Feeder Sets

drtbear67

I saw an interview with Rich Piana where he talks about doing feeders sets. For arms he stated he did 100 skull crushed with DB's and 60 hammer curls for 3 sets (low weight) right before bed. Go to sleep on a huge pump and let the mind/body connect work all night long.

Been doing them for 3 days and the pump and feel the next day is unreal. Going to take tonight off and hit it again the end of the week.

What do you guys think??

I saw that same interview. Just flood the muscle with a shit load of blood without tearing the muscle down. Seems it is working for you. I wonder if you will be able to blast your arms on "arm" day.

Hit arms pretty heavy and had a great workout and the pump was unreal. Cannot wait to see how this progresses over the next month.

In my honest opinion this sounds like some serious brother science lol. No offense and I'm not trying to put it down because who know I could be completely wrong. But the idea kinda makes me giggle. I think the muscle will respond accordingly to how you train it. In this case we are not breaking down muscle tissue because we are training with volume and going after more endurance based white muscle fiber or "fast-twitch" muscle fibers.
Now I do believe volume is valid because we have both fast and slow twitch fibers so we should hit both of course. But in this case I'd have to imagine you're hitting mainly endurance based fibers and the muscle will respond accordingly. Again speculation of course. And I am very excited to read your progress If you stay with it, make sure to take some cold and pumped measurements for us so we can watch your progress! Lol

Ya this is the video rich swears it's his best tip ever. That's some hardcore commitment! Before bed I like to relax. Lol. Seems like that would get me wired and make it hard to sleep. I don't doubt that it wouldn't work so keep us posted on how it's working for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pump and burn is insane. Thank goodness that I have not problem going to sleep. Will start measuring cold and pumped tonight and report back asap.

I saw an interview with Rich Piana where he talks about doing feeders sets. For arms he stated he did 100 skull crushed with DB's and 60 hammer curls for 3 sets (low weight) right before bed. Go to sleep on a huge pump and let the mind/body connect work all night long.

Been doing them for 3 days and the pump and feel the next day is unreal. Going to take tonight off and hit it again the end of the week.

What do you guys think??
Got a linky to the IV?

Ok, guys I have been doing this for a week or so and the pump is unreal. There has been one draw back so far, I have major pain in my elbows. To the point that it is interfering with my regular workouts. I am going to push this week, but if the pain doesn't ease off, I may have to do something different.

Cold my arms were 17 and after my feeder sets they went up to 18.5. Insane.

Team,

I had to stop the feeder sets as my elbow became inflamed and swelled up. Going to take a few weeks off and then try them again. Maybe just Bi's and not tri's.

Well that sucks srtbear67. So did your arms pump up from 17" to 18.5" right after you finished your feeder sets? That's a hell of a pump. You might want to take about 10 grams of BCAA's about a half-hour prior to pumping up. Feed the muscle when all that blood is flushing through your arms.

Beast26 - the pump was unreal. My tri's have exploded since I started doing the feeders. But this dang nerve damage or whatever it is hurt so back that I am going to have to let it rest. I will add the BCAA before I do the workouts the next round.

I am 6'3" and about 233 right now with about 10%BF. I am just now starting a cut and my plan is to get shredded in the next few weeks.

Back