Liquid I.V. Review

Muscle Insider

For athletes, staying adequately hydrated is about more than just drinking enough water. While drinking plain water can help with our body’s core functions, electrolyte supplements like Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier take it up a notch by helping to replenish the electrolytes that we lose in sweat. Each Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier packet contains around three times the amount of electrolytes in a typical sports drink . Plus, its formula is designed to help you absorb water and electrolytes faster. The packaging is also a plus here — it’s a lot easier to bring a few small packets to the gym than a whole tub of powder.
With 510mg of sodium, you can replenish the sodium that you sweat out during a grueling workout, and each packet contains 380mg of potassium (equivalent to one medium-sized banana). In addition to being non-GMO, this electrolyte supplement is also vegan-friendly and gluten-free, so those with dietary restrictions can partake in the hydration. Liquid I.V.’s Hydration Multiplier may be a perfect fit if you’re looking for an effective and convenient hydration supplement to add to your supplement mix.
Editor’s note: The content on BarBend is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. The opinions and articles on this site are not intended for the diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. It’s always a good idea to talk to your doctor before beginning a new fitness, nutritional, and/or supplement routine. Individual needs for vitamins and minerals will vary.
Main Takeaways

Each Hydration Multiplier packet contains 510mg of sodium and 380mg of potassium.
There are 12 different flavors to choose from.
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier comes in small packets instead of a tub, making it easier to take them on the go.

Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier

This hydration supplement is packed with electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals to help you replenish what is lost while sweating.

Liquid I.V. Highlights
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier uses what the company calls Cellular Transport Technology (CTT)®? , a precise ratio of sodium, glucose, and potassium that’s designed to create an osmotic effect that causes the body to absorb water faster. This not only rehydrates you faster but also helps your body absorb the nutrients quickly, so they can replace what you lost in your last sweaty workout. Compared to a Gatorade, you’ll get 140mg more sodium and 300mg more potassium, but Liquid I.V. has 23g less sugar and 95 fewer calories. That said, you’re still getting 11 grams of sugar and 500mg of sodium — 22 percent of your daily value for both. So if you’re trying to limit the intake of those ingredients, you might be better off with another electrolyte supplement.
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier comes in 12 flavors: Strawberry Lemonade, Seabearry, Tropical Punch, Pina Colada, Grape, Golden Cherry, Acai Berry, Guava, Lemon Lime, Passion Fruit, Strawberry, and Watermelon. There’s also a 24-unit variety pack that contains Lemon Lime, Acai Berry, and Passion Fruit. Pricing is pretty average compared to the competition, but buying in bulk with a subscription is the way to go, as the price is roughly $1.20 per packet — making this a much cheaper option than your typical sports drink.
Pros

The 12 different flavors offer plenty of variety, and all are fruit-forward without being overly sweet, thanks to a touch of saltiness.
510mg of sodium replenishes the sodium that you sweat out in a difficult workout.
These packets are gluten-free, vegan-friendly, and non-GMO.
Each packet has about three times the amount of electrolytes as your average sports drink. Plus, these packets are cheaper, too.

Cons

There are 11g of sugar and sodium in each packet, 22 percent of the recommended daily value.
The artificial sweeteners (such as sucralose and stevia) in the packets may not be ideal for those who are sensitive to them.
Throwing away Liquid I.V.’s individual packet containers creates more environmental waste than scooping out of a tub.

