Hulk Hogan Talks Diet, Fitness Goals And Gives Life Advise: “Be Consistent”

Muscle Insider

Pro wrestling legend Hulk Hogan is one of the most famous wrestlers from the 1980s era as well as one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. After starting his professional wrestling career in 1977, Hogan continued to entertain the fans for nearly 40 years and became a well-recognized figure not just in the USA but across the globe.
Hulk Hogan’s big break came in 1983 when he joined WWF (now known as the WWE) and became a fan favorite due to his wrestling skills as well as his charming personality. Over the course of his career, the 69-year-old competed under several banners like the WWE/WWF, NJPW, AWA, and WCW. He also tried his hand at acting and other forms of entertainment after stepping away from pro wrestling for a brief period of time.
However, Hulk Hogan did his best work in the pro-wrestling world until his retirement in 2012. By the time he called it a career, the wear and tear of the pro wrestling career had caught up with the legendary bodybuilder who had to undergo several surgeries to fix the issues.
So severe was the damage that fellow pro wrestling legend Kurt Angle stated that Hogan ‘can no longer feel his lower body’ after back surgeries. However, Hogan significantly downsized a couple of years ago to reduce the strain on his joints.
He is doing exceptionally well considering the accumulation of damage. Recently, Hulk Hogan shared a glimpse of his everyday life and gave a tour of his kitchen and gym for a video interview with Men’s Health magazine.

Hulk Hogan shares his diet and workout routine
Hogan first took the viewers to show what was inside his fridge. The contents are all organic without exception. Nut milk, berries, yogurts, and protein shakes sit proudly in the 69-year-old’s fridge. Hulk Hogan spoke candidly about the dietary habits of his fellow pro-wrestlers while showing the fridge. He said:
“People didn’t talk about protein back in the day as much as they do now. Back in the hardcore wrestling days, people talked about the money and the miles… And who could drink the most beer!”
Turns out that people were far more fun-loving than they are today. But that being said, Hulk Hogan did not give a pass to a protein-rich diet even in those days.
“I would start out and I would eat 12 fried eggs in the morning, two hamburger patties, oatmeal and everything would have butter on it because at the time my engine was burning so fast. I was wrestling like 400 times a year.”
The hectic schedule meant extensive traveling – driving through the country, flying – caring on with insufficient sleep. So to fuel his activities and keep entertaining the fans, Hogan ate a whole lot of protein.
“It wasn’t hard to maintain that type of diet because you can go to any Denny’s or iHop and get that type of food,” Hogan said about the protein-rich yet non-restrictive diet.

The legendary wrestler admits that he was not quite educated about proper dietary practices. This shortcoming best reflects in Hulk Hogan’s pre-match meals which consisted of three Miller Lites and two Tylenol. If that sounds too much, the post-match meal went above and beyond.
“The post-match meal was probably 12 Miller Lites. That’s how it was,” Hogan stated.
All of that is now in the past and Hogan has completely given up alcohol and Tylenol. All he drinks is pure and clean water.
Hulk Hogan’s diet now
Hulk Hogan’s recent body transformation did not go unnoticed as he lost nearly 40 lbs in body weight. A number of factors contributed to his decision to shed those pounds. The extreme wear and tear of pro wrestling took its toll on the legend as he has pushed through several major injuries throughout his 40-year-long career. Most notably, Hogan’s famous body slam on Andre the Giant and Wrestlemania III tore both his biceps and back muscles. Coupled with a number of other issues, mostly related to bones and joints, tightened their noose around him around 15 years back.
“I went for a back surgery and it turned into ten back surgeries. Both knees were replaced, both hips were replaced. A couple of surgeries on my face from getting my orbital socket broken a couple of times…” Hogan explained.

The impact of growing age and all the surgeries reduced Hogan’s ability to carry a lot of weight and he made some crucial changes to his lifestyle. As a result of the weight loss, Hogan can carry on with life a lot better. He has quit sugar completely as it induced inflammation in his joints. His diet is pretty simple and it includes:
Breakfast

1 Cup yogurt
Banana
Organic Coffee

Lunch and Dinner

Chicken or Steak or Raw Tuna or Sashimi

Snacks

Organic Cookies

Supplements

He takes several supplements to maintain fitness and also feels that CBD oil is far better than some medications.

Desserts Cheat Meals

Dairy-free ice creams, cookies, and a lot more!

