How much protein is the most you consume at once

jtunderdog

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Gold Member
I boiled a bag of shrimp and ate just that the other day and realized i had eaten 86 grams of protein with only a little sodium added from the seasoning I added to boil them. It was only 5 bucks for the shrimp. I have added that once a week in for something different. I live in Louisiana and added a boat load of red pepper and just a minimum amount of salt. It was less than a 40gram serving of cold cuts for sure sodium wise. You think thats just way too much at once. It also was less than 450 calories.

if its frozen shrimp, its high in sodium to start with. Most research and gurus say 40-50g tops per meal. I stay with 40-45g per meal for myself and my clients...on cheat days, its all free game...i dont count cals on those days, i just make sure the protein stays high

I boiled a bag of shrimp and ate just that the other day and realized i had eaten 86 grams of protein with only a little sodium added from the seasoning I added to boil them. It was only 5 bucks for the shrimp. I have added that once a week in for something different. I live in Louisiana and added a boat load of red pepper and just a minimum amount of salt. It was less than a 40gram serving of cold cuts for sure sodium wise. You think thats just way too much at once. It also was less than 450 calories.
Hey bro, hook me up with about 80lbs of crawfish!

40-50 grams of protein per meal has been around for years, well into the 80's. I read a study the other day completely debunking it as myth. You can take in 100 grams and it will be all processed, the 40-50 grams is a false myth

Id say when cooking the shrimp add minced garlic and citrus juice to add flavor, like lime or lemon or OJ or any combination. Your body needs sodium to function, however it is already in pretty much everything you eat.

40-50 grams of protein per meal has been around for years, well into the 80's. I read a study the other day completely debunking it as myth. You can take in 100 grams and it will be all processed, the 40-50 grams is a false myth

your actually incorrect. I work in medical industry for a living and processed and absorption are totally different. Everything can be 100% processed but not 100% absorbed...whats the point of taking 100 grams if you dont use most of it...waste of money and waste of work for your kidneys...

your body processes 100% of heparin, yet absorbs not even close to that...think about....

im sure i have took in a shit load at once. but i try to stick with 50-60grams each meal.

also to note, you cant increase rate of absorption of protein without increase in efficiency in pathway. So you would need more proteases, more hormones, and more peptides....all from external sources, your body wont ramp up the pathway on its own. In nuknuk's im sure peptides and hormones are helping...the 40-50 is for the average. I know several pro NFL guys and they pound KFC daily and look like they can walk on stage tomorrow...genetics is another key factor

I beleive everyone is different, but i feel anything above 30-40 grams per meal can not be utilized by the body. eat a lot of protein per meal and you are wasting your money and taxing your organs. Eat more meals and allow the bosy to asimilate the food and use it. 40 to 50 grams may be possible but even if your muscles get bigger, your organs and there functions only increase slightly and there adaptation is minimal. Once the food goes beyond the duodum, (spelled wrong), i dont think much of anything is absorbed until the cecum which is just water. I could be a little off on the sections of the intestines (getting old) but I can re-look

Back