Injury training, what are your thoughts

The Dude

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
I know some people that take an automatic 3 weeks off training an injured bodypart. Some give it a week, some will do indirect movements without skipping a beat. Personally I always train. If I had a bad injury like a strained pec or something, I baby it at home, but I try some light stuff at my next session. I feel this lets me get blood in there and feel it out. I don't want to come in after a month of and have no idea where to start and suddenly pop it again. What do you guys do?

I used to train through certain injuries, but when what I believed was tendonitis turned out to be a stress fracture that created a full on fracture of my humerus which was terrible I learned not to take things too lightly. So now it just depends on what it is if I train or not

I use to train through it when i was younger in my early 20s but now i i will wait til its healed

For me it seems that if I don't keep some blood in it, it becomes flat and I get twinges very easily

I think I just pulled my left pec?! I was doing flat bench and wasn't heavy , did 2warm up set then 3rd set my left pec felt like it tore! ? I hurts and is bigger then the other side grrrr! I don't need this!

I think I just pulled my left pec?! I was doing flat bench and wasn't heavy , did 2warm up set then 3rd set my left pec felt like it tore! ? I hurts and is bigger then the other side grrrr! I don't need this!

that does suck brutha, ive strained my pec at the nsetion point near the arm pit but never tore it knock on wood! Its always those light sets that get ya!

that does suck brutha, ive strained my pec at the nsetion point near the arm pit but never tore it knock on wood! Its always those light sets that get ya!

Yes they do! Lol now I'm taking it easy for a week and upping my igf, there's no bruising on my pec but I can't even do a shoulder press or push up. Hoping it gets better soon..

I strained something in my back a couple of weeks ago and just been working around it for the most part. I was doing back and bi's and of course it popped while working bi's. lol. I actually took a couple days off in between workouts, but I've been trying not to push it too hard. I've been making great progress the last few months and don't want to set myself back by injuring myself badly.

I've strained mine a couple times and ruptured my left pec over 10 years ago. The sure way to tell is extend both of your arms up and straight like a front double bicep with your arms straight. You'll be able to see it if its torn.

When I strain it now I use really light weight and get as much blood into it as possible as long as there is no pain. After tons of pec injuries I'm pretty familiar with the best way for me to recoup it

Back