Hulk Hogan’s home gym and training routine
Although downsized, Hulk Hogan is still among the higher echelons of people when it comes to fitness level. After all, how many 69-year-olds look as energetic as the legendary wrestler? Like most of us, Hogan also has fitness goals that he is working towards. As explained by him:
“Well, I’m going to be 70 years old in August and my fitness goal is when I walk down the beach with my girl Kye and my shirt’s off, I look better than the 30 or 35 years old guy that’s walking down the beach like the c**k of the walk. I wanna make sure that I look better than all these other guys around here.”
To achieve this goal, he has formulated a training plan that best suits his capacity. Hulk Hogan’s weekly training split includes:

Monday – Chest and back workout
Tuesday – Cardio, shoulder, and abs workout
Wednesday – Arms workout
Thursday – Leg workout

Back when he was active professionally, Hulk Hogan had a massive gym at his home. Considering the amount of damage he has endured throughout the 40 years long career, machines are a better choice as they considerably reduce the strain on joints compared to free weights. As a result, Hogan has scaled the gym down in line with his fitness goals. A Strive exercise machine is the favorite piece of gym equipment Hogan possesses.

Hulk Hogan’s Advice to his fans
Hulk Hogan has seen life in a totally different light as a result of his profession and public stature. Therefore, he gathered a vast number of life experiences. When asked about the one piece of advice he would like to give, Hogan said:
“To be consistent. That’s the best piece of information I’ve ever learned.”
Like most of us, Hulk Hogan is also a big admirer of bodybuilding legend Arnold Schwarzenegger. He used Arnold’s wisdom to elaborate more on his advice to be consistent and said:
“Arnold says something very very important I picked up one time. He said, ‘even if you don’t feel good, even if you don’t feel like training, still go to the gym anyway. Pick some lighter weights up. You’ll get motivated before you know it and you’ll be in your rhythm and you’ll get a good workout.”

Hogan says maintaining good mental health is a bit of a struggle for him because of his ‘legitimately crazy’ nature. But jokes apart! The real secret behind Hulk Hogan maintaining good mental health is being grateful. Additionally, he advises keeping a forward-looking approach in life to maintain sanity.
“It’s looking forward in the windshield instead of worrying about what’s in the rearview mirror now. That’s the only thing that keeps me sane because if I digress and I start worrying about this happened and that happened and this person’s gone or that person’s gone… Things happen for a reason. So for me to stay focused and dialed in, I stay in the moment and that seems to work well.”
Hulk Hogan has endured a lot of pain to entertain hundreds of millions of pro wrestling fans around the world. Now that he has been able to fix a lot of issues and leads a healthy life, Fitness Volt wishes him all the best in achieving his fitness goals.
You can watch the full video here, courtesy of Men’s Health magazine’s YouTube channel:

Published: 29 June, 2023 | 5:08 AM EDT

hulk-hogan-talks-diet-fitness-goals.jpg
Pro wrestling legend Hulk Hogan is one of the most famous wrestlers from the 1980s era as well as one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. After starting his professional wrestling career in 1977, Hogan continued to entertain the fans for nearly 40 years and became a well-recognized figure not just in the USA but across the globe.

Hulk Hogan’s big break came in 1983 when he joined WWF (now known as the WWE) and became a fan favorite due to his wrestling skills as well as his charming personality. Over the course of his career, the 69-year-old competed under several banners like the WWE/WWF, NJPW, AWA, and WCW. He also tried his hand at acting and other forms of entertainment after stepping away from pro wrestling for a brief period of time.

However, Hulk Hogan did his best work in the pro-wrestling world until his retirement in 2012. By the time he called it a career, the wear and tear of the pro wrestling career had caught up with the legendary bodybuilder who had to undergo several surgeries to fix the issues.

So severe was the damage that fellow pro wrestling legend Kurt Angle stated that Hogan ‘can no longer feel his lower body’ after back surgeries. However, Hogan significantly downsized a couple of years ago to reduce the strain on his joints.

He is doing exceptionally well considering the accumulation of damage. Recently, Hulk Hogan shared a glimpse of his everyday life and gave a tour of his kitchen and gym for a video interview with Men’s Health magazine.

Hulk Hogan shares his diet and workout routine
Hogan first took the viewers to show what was inside his fridge. The contents are all organic without exception. Nut milk, berries, yogurts, and protein shakes sit proudly in the 69-year-old’s fridge. Hulk Hogan spoke candidly about the dietary habits of his fellow pro-wrestlers while showing the fridge. He said:

“People didn’t talk about protein back in the day as much as they do now. Back in the hardcore wrestling days, people talked about the money and the miles… And who could drink the most beer!”

[/quote]
Turns out that people were far more fun-loving than they are today. But that being said, Hulk Hogan did not give a pass to a protein-rich diet even in those days.

“I would start out and I would eat 12 fried eggs in the morning, two hamburger patties, oatmeal and everything would have butter on it because at the time my engine was burning so fast. I was wrestling like 400 times a year.”

[/quote]
The hectic schedule meant extensive traveling – driving through the country, flying – caring on with insufficient sleep. So to fuel his activities and keep entertaining the fans, Hogan ate a whole lot of protein.

“It wasn’t hard to maintain that type of diet because you can go to any Denny’s or iHop and get that type of food,” Hogan said about the protein-rich yet non-restrictive diet.

