Jay Cutler Reveals ‘Best Exercise’ for Building Huge Hamstrings

Muscle Insider

Bodybuilding legend Jay Cutler was a mainstay of the Men’s Open division for over a decade before moving on from professional competition years ago. He is gained a wealth of knowledge from his experience competing at the top. In a recent video uploaded on YouTube, Cutler revealed the best exercise for building huge hamstrings.
Jay Cutler rose to prominence for his massive muscle mass, size, and conditioning as a Men’s Open competitor in the 2000s. He came close to winning the coveted Sandow trophy in 2001 but could not do enough to defeat eight-time champion, Ronnie Coleman. The pair developed a fierce rivalry as Cutler kept placing second to Coleman. His freakish package earned him three Arnold Classic titles before he found Olympia glory.
After four runner-up finishes, Cutler finally managed to win the 2006 Mr. Olympia. He added a successful title defense the next year before dropping the crown to Dexter Jackson. He came back stronger than ever and became the third Mr. Olympia in history to reclaim the title in non-consecutive years at the 2009 event. Following a final outing in 2013, Cutler hung up his posing trunks with four Sandow trophies under his belt.
Cutler has kept up with training regularly since taking to the sidelines. He’s on a mission to transform his body as part of the ‘Fit for 50’ challenge. He left the fans stunned with a jacked physique update and posing session where he tipped the scales at 240 pounds earlier this year. Then, he laid out the grueling arm workout he utilized to gain muscle and offered tips on getting washboard abs.
The 49-year-old gave fans a look into his cardio training routine for the body transformation challenge last month. He detailed the different exercises and machines he’s using for improving his cardiovascular health and suggested timing the session while fasting in the morning or right after lifting weights.

Jay Cutler revealed he put on 15 pounds in preparation for the challenge three weeks ago. His focus is on getting big and staying lean at the same time. Although he was taking six meals a day, he hinted at dropping the frequency in the near future.
Over two weeks ago, Cutler opened up on some of the best techniques that helped him craft 20-inch arms while crushing a workout. He followed up with a ripped physique update seven weeks out from his 50th birthday.
In a recent YouTube video, Jay Cutler revealed a stiff-legged dumbbell deadlift as the best exercise for building massive hamstrings.
“This is probably the best exercise for hamstrings,” said Cutler. “You’re going to get that stretch right? People can have a hard time feeling this sometimes and I hate the word stiff legged deadlift because if you actually look from the side, I’m not really stiff legged, pulling the hamstrings and glutes, everything pretty much. The calf muscles, it’s a back movement. I’m going to focus on dumbbells.”
Cutler explained the pressure points for the movement and aimed for 3 sets of 10-12 reps with increasing weights.
“With these, I’m still going to do 10-12 repetitions but I just feel a difference with the dumbbells. I try to place a lot of pressure and that’s what’s nice about wearing my sneaker with the very little limited sole.
“I’m going to put most of the pressure on the balls of my feet so I really get that stretch. Some people have different placement on where they feel this movement. I’m going to try to put most of the pressure in the mid area of my foot. I’m going to get a stretch and feel this all the way through my hamstrings, my glutes. I’m going to focus on 3 sets of this 10-12 reps and pyramid the weight up each set.”

Jay Cutler offered the ‘ultimate back-builder’ exercise for developing a thick and wide back last week. According to Cutler, nothing takes priority over the standard pull-up when it comes to back gains. Then, he smashed past an intense arms workout and provided his current cardio, diet, and recovery regimens.
Given the immense success Cutler achieved, fitness fans will likely benefit from his latest trip and build a bigger lower body with the hamstring movement.
You can watch the full video below.
https://youtube.com/shorts/iQVLxHgqsv8?feature=share
Published: 16 July, 2023 | 2:11 PM EDT

Collage-Maker-15-Jul-2023-11-28-AM-9464.jpg
Bodybuilding legend Jay Cutler was a mainstay of the Men’s Open division for over a decade before moving on from professional competition years ago. He is gained a wealth of knowledge from his experience competing at the top. In a recent video uploaded on YouTube, Cutler revealed the best exercise for building huge hamstrings.

Jay Cutler rose to prominence for his massive muscle mass, size, and conditioning as a Men’s Open competitor in the 2000s. He came close to winning the coveted Sandow trophy in 2001 but could not do enough to defeat eight-time champion, Ronnie Coleman. The pair developed a fierce rivalry as Cutler kept placing second to Coleman. His freakish package earned him three Arnold Classic titles before he found Olympia glory.

After four runner-up finishes, Cutler finally managed to win the 2006 Mr. Olympia. He added a successful title defense the next year before dropping the crown to Dexter Jackson. He came back stronger than ever and became the third Mr. Olympia in history to reclaim the title in non-consecutive years at the 2009 event. Following a final outing in 2013, Cutler hung up his posing trunks with four Sandow trophies under his belt.

Cutler has kept up with training regularly since taking to the sidelines. He’s on a mission to transform his body as part of the ‘Fit for 50’ challenge. He left the fans stunned with a jacked physique update and posing session where he tipped the scales at 240 pounds earlier this year. Then, he laid out the grueling arm workout he utilized to gain muscle and offered tips on getting washboard abs.

The 49-year-old gave fans a look into his cardio training routine for the body transformation challenge last month. He detailed the different exercises and machines he’s using for improving his cardiovascular health and suggested timing the session while fasting in the morning or right after lifting weights.

Jay Cutler revealed he put on 15 pounds in preparation for the challenge three weeks ago. His focus is on getting big and staying lean at the same time. Although he was taking six meals a day, he hinted at dropping the frequency in the near future.

Over two weeks ago, Cutler opened up on some of the best techniques that helped him craft 20-inch arms while crushing a workout. He followed up with a ripped physique update seven weeks out from his 50th birthday.

In a recent YouTube video, Jay Cutler revealed a stiff-legged dumbbell deadlift as the best exercise for building massive hamstrings.

“This is probably the best exercise for hamstrings,” said Cutler. “You’re going to get that stretch right? People can have a hard time feeling this sometimes and I hate the word stiff legged deadlift because if you actually look from the side, I’m not really stiff legged, pulling the hamstrings and glutes, everything pretty much. The calf muscles, it’s a back movement. I’m going to focus on dumbbells.”

[/quote]
Cutler explained the pressure points for the movement and aimed for 3 sets of 10-12 reps with increasing weights.

“With these, I’m still going to do 10-12 repetitions but I just feel a difference with the dumbbells. I try to place a lot of pressure and that’s what’s nice about wearing my sneaker with the very little limited sole.

“I’m going to put most of the pressure on the balls of my feet so I really get that stretch. Some people have different placement on where they feel this movement. I’m going to try to put most of the pressure in the mid area of my foot. I’m going to get a stretch and feel this all the way through my hamstrings, my glutes. I’m going to focus on 3 sets of this 10-12 reps and pyramid the weight up each set.”

[/quote]

Jay Cutler offered the ‘ultimate back-builder’ exercise for developing a thick and wide back last week. According to Cutler, nothing takes priority over the standard pull-up when it comes to back gains. Then, he smashed past an intense arms workout and provided his current cardio, diet, and recovery regimens.

Given the immense success Cutler achieved, fitness fans will likely benefit from his latest trip and build a bigger lower body with the hamstring movement.

You can watch the full video below.

https://youtube.com/shorts/iQVLxHgqsv8?feature=share

Published: 16 July, 2023 | 2:11 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back