Price and Buying Options
You can purchase Liquid I.V.’s Hydration Multiplier at the grocery store, from Amazon, and of course, through the Liquid I.V. website. An eight-pack from Amazon is roughly $17, and a ten-pack from your local grocery store is around $20, but buying in bulk from their website is the cheapest way to go.
If you buy from the Liquid I.V. website, a 16-pack is roughly $25, a 32-pack is around $50, a 48-pack is about $75, and a 64-pack will run you around $100. Regardless of which one you choose, the packets will be around $1.56, but this will drop to around $1.20 if you subscribe to the monthly restock. This will drop the 16-pack to around $19, the 32-pack to about $38, the 48-pack to around $57, and the 64-pack to roughly $76. Regardless of which route you choose, these are really low prices per packet, considering the overall effectiveness of the packets.
Liquid I.V. Overall
With so many hydration supplements claiming to be the best, finding one with the right formulation for your specific needs can be challenging. While we can’t speak on every single option on the market, we’re pretty high on Liquid I.V.’s Hydration Multiplier. Not only were the flavors we tested excellent, but one perpetually thirsty tester noted that Liquid I.V. mixed with water was the only thing that really quenched her thirst.
This adds some credence to the company’s claims that its specific ratio of ingredients to water may help the body absorb the liquid faster. That said, the heavy amount of sodium and sugar may not be what everyone is looking for, and it doesn’t necessarily make this a viable everyday option if you’re not sweating a lot.
Formulation
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier consists of 11 key ingredients that work together to hydrate your body and support overall wellness adequately. This list consists of sodium, potassium, magnesium, glucose, and B vitamins, but let’s break down the heavy hitters, so you can better understand what to expect.
Sodium
Each individual packet contains 500mg of sodium, which is 22 percent of the recommended daily value. If you aren’t aware, sodium is an electrolyte that helps maintain fluid balance in the body and can prevent muscle cramps. (1)
This is great for when you find yourself looking like you just hopped out of the pool after a workout, but less than ideal for everyday drinking and for those who want to limit their sodium intake in general. This is because excessive sodium intake is associated with high blood pressure. (2) If that is a worry for you, it may be best to look for a product with less sodium content.
Potassium
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier contains 370mg of potassium per serving, which controls muscle contraction, maintains healthy blood pressure, and plays an important part in protein synthesis. Plus, increasing your potassium intake can help stave off muscle cramps during a workout. While eating fruits and vegetables is the best way to increase your potassium intake, this can help you increase your overall daily intake.
Magnesium
Magnesium is another essential electrolyte, and its main purpose is to maintain normal cellular and organ function. (3) One packet contains 25mg of magnesium, which may not seem like a lot, but neither Gatorade nor Powerade contains magnesium, so this is a perk.
Dextrose
Liquid I.V. contains 7mg of dextrose, a form of glucose that is a naturally-occurring sugar compound in our bodies. Glucose is central to energy consumption and fuels our bodies. (4) Dextrose is easily absorbed and may help your body absorb the electrolytes at a faster rate.
B Vitamins
Each Liquid I.V. packet contains vitamins B3, B5, B6, and B12.
B3, also called Niacin, has numerous benefits, such as keeping our skin, nervous, and digestive systems healthy. (5) Each packet contains 22.8mg, about 140 percent of the daily value, but you’d need to be intaking over 2,000mg a day to experience negative effects, so don’t worry.
You’ll find 11.7mg of B5 in each packet, which helps break down fats and carbs into energy. (6)
There is 2.35mg of vitamin B6 in Liquid I.V., which is 140 percent of your daily intake. This nutrient plays an important role in brain development and helps keep your nerves and immune system working properly. (7)
Liquid I.V. contains 6.82 mcg of vitamin B12 per serving, which is 280 percent of the recommended daily intake. B12 plays an essential role in your body, helping to keep your blood and nerve cells healthy and playing a part in making DNA. (8)
Vitamin C
You’ll find 73mg of vitamin C in one of these packets, which is 80 percent of your daily value. Vitamin C is known to assist in growing and repairing the tissues in your body and can help support your immune system. And it prevents scurvy, which is a plus.

