IFBB Pro Kris Dim Paralyzed

nuknuk

MuscleChemistry member
Something went wrong during surgery to fix a stent.

" I had never heard of someone having heart surgery and coming out of it paralyzed, so I called the most knowledgable person I know on medicine, IFBB Pro Dr. Victor Prisk. Dr. Prisk actually informed me that this does happen, although it is extremely rare. The chances of being paralyzed after surgery occurs in 12 out of 100,000 patients. The Artery of Adamkiewicz is the largest anterior segmental medullary artery and that is the artery that is connected to the spine from the aorta. If the artery has a spasm during surgery, in this case when the stent was being replaced, a stroke of the spinal cord can take place. The stroke can then stop circulation in the spinal column, causing the loss of the use and feeling in the legs."

Wow that's just fucked up and my prayers go out to him and his family.

OMG!! That is terrible.. Can someone post a picture of him cause I dont know who he is.. Thanks and best wishes to his family..

img_16071257787348.jpg

very sad, truth is any surgery is a major risk. If you think you have problems now this one is unimaginable

I always loved his physique

Does anyone know if he has any chances of recovery at all, or any more info about this at all?

"I asked Dr. Prisk for Dim’s chances of recovery and even Dr. Prisk had to look this one up. He told me in a sullen voice, “There is a .03% chance that Kris will walk again.” In a text message Kris said. “I 100% believe that I will be walking again. I have feeling back in my legs, and I can move my knees and toes.”
quoted from Singerman's article

At least Kris has a positive outlook and Determination. He has definitely defied the odds before.

As long as he keeps up that mentality I believe he'll make more progress than they once believed. It would certainly be an amazing story if he does walk again. Kind of makes you wonder which you'd rather deal with, the current injury or the one you adopt AFTER surgery

Back