Going crazy from not working!

Metal85

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Gold Member
After 8 months of not working, seeing why people steal things and sell drugs is alot more apparent, im not saying it is right, but it's alot more apparent. Continuing in the field that I have been in since I was 18, I find it hilarious the they boast the shit out of the medical field saying thats where you can get a good stable job. After a $50,000 student loan that I got raped on, and a career field that has now become completely flooded and impossible to get a job in nationwide, I sure do wish that I could turn back the clock. College is a big game they rope you in to, than while you are going you have no idea they are taping your wrists to your ankles, and after you graduate you find out they are not even going to spit on it before they put it in you. That was me venting good day.:angry:

After 8 months of not working, seeing why people steal things and sell drugs is alot more apparent, im not saying it is right, but it's alot more apparent. Continuing in the field that I have been in since I was 18, I find it hilarious the they boast the shit out of the medical field saying thats where you can get a good stable job. After a $50,000 student loan that I got raped on, and a career field that has now become completely flooded and impossible to get a job in nationwide, I sure do wish that I could turn back the clock. College is a big game they rope you in to, than while you are going you have no idea they are taping your wrists to your ankles, and after you graduate you find out they are not even going to spit on it before they put it in you. That was me venting good day.:angry:

Should I quote you on this when I talk to my daughter about college,lmao

Seriously though you have to go to college these days, and my daughter is going come hell or high water

well bro, i tell what. i was in the same boat a few years ago. but any more you cant go to school for things you like or are interested in. you have to pursue whats in demand and what the world needs.

like energy, of course medical, rise in technology, and psyco analysis for all the crazy poeple.

i had a good bro of mine get his masters degree in english.....he's been searching for a good paying job for years. what the fuck kind of good paying job can a person get nowing how to do good english? fuckn pointless degree IMO.

idk thats just my two cents but i know where your coming from bro, and it is a painfull road to travel through.

what kind of degree do you have? i know of some really good jobs right now. all in energy companies but you'd be making some serious money. they'll hirer you with degree in basket weeving, no joke. they just want to know your not stupid

Should I quote you on this when I talk to my daughter about college,lmao

Seriously though you have to go to college these days, and my daughter is going come hell or high water
I would tell u to shop around and not to go to a university, unless she has a great scholarship, also try to get a federal loan and dont do a private one

well bro, i tell what. i was in the same boat a few years ago. but any more you cant go to school for things you like or are interested in. you have to pursue whats in demand and what the world needs.

like energy, of course medical, rise in technology, and psyco analysis for all the crazy poeple.

i had a good bro of mine get his masters degree in english.....he's been searching for a good paying job for years. what the fuck kind of good paying job can a person get nowing how to do good english? fuckn pointless degree IMO.

idk thats just my two cents but i know where your coming from bro, and it is a painfull road to travel through.

what kind of degree do you have? i know of some really good jobs right now. all in energy companies but you'd be making some serious money. they'll hirer you with degree in basket weeving, no joke. they just want to know your not stupid

Yeah I went to school for Radiology, im a Certified Radiologic Technologist with the state of Florida and certified through ARRT as well, (Taking xrays in the hospital and fluoro for operating room cases) I worked at a hospital for a year and a half after graduating for that position, than something came available in another hospital in the cardiac cath lab, with fulltime benefits so I moved to that, they failed to tell me about the 17 hours and on call on top of that (even while in traing and not getting on call pay but reg pay) so it got old, I left, than got my tricep tendon torn which set me back now I am jobless. 5 years patient care in hospitals got my EMT certification in 03, got my basic dysrythmia cert in 06, graduated from Rad university in dec 08. Out of work since like June 2010, I have a house that I built in 08 so I am stuck in the area, and my wife is a charge nurse so that would be another thing keeping us here.

x2 on college being a gamble.
entry level for my degree is less than im making now which only reqd a HS diploma. i graduate this year and then what changes? nothing. except being a few grand short.

x2 on college being a gamble.
entry level for my degree is less than im making now which only reqd a HS diploma. i graduate this year and then what changes? nothing. except being a few grand short.
I wish I was only a few grand short some lessons are learned to late though I suppose

Damn bro. I feel for ya. I was out of work for 4 months once and literally went crazy even though I had plenty of money. Have you thought about just taking a job as an EMT until something better comes along? If your wife is a nurse I'm sure you already have an inside track on openings, but it couldn't hurt to have something

Damn bro. I feel for ya. I was out of work for 4 months once and literally went crazy even though I had plenty of money. Have you thought about just taking a job as an EMT until something better comes along? If your wife is a nurse I'm sure you already have an inside track on openings, but it couldn't hurt to have something

thanks man, I cant do EMT unless its in an ER bc I dont have the state license for it, just the certificate, I have literally applied for about 26-30 positions in the hospitals with no louck, and recently found out that if u submit alot of app's with same company HR doesnt like that and wont push them all through to the managers for the dept's you are applying for. Last interview I had was 2 months ago , they had 1 per diem spot for a rad tech, and over 200 applicants applied for the position

thanks man, I cant do EMT unless its in an ER bc I dont have the state license for it, just the certificate, I have literally applied for about 26-30 positions in the hospitals with no louck, and recently found out that if u submit alot of app's with same company HR doesnt like that and wont push them all through to the managers for the dept's you are applying for. Last interview I had was 2 months ago , they had 1 per diem spot for a rad tech, and over 200 applicants applied for the position

Personally I got certificates and training in so many related aspects of what I wanted to do it's staggering. I'm more qualified than the guy in charge of the Dept I work for! I also had a take several shittier jobs before I got the position I have now, but my resume is staggering and no one questions me. That's how I went about it, but I'm also a bull headed ass and knew I would need the paperwork to support my demeanor.