Liquid I.V. contains 15mg of stevia leaf extract per serving. This is a natural and calorie-free sweetener derived from the stevia plant. Since stevia is roughly 200 to 400 times sweeter than sugar, those who don’t like sweets may find Liquid I.V. too sweet, but you can always mix these packets with more water to dilute the taste. (9)
What To Consider Before Buying Liquid I.V.
Aside from the benefits of staying hydrated and replenishing your body from the electrolytes lost while sweating, you should still consider a few factors before committing to purchasing Liquid I.V.
Price
While the overall prices for Liquid I.V. are pretty competitive compared to the rest of the market, you should still weigh your purchasing options carefully. A 10-pack from your local grocery store will cost you around $20, meaning each packet is $2, while the 16, 32, 48, and 64-pack options are roughly $1.50. In our opinion, buying in bulk and subscribing to a monthly restock is hands down the way to go, as each packet will drop to around $1.20, making it cheaper than your standard sports drink.
Taste
Finding a product that your taste buds enjoy is crucial to buying any supplement. Since not everyone wants the same flavor, Liquid I.V. crafted 12 different flavors: Strawberry Lemonade, Seabearry, Tropical Punch, Pina Colada, Grape, Golden Cherry, Acai Berry, Guava, Lemon Lime, Passion Fruit, Strawberry, and Watermelon. Plus, you can snag a variety pack if you aren’t sold on any one flavor yet. During testing, we found that the taste across the board was excellent — the fruit taste was at the forefront without being overly sweet, with just a bit of saltiness.
Sodium and Sugar Content
The sodium and sugar content may be the most important aspect of deciding whether or not you want to purchase Liquid I.V.’s Hydration Multiplier. The sugar and sodium in one serving account for 22 percent of your recommended daily value. This is a lot in one drink, so if you’re trying to limit one or both of these ingredients daily, you might want to consider other options.
Packaging
Liquid I.V. comes in single-serving packets versus the tub that most supplements come in. Since you can conveniently toss these small packets in a gym bag, it’s much easier to take these to the gym for some quick rehydration after a workout. But they do create more waste, since each packet is another piece of garbage that you have to throw away. Tubs, while less handy to carry around with you, create less waste when you’re done with them. If minimizing environmental waste is a priority for you, you may want to consider other options.
Final Word
Hydration is vital to living a healthy life, as it helps keep your joints lubricated and improves sleep quality and cognition. (10) Drinking enough water on a daily basis is a good start, but active people need to be sure that they’re also getting enough electrolytes to actually replenish what they lose while sweating. Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier is perfect for taking after a long workout, a hot day in the sun, or a night out on the town, and the packets are ideal for those who are constantly on the go.
The blend of electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals can help support proper hydration and overall wellness. 12 flavors mean there is an increased chance that you’ll find one you enjoy, or you can go for the variety pack. And with multiple bulk buying options, they’re pretty cheap, considering the product’s effectiveness. Just remember, the high sodium and sugar levels may not be ideal for those looking to limit their daily intake of those specific ingredients. Ultimately, Liquid I.V. is an excellent choice for those searching for an affordable electrolyte supplement (especially if you subscribe) that is highly portable and can assist in proper hydration.
FAQs
How much does Liquid I.V. cost?The price for this product depends on how many packets you want to purchase. Purchasing an eight-pack on Amazon or a 10-pack at your local grocery store will have each packet costing around $2. However, if you purchase one of the bulk options on the Liquid I.V. website, that price will drop to around $1.50 per packet, and if you subscribe, it drops to around $1.20 per serving.
How much sodium is in Liquid I.V.?Each individual serving contains 510mg of sodium, which is 22 percent of the recommended daily value. While this is beneficial for when you’re sweating like a pig after a workout, it’s not necessarily ideal for everyday usage, and those who want to limit their sodium may want to steer clear of this product.
What flavors does Liquid I.V. come in?Liquid I.V. offers its hydration supplement in 12 flavors: Strawberry Lemonade, Seabearry, Tropical Punch, Pina Colada, Grape, Golden Cherry, Acai Berry, Guava, Lemon Lime, Passion Fruit, Strawberry, and Watermelon.

References

Veniamakis, Eleftherios et al. “Effects of Sodium Intake on Health and Performance in Endurance and Ultra-Endurance Sports.” International journal of environmental research and public health vol. 19,6 3651. 19 Mar. 2022, doi:10.3390/ijerph19063651
Hunter, Robert W et al. “The impact of excessive salt intake on human health.” Nature reviews. Nephrology vol. 18,5 (2022): 321-335. doi:10.1038/s41581-021-00533-0
Razzaque, Mohammed S. “Magnesium: Are We Consuming Enough?.” Nutrients vol. 10,12 1863. 2 Dec. 2018, doi:10.3390/nu10121863
Nakrani, Mihir N., et al. “Physiology, Glucose Metabolism.” StatPearls, StatPearls Publishing, 25 July 2022.
Hamoud S, Kaplan M, Meilin E, Hassan A, Torgovicky R, Cohen R, Hayek T. Niacin administration significantly reduces oxidative stress in patients with hypercholesterolemia and low levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol. Am J Med Sci. 2013 Mar;345(3):195-9. doi: 10.1097/MAJ.0b013e3182548c28. PMID: 22990043.
“Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid).” Mount Sinai Health System, www.mountsinai.org/health-library/supplement/vitamin-b5-pantothenic-acid#:~:text=In%20addition%20to%20playing%20a,that%20sit%20atop%20the%20kidneys.
Coolicc. “TOP7 Benefits of Vitamin B6.” Cleveland Clinic, 19 May 2023, health.clevelandclinic.org/vitamin-b6/. Accessed 15 June 2023.
“Office of Dietary Supplements – Vitamin B12.” NIH Office of Dietary Supplements, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-Consumer/#:~:text=Vitamin%20B12%20is%20a%20nutrient,makes%20people%20tired%20and%20weak.
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition. “Aspartame and Other Sweeteners in Food.” U.S. Food and Drug Administration, FDA, www.fda.gov/food/food-additives-petitions/aspartame-and-other-sweeteners-food#:~:text=Steviol%20glycosides%20are%20natural%20constituents,times%20sweeter%20than%20table%20sugar.
“The Importance of Hydration.” News, 22 June 2018, www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/the-importance-of-hydration/#:~:text=Drinking%20enough%20water%20each%20day,quality%2C%20cognition%2C%20and%20mood.

