Keep a training log book....

Bently

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
.....I have trained before where I "go by how I feel" with the weight and number of reps. However progress seems to be hit or miss that way. I've found 1 of the most invaluable tools to measure and continue progressing is to keep a training log book with the exercise, weight, and reps. This weigh I can strive each week for that extra rep or 2 or another 5-10 lbs on the bar. I always keep it close by me now when at the gym and will constantly refer back to what I did the workout before.
If you don't already do this, give it a try. It's 1 of the least expensive ways to make some gains!

KR

Point taken. I've been off and on with the consistancy and decipline of my weight lifting, but for he most part I've been a role model for others I know. However I've ben asked why I don't carry a journal and my answer has always been: "Too lazy, the workout is hard enough!" But that's a piddly-ass excuse and within the next month or so I plan to go to Wal-Mart and pick up a note pad or scheduler that has a pen slot so I can keep on track easier. It's good advice Kid, and I bet the best of the best either have someone telling them what they're last workouts consisted of or keep a journal themselves. I have good memory but knowing that I did the exact lift my last back workout will make me push for that extra rep, plate or set, I know it.

Thanks.

I always use a LOG. If I had a good workout I know exactly what I did. I find if I don't keep one I start slacking some even though I think I'm not.

I have training journals at my mother's home from when I was 16 years old. I probably have a total of about 8 or 9 years that are logged.

Skip

I know that my workouts are better since I have been using a training log. I record my exercise, my goal reps and weight, then I record what reps and weight I am able to do. I make notes to remind me of things for my next workout.

Peace

TT

Awesome advice bro! BB is a science...Keeping precise logs of excercises and diet is important when trying to fine tune everything to get the most of your workouts and gains.

Thanks bro. I think that is where bodybuilding is going and has been for some time. Apply science to your training and it will only improve. A training logs helps in so many ways. Helps you see how often you do an exercise, if you have increased your weight lately, the total number of sets, and even if you were able to get an extra rep or two on a set. Mmmmm...I see a musclechemistry log being made?! Wonder if Presser would be interested in that?

Peace

TT

This quote sums it up perfectly:
"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten."

Back