Personally I got certificates and training in so many related aspects of what I wanted to do it's staggering. I'm more qualified than the guy in charge of the Dept I work for! I also had a take several shittier jobs before I got the position I have now, but my resume is staggering and no one questions me. That's how I went about it, but I'm also a bull headed ass and knew I would need the paperwork to support my demeanor.
yeah I have been trying for a variety of jobs, just no luck so far, im hoping everyday that the next one brings good news. Winning the lotto thing on here the other day really cheered me up as i dont take stuff for granted. I cant wait to get the stuff now

MRbigz wheres the jobs you know of located at?

Hey metal, sorry for late responce bro. my day's are very hecktic. talking about work, man i seriously need a vacation.

but the jobs i know of our in Albuquerque NM. your qualifications would set you perfect. its not expensive to live here.

and EMT's are needed badly on offshore drilling operations, with companies like Devon, BP america, Shell oil, and exon mobile. they pay top dollar and all expenses paid while your at work. they have gyms on their facilities and a personal chef cater's to your food requests.

off shore in florida and luisiana, apply on line bro.

Hey metal, sorry for late responce bro. my day's are very hecktic. talking about work, man i seriously need a vacation.

but the jobs i know of our in Albuquerque NM. your qualifications would set you perfect. its not expensive to live here.

and EMT's are needed badly on offshore drilling operations, with companies like Devon, BP america, Shell oil, and exon mobile. they pay top dollar and all expenses paid while your at work. they have gyms on their facilities and a personal chef cater's to your food requests.

off shore in florida and luisiana, apply on line bro.
My Mom actually lives in Rio Rancho lol. What are the websites? I wonder if u can just have your emt cert and not have to have the state licensure. Thanks man

yea deffinatley bro, just go to or BPcareers.com or devon.com. they all have websites bro, just click on careers or job listing. you wont be disapointed. you'll make some serious money bro. plus is a very organized setting and very proffesional. excellent benifits, they match 9 percent 401k, most of the companies. plus, your young and proffesional, thats what these companies are looking for. no more old poeple mentality, its young, new fresh ideas.
plus you get to work in a place where very few poeple get to expirience. its awsome, if you dont mind water and riding in a helicopter to your platform. look up online to life offshore, so you get a feel of what you getting into.

Fuck man, I got a degree and have never used it. I now have a job making great money in this area and am still not using my degree. It's a fucking waste for me, but I'm glad I did it. You think you got raped on loans, if you only knew what I went through you'd see you have it easy. I mean, if someone told me the story that I have about loans, there'd be no way in hell I'd believe them

I know so many people with degrees who weren't able to get jobs in their fields. I was one of the fortunate few who started working right after high school and is doing really well 10+ years later, even without a college degree. I've been at my current job 9 years and worked my way up from being a front desk receptionist into a respectable position. Over the years, I've gone to school for a variety of things that interested me personally, but I can't imagine leaving my job anytime soon since the bills gotta get paid somehow.

Anyway, I do think that college is required for many fields and industries, but it shouldn't be a requirement.

Good luck finding something soon, Metal!

I know so many people with degrees who weren't able to get jobs in their fields. I was one of the fortunate few who started working right after high school and is doing really well 10+ years later, even without a college degree. I've been at my current job 9 years and worked my way up from being a front desk receptionist into a respectable position. Over the years, I've gone to school for a variety of things that interested me personally, but I can't imagine leaving my job anytime soon since the bills gotta get paid somehow.

Anyway, I do think that college is required for many fields and industries, but it shouldn't be a requirement.

Good luck finding something soon, Metal!
Thank you =)

Fuck man, I got a degree and have never used it. I now have a job making great money in this area and am still not using my degree. It's a fucking waste for me, but I'm glad I did it. You think you got raped on loans, if you only knew what I went through you'd see you have it easy. I mean, if someone told me the story that I have about loans, there'd be no way in hell I'd believe them

yeah bro kinda the same here they(the University) said with this company(chase one) you can consolidate, so to go with chase not sallie may, come to find out you cant.
They said its a fixed rate, on the paper work it didnt say either it just had the rate, its a variable
They Said no interest accrues while I was in school it did (about $10,000)
so now im stuck with a bill over $400 a month that I can not consolidate and thats with the market bottomed out, so with the variable rate, like it can go to 12% than that would be a $600 dollar school bill. They def got paid to sell these pos loans, and bc I have been out of work 8 months I had to put the loan in forebarance twice for a total of 6 months so far, so the 4000 that I have paid on it now is worthless, bc I now owe more than when I first got the initial bill. I have decided im not paying over 400 a month and they can take it or F themselves, bc they already want 420-something a month when I start paying it back, I never agreed to this exorbitant amount monthly, like even in my field I only make 20/hour so its a good chunk of that just to pay it. If Canada wasnt so cold Id hide away for 7 years than come back.

Back