Jeremy Buendia Relays 5 Tips To Young Bodybuilders

Muscle Insider

With family life and legacy on the brain, professional bodybuilder Jeremy Buendia thinks about what changes he may have made as a young buck. The four-time Men’s Physique Olympia champion has gained plenty of pro bodybuilding success since beginning at the age of 17. He is prepping for his return to the competition stage at the 2023 Olympia in Orlando, FL, on Nov. 2-5, 2023.
On June 20, 2023, Buendia published a video on his YouTube channel wherein he covers five things he wished he had known as a young adult — lessons he’s learned that he feels will help others navigate their twenties. Check it out below:

[Related: Use Bodybuilder Dorian Yates’ “Blood and Guts” Back Workout for Next-Level Gains]
Jeremy Buendia on Bodybuilding Misconceptions
Buendia disclosed some inaccuracies and dangers typical for those starting their bodybuilding journey. He’s noticed the generation below him is littered with fitness “gurus” who tout steroids without offering proper guidance. Buendia admittedly used steroids when he was younger but feels he did them the “wrong way.” He took them to be competitive in his chosen sport, but he doesn’t recommend them to the gym-going hobbyist.
Buendia implores proper dieting and training while in the prime hormonal phase (i.e., younger years). He believes proper diet and training will see better short and long-term benefits than those who juice.
Buendia’s Top 5 Life Lessons
1. Proper Nutrition Trumps Steroids
Buendia suggests feeding the body often with highly nutritious foods. He calls it the “chicken and rice” of bodybuilding — he eats every two hours to prevent his body from entering “starvation mode,” when it might break down his hard-earned muscle.
2. Have a Routine
While it might be fun to go with the flow, Buendia says, “When you’re not on a schedule, it’s easy to waste time. It’s easy to be less productive and accomplish less.” Therefore, he encourages the younger generation to stick to a routine.
Buendia practices what he preaches: he times his meals, training, and sleep to maximize what he can do daily.

[Related: Cydney Gillon Breaks Down Her Leg Day Techniques]
3. Take Care of the Body
Buendia had an early career issue of “ego lifting” (i.e., trying to lift more than the lifter next to him.) Nowadays, Buendia focuses on the details that matter. Quoting three-time Mr. Olympia runner-up Kai Green, Buendia informs his followers:
Weightlifting is concerned about getting from point A to point B. Bodybuilding is everything in between.
Body position, feet placement, quality reps, core engagement, and overall balance are crucial to effective reps and sets. Buendia suggests video recording sets to spot improper form. Buendia adjusts his form when needed and trains alone to avoid distractions.
4. Listen to Elders
Buendia listened to his parents and mentors infrequently as a young bodybuilder. He has since realized his error, knowing he missed potential learning opportunities from mentors like coach Hany Rambod and Miguel Aguilar.

“I had a handful of good people in my corner always looking out for me,” Buendia says. “But honestly, I had my head so far up my ass that I didn’t listen to them.” Although he doesn’t regret the mistakes, as they helped him gain the mindset he has now, those younger than him can skip making the same blunders he did.
5. Attitude Matters
How one treats themselves, and others is crucial. “It’s not about being the toughest guy, the baddest dude, or who can beat up who,” Buendia preaches. No more does Buendia, now 32, enter the gym and size people up for no reason.
Buendia filters his old back-and-forth badmouthing energy into positive training and working towards his goals. Despite having 3.6 million followers on Instagram, Buendia tries to avoid looking at social media since it’s a highlight reel rather than an honest portrayal of people’s struggles.
Ultimately, Buendia hopes others enjoy their twenties while following his advice. His former self wishes he did.
Featured image: @jeremy_buendia on Instagram

With family life and legacy on the brain, professional bodybuilder Jeremy Buendia thinks about what changes he may have made as a young buck. The four-time Men’s Physique Olympia champion has gained plenty of pro bodybuilding success since beginning at the age of 17. He is prepping for his return to the competition stage at the 2023 Olympia in Orlando, FL, on Nov. 2-5, 2023.

On June 20, 2023, Buendia published a video on his YouTube channel wherein he covers five things he wished he had known as a young adult — lessons he’s learned that he feels will help others navigate their twenties. Check it out below:

[Related: Use Bodybuilder Dorian Yates’ “Blood and Guts” Back Workout for Next-Level Gains]

Jeremy Buendia on Bodybuilding Misconceptions
Buendia disclosed some inaccuracies and dangers typical for those starting their bodybuilding journey. He’s noticed the generation below him is littered with fitness “gurus” who tout steroids without offering proper guidance. Buendia admittedly used steroids when he was younger but feels he did them the “wrong way.” He took them to be competitive in his chosen sport, but he doesn’t recommend them to the gym-going hobbyist.

Buendia implores proper dieting and training while in the prime hormonal phase (i.e., younger years). He believes proper diet and training will see better short and long-term benefits than those who juice.

Buendia’s Top 5 Life Lessons
1. Proper Nutrition Trumps Steroids
Buendia suggests feeding the body often with highly nutritious foods. He calls it the “chicken and rice” of bodybuilding — he eats every two hours to prevent his body from entering “starvation mode,” when it might break down his hard-earned muscle.

2. Have a Routine
While it might be fun to go with the flow, Buendia says, “When you’re not on a schedule, it’s easy to waste time. It’s easy to be less productive and accomplish less.” Therefore, he encourages the younger generation to stick to a routine.

Buendia practices what he preaches: he times his meals, training, and sleep to maximize what he can do daily.

[/quote]
[Related: Cydney Gillon Breaks Down Her Leg Day Techniques]

3. Take Care of the Body
Buendia had an early career issue of “ego lifting” (i.e., trying to lift more than the lifter next to him.) Nowadays, Buendia focuses on the details that matter. Quoting three-time Mr. Olympia runner-up Kai Green, Buendia informs his followers:

Weightlifting is concerned about getting from point A to point B. Bodybuilding is everything in between.

[/quote]
Body position, feet placement, quality reps, core engagement, and overall balance are crucial to effective reps and sets. Buendia suggests video recording sets to spot improper form. Buendia adjusts his form when needed and trains alone to avoid distractions.

4. Listen to Elders
Buendia listened to his parents and mentors infrequently as a young bodybuilder. He has since realized his error, knowing he missed potential learning opportunities from mentors like coach Hany Rambod and Miguel Aguilar.

[/quote]
“I had a handful of good people in my corner always looking out for me,” Buendia says. “But honestly, I had my head so far up my ass that I didn’t listen to them.” Although he doesn’t regret the mistakes, as they helped him gain the mindset he has now, those younger than him can skip making the same blunders he did.

5. Attitude Matters
How one treats themselves, and others is crucial. “It’s not about being the toughest guy, the baddest dude, or who can beat up who,” Buendia preaches. No more does Buendia, now 32, enter the gym and size people up for no reason.

Buendia filters his old back-and-forth badmouthing energy into positive training and working towards his goals. Despite having 3.6 million followers on Instagram, Buendia tries to avoid looking at social media since it’s a highlight reel rather than an honest portrayal of people’s struggles.

Ultimately, Buendia hopes others enjoy their twenties while following his advice. His former self wishes he did.

Featured image: @jeremy_buendia on Instagram

Click here to view the article.

Back