For athletes, staying adequately hydrated is about more than just drinking enough water. While drinking plain water can help with our body’s core functions, electrolyte supplements like Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier take it up a notch by helping to replenish the electrolytes that we lose in sweat. Each Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier packet contains around three times the amount of electrolytes in a typical sports drink . Plus, its formula is designed to help you absorb water and electrolytes faster. The packaging is also a plus here — it’s a lot easier to bring a few small packets to the gym than a whole tub of powder.

With 510mg of sodium, you can replenish the sodium that you sweat out during a grueling workout, and each packet contains 380mg of potassium (equivalent to one medium-sized banana). In addition to being non-GMO, this electrolyte supplement is also vegan-friendly and gluten-free, so those with dietary restrictions can partake in the hydration. Liquid I.V.’s Hydration Multiplier may be a perfect fit if you’re looking for an effective and convenient hydration supplement to add to your supplement mix.

Editor’s note: The content on BarBend is meant to be informative in nature, but it should not be taken as medical advice. The opinions and articles on this site are not intended for the diagnosis, prevention, and/or treatment of health problems. It’s always a good idea to talk to your doctor before beginning a new fitness, nutritional, and/or supplement routine. Individual needs for vitamins and minerals will vary.

Main Takeaways
  • Each Hydration Multiplier packet contains 510mg of sodium and 380mg of potassium.
  • There are 12 different flavors to choose from.
  • Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier comes in small packets instead of a tub, making it easier to take them on the go.

Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier

This hydration supplement is packed with electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals to help you replenish what is lost while sweating.

Liquid I.V. Highlights
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier uses what the company calls Cellular Transport Technology (CTT)®? , a precise ratio of sodium, glucose, and potassium that’s designed to create an osmotic effect that causes the body to absorb water faster. This not only rehydrates you faster but also helps your body absorb the nutrients quickly, so they can replace what you lost in your last sweaty workout. Compared to a Gatorade, you’ll get 140mg more sodium and 300mg more potassium, but Liquid I.V. has 23g less sugar and 95 fewer calories. That said, you’re still getting 11 grams of sugar and 500mg of sodium — 22 percent of your daily value for both. So if you’re trying to limit the intake of those ingredients, you might be better off with another electrolyte supplement.

Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier comes in 12 flavors: Strawberry Lemonade, Seabearry, Tropical Punch, Pina Colada, Grape, Golden Cherry, Acai Berry, Guava, Lemon Lime, Passion Fruit, Strawberry, and Watermelon. There’s also a 24-unit variety pack that contains Lemon Lime, Acai Berry, and Passion Fruit. Pricing is pretty average compared to the competition, but buying in bulk with a subscription is the way to go, as the price is roughly $1.20 per packet — making this a much cheaper option than your typical sports drink.

Pros
  • The 12 different flavors offer plenty of variety, and all are fruit-forward without being overly sweet, thanks to a touch of saltiness.
  • 510mg of sodium replenishes the sodium that you sweat out in a difficult workout.
  • These packets are gluten-free, vegan-friendly, and non-GMO.
  • Each packet has about three times the amount of electrolytes as your average sports drink. Plus, these packets are cheaper, too.
Cons
  • There are 11g of sugar and sodium in each packet, 22 percent of the recommended daily value.
  • The artificial sweeteners (such as sucralose and stevia) in the packets may not be ideal for those who are sensitive to them.
  • Throwing away Liquid I.V.’s individual packet containers creates more environmental waste than scooping out of a tub.
Price and Buying Options
You can purchase Liquid I.V.’s Hydration Multiplier at the grocery store, from Amazon, and of course, through the Liquid I.V. website. An eight-pack from Amazon is roughly $17, and a ten-pack from your local grocery store is around $20, but buying in bulk from their website is the cheapest way to go.

