Keurig coffee makers...

big in vegas

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Who here has one? I've got one of the personal ones where you have to put the water in every time. I'm looking at buying a bigger one with the filtration kit, water reservoir and the whole nine yards, it's the Keurig Vue V700. From what I can see it's one of the best ones out there. It's a little over $225, but I love coffee so it's worth it to me. Just wanted to get some insight or opinions on the bigger ones.

I was looking at the keurig's, but ended up going with "The Scoop" by Huntington Beach. It's a single serve coffee machine where you put your own coffee in it. I think most of the K-cups taste artificial or perhaps just low grade coffee. Not sure which. lol. Plus the k-cups create a huge amount of garbage not that I'm the most "eco-friendly" person, but I go to my parents house during the holidays and see a garbage can full of those little cups when there's a bunch of people at the house.

Yea, the Vue (V-cups) were made because they can be recycled whereas the regular K-cups just produce a lot of garbage because they can't be recycled. But the downside to this is that the selection is not as large, they're more expensive and you can not (yet) buy a personal cup where you can put in your own grounds. The K-cup currently offers a cup like that where you can grind your own coffee and use it instead of buying K-cups

I like my roommatesl..not sure of the model but it has water reservoir digital cup water size deal, Think she got from Costco.. Only issue I saw it have is it's water is from a quality filtration unit that I pour into reservoir that I put in but after a year it started slowing down water exiting unit into k-cup.so I had to disassemble and clean things also some k-cups don't work due to coffee too hard packed into the plastic cup. Like one outa 20. Look inside a cup one time . It's like a miniature mr coffee filter with coffee . Great invention . Have your girl buy it..

I have the model below the one you are looking at big n wv. I love it. But if i have people here for the holidays, its too expensive to use. I just use a normal coffee maker then. But when you just want one fresh cup for yourself, its the way to go. Ive had some trouble with mine. I thought it was the pump going bad. But i ended up calling Keurig and they were very helpful. I had to clean both the upper and lower needles with a paper clip, and that fixed it.
I use both the premade k cups and sometimes i put my coffee in the k cup coffee holder thingy. Overall, i think they are great.
BTW, i have one at my business too. Its great when you have a customer come in and you can offer he or she a fresh cup of coffee.

The Platinum plus is the next one down without going with the Vue series. My buddy just bought his Platinum Plus from QVC and it is only $28 a month for 6 months. It's pretty nice and I may end up going with it, but I'm still not sure yet. I'm going to go play with his first and see if I like it better in person. The thing that's nice about his is that it has a hot water tap for say oatmeal or something if you just want hot water without making coffee. That'd be nice for something like oatmeal in the mornings rather than boiling water every time

The Platinum plus is the next one down without going with the Vue series. My buddy just bought his Platinum Plus from QVC and it is only $28 a month for 6 months. It's pretty nice and I may end up going with it, but I'm still not sure yet. I'm going to go play with his first and see if I like it better in person. The thing that's nice about his is that it has a hot water tap for say oatmeal or something if you just want hot water without making coffee. That'd be nice for something like oatmeal in the mornings rather than boiling water every time
Yes it is nice. I also have an instant hot water faucet on my sink. They are great. Bigghorn can probably tell you all about them. Im sure he has installed many in his work. They are only about $150. I install mine where you would normally see the old style spray nozzle on your sink. I think it has a 1 gallon reserve. Whatever size it is, its a lot bigger than the reserves on the coffee makers. But more importantly, you can adjust the temp, and its capable of dispensing boiling water if you wish, very hot!! They are awesome for oarmeal, soup, hot tea, cream of wheat, or instant coffee (yuck). I love mine.
The coffee maker and this instant boiling water dispenser both make great xmas presents. You can get the instant hot water dispenser at home depot. And its easy to install yourself.

Back