Jason Momoa Shares Diet & Training Routines for Staying Swole in 2023  

Muscle Insider

American actor Jason Momoa continues to dominate Hollywood with an impressive physique. In a recent interview with Men’s Health, Momoa revealed some of the go-to foods he consumed on set for Fast X and laid out his 2023 training routine.
In 2018, Momoa reached the pinnacle of his acting career, having starred in the hit action motion picture Aquaman as Arthur Curry. The role required him to maintain a superhero-quality physique, which he made possible with appropriate nutrition and training sessions.
He also played the role of Aquaman in other DC Extended Universe-inspired projects, such as Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League, and the Aquaman sequel, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. Last year, Momoa was cast to play the villain in the 10th Fast and Furious film, Fast X.

While Momoa has admitted in the past he doesn’t like attending gyms, that hasn’t stopped him from training. The popular actor credits his physique with an active lifestyle. From rock climbing to mountain biking, the Hawaiian native doesn’t miss an opportunity to stay in shape.
Jason Momoa Shows Off What’s in Fridge, Talks Training On the Go in 2023
The contents of Momoa’s fridge mostly contained pre-workout and post-workout beverages.
Momoa’s Diet

Water
Guinness Beer
Aloha Ham
kava
poi
pre workout beverages
post-workout beverages

“Here’s my fridge. Everything a growing boy needs: water, Mananalu baby, we don’t do plastic. Pre-workout, post-workout, [Guiness Beer], most importantly, part-time workout. And if you’re on a diet, aloha Ham. Chill-out-and-go-to-bed workout, might have some fresh kava.”
“Do bone for the dog. And most importantly, poi baby [starchy good paste with with taro root]. That’s the secret [beer],” said Jason Momoa.

Momoa’s Training Routine

Rock climbing
mountain biking
band work
kettle bell movements
boxing

When asked about the gym, Momoa had the following to say while repping dumbbell rows and barbell curls:

“Kettle bells have been really huge in my life. I travel with kettle bells and it helps me with my core, fighting, and doing stunts. Aside from that, bands. I’ll do band work on set, it’s just so simple and easy. I like stuff I can just take with me anywhere you know what I mean. Boxing is always fun and it keeps my cardio up.”
“And then also to keep up with cardio there’s rock climbing, riding bikes, so I just got these gravel bikes, they are fun as hell, mountain bikes, and riding motorcycles isn’t really a workout but mentally it clears my head. Yeah, I like the mountain bike, I like to go downhill fast. I’m not allowed to go downhill anymore because I’m obviously shooting a movie.”

Momoa isn’t the only superhero action star drawing attention for his training and diet. Australian fitness and acting icon Chris Hemsworth routinely updates fans with progress photos and workouts. The last time fans heard from Hemsworth, he showcased his lean physique in the middle of a no-equipment core training session.

Aside from Momoa and Hemsworth, Hugh Jackman is another actor keen on producing a next-level physique. In preparation for his roles in Deadpool 3 and Wolverine, Jackman shared a number of training sessions on his way to transforming his body. Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is also celebrated for his diet and training and he recently starred in Marvel’s smash success Black Adam.
RELATED: Chris Hemsworth Shares Killer 200-Rep Workout Challenge
Fans look forward to seeing Jason Momoa commanding a major role in Fast X, which is set to hit theatres in the U.S. next month.
Watch the full video below courtesy of the Men’s Health YouTube channel:

Published: 27 April, 2023 | 12:30 PM EDT

Jason-Momoa-Shares-Diet-Training.jpg
American actor Jason Momoa continues to dominate Hollywood with an impressive physique. In a recent interview with Men’s Health, Momoa revealed some of the go-to foods he consumed on set for Fast X and laid out his 2023 training routine.

In 2018, Momoa reached the pinnacle of his acting career, having starred in the hit action motion picture Aquaman as Arthur Curry. The role required him to maintain a superhero-quality physique, which he made possible with appropriate nutrition and training sessions.

He also played the role of Aquaman in other DC Extended Universe-inspired projects, such as Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League, and the Aquaman sequel, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. Last year, Momoa was cast to play the villain in the 10th Fast and Furious film, Fast X.

While Momoa has admitted in the past he doesn’t like attending gyms, that hasn’t stopped him from training. The popular actor credits his physique with an active lifestyle. From rock climbing to mountain biking, the Hawaiian native doesn’t miss an opportunity to stay in shape.

Jason Momoa Shows Off What’s in Fridge, Talks Training On the Go in 2023
The contents of Momoa’s fridge mostly contained pre-workout and post-workout beverages.

Momoa’s Diet
  • Water
  • Guinness Beer
  • Aloha Ham
  • kava
  • poi
  • pre workout beverages
  • post-workout beverages

“Here’s my fridge. Everything a growing boy needs: water, Mananalu baby, we don’t do plastic. Pre-workout, post-workout, [Guiness Beer], most importantly, part-time workout. And if you’re on a diet, aloha Ham. Chill-out-and-go-to-bed workout, might have some fresh kava.”

“Do bone for the dog. And most importantly, poi baby [starchy good paste with with taro root]. That’s the secret [beer],” said Jason Momoa.

[/quote]
Momoa’s Training Routine
  • Rock climbing
  • mountain biking
  • band work
  • kettle bell movements
  • boxing
When asked about the gym, Momoa had the following to say while repping dumbbell rows and barbell curls:

“Kettle bells have been really huge in my life. I travel with kettle bells and it helps me with my core, fighting, and doing stunts. Aside from that, bands. I’ll do band work on set, it’s just so simple and easy. I like stuff I can just take with me anywhere you know what I mean. Boxing is always fun and it keeps my cardio up.”

“And then also to keep up with cardio there’s rock climbing, riding bikes, so I just got these gravel bikes, they are fun as hell, mountain bikes, and riding motorcycles isn’t really a workout but mentally it clears my head. Yeah, I like the mountain bike, I like to go downhill fast. I’m not allowed to go downhill anymore because I’m obviously shooting a movie.”

[/quote]
Momoa isn’t the only superhero action star drawing attention for his training and diet. Australian fitness and acting icon Chris Hemsworth routinely updates fans with progress photos and workouts. The last time fans heard from Hemsworth, he showcased his lean physique in the middle of a no-equipment core training session.

Aside from Momoa and Hemsworth, Hugh Jackman is another actor keen on producing a next-level physique. In preparation for his roles in Deadpool 3 and Wolverine, Jackman shared a number of training sessions on his way to transforming his body. Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is also celebrated for his diet and training and he recently starred in Marvel’s smash success Black Adam.

RELATED: Chris Hemsworth Shares Killer 200-Rep Workout Challenge

Fans look forward to seeing Jason Momoa commanding a major role in Fast X, which is set to hit theatres in the U.S. next month.

Watch the full video below courtesy of the Men’s Health YouTube channel:

Published: 27 April, 2023 | 12:30 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back