Fundraising through Bodybuilding

Shaptown

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Bodybuilding.coms - Bodybuilding.com In The News - Bench Press Competition Fundraiser to Fight Domestic Violence

I really like the idea behind this. It really gives the sport some positive publicity as well as promoting PR amongst local clubs and affiliations that would otherwise have seemingly no connection. I think this presents a bright future for the world of competitive lifting as a means to building a safer, more succesful community in which we all live.

What do you guys think? Have there been any similar events sponsored in your area? Would you ever take the initiative to do something like this yourself?

The State Championships in Texas this year raised and donated monies to breast cancer- it was a big deal.
I think these events- any aspect of bodybuilding, powerlifting , etc are definitely good exposure for us.

I think its a great idea. Maybe some positive press would convince some people that all bodybuilders aren't idiots with small penises. I won't rant on all the misconceptions but showing that guys who are competitive on any level are concerned with the community can never hurt.

Back