How to increase appetite (other than b12)?

• Thread starter Thread starter saudades
  • Start date Start date
S

saudades

I am losing my appetite as of late, and I have no idea why. I have been using lots of b12, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I don't think I'm sick. Been extremely tired lately, too. What are some other ways I can increase my appetite? I try to force feed myself, but I start to feel sick to my stomach and soon have to stop. It's like my stomach shrank. I used to be able to put down huge sandwiches, and now I can't.

are you on any gear and how long? sometimes people loss appetite when there system is stressed.

normalsucks said:
are you on any gear and how long? sometimes people loss appetite when there system is stressed.

I'm always on. I've been on for over eight years--hormone replacement therapy. I must be really stressed then. It's probably because of holiday stuff and my house being built, etc.

supermannpc said:
oh yeah orals will mess up the appetite too
i cant take anadrol for that reason

t-bol and d-bol do that to me. When I was on anadrol a while ago, I had a great appetite. Wish I had more.

How is the sleep because that will screw with your hunger.Dont over do the fluids because that will cause some to.Hope you work thru this because i have the same trouble from time to time.I could eat one meal a day and be happy but I would loss weight like hell.So i just force it down knowing this

body2see said:
IGF increased my appetite, light cardio like superman said, and oddly enough at nighttime sometimes melatonin makes me starving.

Immense growth factor also increases appetite for me, love the stuff.

sometimes my appetite will just take a dive for a day or two out of the blue, happens once every month or two. I just fight through it, cut food down a little so I dont puke, and it comes back like clockwork.
its gotta be stress or something that causes it.

saudades said:
I am losing my appetite as of late, and I have no idea why. I have been using lots of b12, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I don't think I'm sick. Been extremely tired lately, too. What are some other ways I can increase my appetite? I try to force feed myself, but I start to feel sick to my stomach and soon have to stop. It's like my stomach shrank. I used to be able to put down huge sandwiches, and now I can't.

All symptoms of a stressed liver.

My liver enzymes have been more elevated at my last blood test (I get them regularly), but it is because of the cholesterol meds I have been on. They were never like that before being on pravastatin. At my last doctor visit, my doc actually tried to pin the higher liver enzymes on the HRT shots I've been taking. I had to remind him that I had far lower values before going on the pravastatin (for over eight years they were just fine) and that statins were hard on the liver. He had to eat his words and back off after that.

This weekend, I stopped taking the pravastatin to see how it affected me. After even two days, I actually feel much better. I am going to have to talk to my doctor about that one.

Okay, I definitely think it is related to the pravastatin. I've been sleeping much, much better since coming off of it, and my appetite is a lot better now. I'm going to have to control the cholesterol some other way.

saudades said:
Okay, I definitely think it is related to the pravastatin. I've been sleeping much, much better since coming off of it, and my appetite is a lot better now. I'm going to have to control the cholesterol some other way.

Flush free Niacin and Fish Oils.

Sounds good, I already have the fish oils, just need flush-free niacin and I'm all set. It certainly was the pravastatin because my appetite has really increased, and the last couple of days, I actually slept the whole night through which I haven't done in a long time.

Found out that too much calcium will also hinder your appetite. I've been taking a lot of calcium since I don't really use milk too much. I guess I had more than I needed because my appetite increased more after laying off the calcium for a couple of days.

Back