If you buy from the Liquid I.V. website, a 16-pack is roughly $25, a 32-pack is around $50, a 48-pack is about $75, and a 64-pack will run you around $100. Regardless of which one you choose, the packets will be around $1.56, but this will drop to around $1.20 if you subscribe to the monthly restock. This will drop the 16-pack to around $19, the 32-pack to about $38, the 48-pack to around $57, and the 64-pack to roughly $76. Regardless of which route you choose, these are really low prices per packet, considering the overall effectiveness of the packets.

Liquid I.V. Overall
With so many hydration supplements claiming to be the best, finding one with the right formulation for your specific needs can be challenging. While we can’t speak on every single option on the market, we’re pretty high on Liquid I.V.’s Hydration Multiplier. Not only were the flavors we tested excellent, but one perpetually thirsty tester noted that Liquid I.V. mixed with water was the only thing that really quenched her thirst.

This adds some credence to the company’s claims that its specific ratio of ingredients to water may help the body absorb the liquid faster. That said, the heavy amount of sodium and sugar may not be what everyone is looking for, and it doesn’t necessarily make this a viable everyday option if you’re not sweating a lot.

Formulation
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier consists of 11 key ingredients that work together to hydrate your body and support overall wellness adequately. This list consists of sodium, potassium, magnesium, glucose, and B vitamins, but let’s break down the heavy hitters, so you can better understand what to expect.

Sodium
Each individual packet contains 500mg of sodium, which is 22 percent of the recommended daily value. If you aren’t aware, sodium is an electrolyte that helps maintain fluid balance in the body and can prevent muscle cramps. (1)

This is great for when you find yourself looking like you just hopped out of the pool after a workout, but less than ideal for everyday drinking and for those who want to limit their sodium intake in general. This is because excessive sodium intake is associated with high blood pressure. (2) If that is a worry for you, it may be best to look for a product with less sodium content.

Potassium
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier contains 370mg of potassium per serving, which controls muscle contraction, maintains healthy blood pressure, and plays an important part in protein synthesis. Plus, increasing your potassium intake can help stave off muscle cramps during a workout. While eating fruits and vegetables is the best way to increase your potassium intake, this can help you increase your overall daily intake.

Magnesium
Magnesium is another essential electrolyte, and its main purpose is to maintain normal cellular and organ function. (3) One packet contains 25mg of magnesium, which may not seem like a lot, but neither Gatorade nor Powerade contains magnesium, so this is a perk.

Dextrose
Liquid I.V. contains 7mg of dextrose, a form of glucose that is a naturally-occurring sugar compound in our bodies. Glucose is central to energy consumption and fuels our bodies. (4) Dextrose is easily absorbed and may help your body absorb the electrolytes at a faster rate.

B Vitamins
Each Liquid I.V. packet contains vitamins B3, B5, B6, and B12.

B3, also called Niacin, has numerous benefits, such as keeping our skin, nervous, and digestive systems healthy. (5) Each packet contains 22.8mg, about 140 percent of the daily value, but you’d need to be intaking over 2,000mg a day to experience negative effects, so don’t worry.

You’ll find 11.7mg of B5 in each packet, which helps break down fats and carbs into energy. (6)

There is 2.35mg of vitamin B6 in Liquid I.V., which is 140 percent of your daily intake. This nutrient plays an important role in brain development and helps keep your nerves and immune system working properly. (7)

Liquid I.V. contains 6.82 mcg of vitamin B12 per serving, which is 280 percent of the recommended daily intake. B12 plays an essential role in your body, helping to keep your blood and nerve cells healthy and playing a part in making DNA. (8)

Vitamin C
You’ll find 73mg of vitamin C in one of these packets, which is 80 percent of your daily value. Vitamin C is known to assist in growing and repairing the tissues in your body and can help support your immune system. And it prevents scurvy, which is a plus.

Liquid I.V. contains 15mg of stevia leaf extract per serving. This is a natural and calorie-free sweetener derived from the stevia plant. Since stevia is roughly 200 to 400 times sweeter than sugar, those who don’t like sweets may find Liquid I.V. too sweet, but you can always mix these packets with more water to dilute the taste. (9)

What To Consider Before Buying Liquid I.V.
Aside from the benefits of staying hydrated and replenishing your body from the electrolytes lost while sweating, you should still consider a few factors before committing to purchasing Liquid I.V.

Price
While the overall prices for Liquid I.V. are pretty competitive compared to the rest of the market, you should still weigh your purchasing options carefully. A 10-pack from your local grocery store will cost you around $20, meaning each packet is $2, while the 16, 32, 48, and 64-pack options are roughly $1.50. In our opinion, buying in bulk and subscribing to a monthly restock is hands down the way to go, as each packet will drop to around $1.20, making it cheaper than your standard sports drink.