[/quote]

The legendary wrestler admits that he was not quite educated about proper dietary practices. This shortcoming best reflects in Hulk Hogan’s pre-match meals which consisted of three Miller Lites and two Tylenol. If that sounds too much, the post-match meal went above and beyond.

“The post-match meal was probably 12 Miller Lites. That’s how it was,” Hogan stated.

[/quote]
All of that is now in the past and Hogan has completely given up alcohol and Tylenol. All he drinks is pure and clean water.

Hulk Hogan’s diet now
Hulk Hogan’s recent body transformation did not go unnoticed as he lost nearly 40 lbs in body weight. A number of factors contributed to his decision to shed those pounds. The extreme wear and tear of pro wrestling took its toll on the legend as he has pushed through several major injuries throughout his 40-year-long career. Most notably, Hogan’s famous body slam on Andre the Giant and Wrestlemania III tore both his biceps and back muscles. Coupled with a number of other issues, mostly related to bones and joints, tightened their noose around him around 15 years back.

“I went for a back surgery and it turned into ten back surgeries. Both knees were replaced, both hips were replaced. A couple of surgeries on my face from getting my orbital socket broken a couple of times…” Hogan explained.

[/quote]

The impact of growing age and all the surgeries reduced Hogan’s ability to carry a lot of weight and he made some crucial changes to his lifestyle. As a result of the weight loss, Hogan can carry on with life a lot better. He has quit sugar completely as it induced inflammation in his joints. His diet is pretty simple and it includes:

Breakfast

• 1 Cup yogurt
  • Banana
  • Organic Coffee
Lunch and Dinner

• Chicken or Steak or Raw Tuna or Sashimi
Snacks

• Organic Cookies
Supplements

• He takes several supplements to maintain fitness and also feels that CBD oil is far better than some medications.
Desserts Cheat Meals

• Dairy-free ice creams, cookies, and a lot more!

Hulk Hogan’s home gym and training routine
Although downsized, Hulk Hogan is still among the higher echelons of people when it comes to fitness level. After all, how many 69-year-olds look as energetic as the legendary wrestler? Like most of us, Hogan also has fitness goals that he is working towards. As explained by him:

“Well, I’m going to be 70 years old in August and my fitness goal is when I walk down the beach with my girl Kye and my shirt’s off, I look better than the 30 or 35 years old guy that’s walking down the beach like the c**k of the walk. I wanna make sure that I look better than all these other guys around here.”

[/quote]
To achieve this goal, he has formulated a training plan that best suits his capacity. Hulk Hogan’s weekly training split includes:

• Monday – Chest and back workout
  • Tuesday – Cardio, shoulder, and abs workout
  • Wednesday – Arms workout
  • Thursday – Leg workout
Back when he was active professionally, Hulk Hogan had a massive gym at his home. Considering the amount of damage he has endured throughout the 40 years long career, machines are a better choice as they considerably reduce the strain on joints compared to free weights. As a result, Hogan has scaled the gym down in line with his fitness goals. A Strive exercise machine is the favorite piece of gym equipment Hogan possesses.

Hulk Hogan’s Advice to his fans
Hulk Hogan has seen life in a totally different light as a result of his profession and public stature. Therefore, he gathered a vast number of life experiences. When asked about the one piece of advice he would like to give, Hogan said:

“To be consistent. That’s the best piece of information I’ve ever learned.”

[/quote]
Like most of us, Hulk Hogan is also a big admirer of bodybuilding legend Arnold Schwarzenegger. He used Arnold’s wisdom to elaborate more on his advice to be consistent and said:

“Arnold says something very very important I picked up one time. He said, ‘even if you don’t feel good, even if you don’t feel like training, still go to the gym anyway. Pick some lighter weights up. You’ll get motivated before you know it and you’ll be in your rhythm and you’ll get a good workout.”

[/quote]

Hogan says maintaining good mental health is a bit of a struggle for him because of his ‘legitimately crazy’ nature. But jokes apart! The real secret behind Hulk Hogan maintaining good mental health is being grateful. Additionally, he advises keeping a forward-looking approach in life to maintain sanity.

“It’s looking forward in the windshield instead of worrying about what’s in the rearview mirror now. That’s the only thing that keeps me sane because if I digress and I start worrying about this happened and that happened and this person’s gone or that person’s gone… Things happen for a reason. So for me to stay focused and dialed in, I stay in the moment and that seems to work well.”

[/quote]
Hulk Hogan has endured a lot of pain to entertain hundreds of millions of pro wrestling fans around the world. Now that he has been able to fix a lot of issues and leads a healthy life, Fitness Volt wishes him all the best in achieving his fitness goals.

You can watch the full video here, courtesy of Men’s Health magazine’s YouTube channel:

Published: 29 June, 2023 | 5:08 AM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back