell EO is doing the same, decreasing the solutions overall viscosity, even with the addition of more particulate(hormone powder).

- - - Updated - - -

Ethyl oleate is a fatty acid ester formed by thecondensation of oleic acid and ethanol. It is a colorless to light yellow liquid. Ethyl oleate is produced by the body during ethanol intoxication.[SUP][2][/SUP]
Ethyl oleate is used as a solvent for pharmaceutical drug preparations involving lipophilic substances such as steroids.[SUP][3][/SUP] It also finds use as a lubricant and a plasticizer.

- - - Updated - - -

1. oleic acid(organic chemistry) An unsaturated fatty acid, having 18 carbon atoms and one double bond, found in olive oil and very many other vegetable and animal oils and fats; it is used for making soap, cosmetics etc.
[h=4][/h]

- - - Updated - - -

Plasticizers (UK: plasticisers) or dispersants are additives that increase the plasticity orfluidity of a material. The dominant applications are for plastics, especially polyvinyl chloride(PVC). The properties of other materials are also improved when blended with plasticizers including concrete, clays, and related products. According to 2014 data, the total global market for plasticizers was 8.4 million metric tonnes.[SUP][1][/SUP]

Much better understanding now, thanks brutha

No problem. So basically from my research a pure EO or Very High EO content is the fastest way to get hormone in to the cells. So if you can handle it and not have any reactions then go straight EO. This is fairly close to what I do and they are completely painless injections. I will note that I believe it ABSOLUTELY DEPENDS ON THE QUALITY OF THE EO. It must be lab quality and already sterilized and vacuum sealed. Then I heat it with my BB/BA/Hormone mix. I then add a small amount of GSO because in my opinion it helps with even diffusion, no proof on that though. Also I run a high amount of BA, say .4-.5 mL / per 10 mL solution. Painless inject and zero knotting.

No problem. So basically from my research a pure EO or Very High EO content is the fastest way to get hormone in to the cells. So if you can handle it and not have any reactions then go straight EO. This is fairly close to what I do and they are completely painless injections. I will note that I believe it ABSOLUTELY DEPENDS ON THE QUALITY OF THE EO. It must be lab quality and already sterilized and vacuum sealed. Then I heat it with my BB/BA/Hormone mix. I then add a small amount of GSO because in my opinion it helps with even diffusion, no proof on that though. Also I run a high amount of BA, say .4-.5 mL / per 10 mL solution. Painless inject and zero knotting.

yeah higher BA content nor BB for that matter has never hurt me at all, Never! Example, the recipe for 10grams of propionate powder we have as a sticky thread in Lab/recipe forum here at MuscleChemistry that calls for 15ml BB and 5ml BA and I also have used propionate from same recipe but with 7ml Benzyl Alcohol (BA), I have used propionate from each recipe , and it was absolutely Painless, couldn't even feel, or tell you took a shot the following day!

10 Grams of Testosterone Propionate Powder Recipe

10 grams powder
72.5 ml sesame oil
5ml-7.5ml Benzyl AlcoholA 5%
15ml Benzyl Benzoate 15%

Makes 100 ml @ 100mg/ml

Would You or anyone else here consider this a High BA or BB content ?

I should edit, that I am pretty sure, not positive but i know it was one of two oils used, and not sesame oil, pretty sure they Used GSO (grape seed oil) or Saflour Oil. GSO is much thicker, while saflour was much thinner, both suspended well, and never crashed on me, and I'm guessing thats due to the BB and BA content being so high, that is if thats what you guys would consider HIGH BB or BA content.??

I would say that recipe is right on.

standard is

20% BB
.3-.5% BA
+ powder displacement
+ oil of choice (or combo) I like EO + Grape seed oil, it is a super low viscosity combo.

Yeah alcohol is super high. But really if you can tolerate it then go for it, so the diffusion rate is faster, thus the peak faster. Once in the flesh long ester test starts to peak @ 3 days, the addition(due to oil) of time to that peak(say 7-14 days) plus waiting for hormone build up. With a low viscosity solution you can get that hormone to the body and get a jumpstart on cleaving the ester. As far as test prop goes, where there is no wait for buildup, I think the effects would be even more dramatic. To determine that though I would really have to look at all the math and a lot of it was beyond me so I doubt I will be doing that soon.

I will give weight to the fact that progesterone shots for repro are all EO and they are meant to peak quickly and smoothly.

Yeah alcohol is super high. But really if you can tolerate it then go for it, so the diffusion rate is faster, thus the peak faster. Once in the flesh long ester test starts to peak @ 3 days, the addition(due to oil) of time to that peak(say 7-14 days) plus waiting for hormone build up. With a low viscosity solution you can get that hormone to the body and get a jumpstart on cleaving the ester. As far as test prop goes, where there is no wait for buildup, I think the effects would be even more dramatic. To determine that though I would really have to look at all the math and a lot of it was beyond me so I doubt I will be doing that soon.

I will give weight to the fact that progesterone shots for repro are all EO and they are meant to peak quickly and smoothly.

yep never bothered me, and tolerate it well thankfully

Back