forearm training

Bently

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Seems like no matter where I train I am 1 of the few if not the only 1 that does direct forarm work. I don't do alot but I always do some BB wristcurls and reverse wrist curls at the end of training arms.
Who else trains forearms directly or do you rely on indirect stimulation?

I do after biceps forward wrist curls letting weight drop to tips of fingers and roll back up and standing reverse wrist curls.

I also take a dumbbell 30lbs and set arm on a flat bench and rotate wrist back and forth develops that little muscle on top of wrist, the rope works good for that as well.
I usually use 15 to 30 reps.

I do the same thing...BB wrist curls and reverse curls..I've only seen 1 other guy doing forearms..but then at that time of morning I don't see much of anyone doing anything anyway!

homonunculus said:
I'll just say I rely upon stimulation.

;^)

-R

guess I shoulda expected that response from someone with a cactus between his legs! lol

my forearm training consists of forward and reverse curls with dubbells and a grip machine like the hand strengthener you see for gripping..(if that made any sense)
also a standard bench bar with no weight for both behind the back let it hang and curl up towards the buttocks, add weight if its to light but step into it and then bend down to pick it up, same way when done.. to many get hurt trying to do it otherwise..

maybe this will help with some variances.

I do wrist curls on a decline bench with my wrists on the edge of the bench, thumbs under the bar, hands about 6" apart. slow up and pause and slow down. 5 sets @ 15 reps 45 seconds in between sets, 3xs a week with a 5 pound increase every week. Can you take the burn? Works for me. Pretty soon I'll have popeye forearms:)

Always! I have this thing about big forearms. I've always wanted mine to be huge. I do them after bis...wrist curls reverse and forward...BB and DB, hammers, reverse grip BB curls, rope wrist curls, anything I can think of to hit both sides. I usually do 3-4 sets for each side.

homonunculus said:
I'll just say I rely upon stimulation.

;^)

-R

i guess that would be considered direct stimulation :D

i've always relied on indirect forearm work, but have done some direct work mainly because kr made me. :)

KidRok said:
guess I shoulda expected that response from someone with a cactus between his legs! lol
:D lol

anyway , forearm training for me is something i do during certain times, like i go 4-6 weeks without any forearm work , and then when i do direct forearm work , i cut down on the volume on bicep training (charles poliquin speaks on this , very interesting ) , so what i do is something similar to poliquin's ideas on this . just very very heavy wrist curls mainly , best till now is 185 lbs for 12 reps :) .

Back