Taste
Finding a product that your taste buds enjoy is crucial to buying any supplement. Since not everyone wants the same flavor, Liquid I.V. crafted 12 different flavors: Strawberry Lemonade, Seabearry, Tropical Punch, Pina Colada, Grape, Golden Cherry, Acai Berry, Guava, Lemon Lime, Passion Fruit, Strawberry, and Watermelon. Plus, you can snag a variety pack if you aren’t sold on any one flavor yet. During testing, we found that the taste across the board was excellent — the fruit taste was at the forefront without being overly sweet, with just a bit of saltiness.

Sodium and Sugar Content
The sodium and sugar content may be the most important aspect of deciding whether or not you want to purchase Liquid I.V.’s Hydration Multiplier. The sugar and sodium in one serving account for 22 percent of your recommended daily value. This is a lot in one drink, so if you’re trying to limit one or both of these ingredients daily, you might want to consider other options.

Packaging
Liquid I.V. comes in single-serving packets versus the tub that most supplements come in. Since you can conveniently toss these small packets in a gym bag, it’s much easier to take these to the gym for some quick rehydration after a workout. But they do create more waste, since each packet is another piece of garbage that you have to throw away. Tubs, while less handy to carry around with you, create less waste when you’re done with them. If minimizing environmental waste is a priority for you, you may want to consider other options.

Final Word
Hydration is vital to living a healthy life, as it helps keep your joints lubricated and improves sleep quality and cognition. (10) Drinking enough water on a daily basis is a good start, but active people need to be sure that they’re also getting enough electrolytes to actually replenish what they lose while sweating. Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier is perfect for taking after a long workout, a hot day in the sun, or a night out on the town, and the packets are ideal for those who are constantly on the go.

The blend of electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals can help support proper hydration and overall wellness. 12 flavors mean there is an increased chance that you’ll find one you enjoy, or you can go for the variety pack. And with multiple bulk buying options, they’re pretty cheap, considering the product’s effectiveness. Just remember, the high sodium and sugar levels may not be ideal for those looking to limit their daily intake of those specific ingredients. Ultimately, Liquid I.V. is an excellent choice for those searching for an affordable electrolyte supplement (especially if you subscribe) that is highly portable and can assist in proper hydration.

FAQs
How much does Liquid I.V. cost?The price for this product depends on how many packets you want to purchase. Purchasing an eight-pack on Amazon or a 10-pack at your local grocery store will have each packet costing around $2. However, if you purchase one of the bulk options on the Liquid I.V. website, that price will drop to around $1.50 per packet, and if you subscribe, it drops to around $1.20 per serving.

How much sodium is in Liquid I.V.?Each individual serving contains 510mg of sodium, which is 22 percent of the recommended daily value. While this is beneficial for when you’re sweating like a pig after a workout, it’s not necessarily ideal for everyday usage, and those who want to limit their sodium may want to steer clear of this product.

What flavors does Liquid I.V. come in?Liquid I.V. offers its hydration supplement in 12 flavors: Strawberry Lemonade, Seabearry, Tropical Punch, Pina Colada, Grape, Golden Cherry, Acai Berry, Guava, Lemon Lime, Passion Fruit, Strawberry, and Watermelon.

References

[*]Veniamakis, Eleftherios et al. “Effects of Sodium Intake on Health and Performance in Endurance and Ultra-Endurance Sports.” International journal of environmental research and public health vol. 19,6 3651. 19 Mar. 2022, doi:10.3390/ijerph19063651
[*]Hunter, Robert W et al. “The impact of excessive salt intake on human health.” Nature reviews. Nephrology vol. 18,5 (2022): 321-335. doi:10.1038/s41581-021-00533-0
[*]Razzaque, Mohammed S. “Magnesium: Are We Consuming Enough?.” Nutrients vol. 10,12 1863. 2 Dec. 2018, doi:10.3390/nu10121863
[*]Nakrani, Mihir N., et al. “Physiology, Glucose Metabolism.” StatPearls, StatPearls Publishing, 25 July 2022.
[*]Hamoud S, Kaplan M, Meilin E, Hassan A, Torgovicky R, Cohen R, Hayek T. Niacin administration significantly reduces oxidative stress in patients with hypercholesterolemia and low levels of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol. Am J Med Sci. 2013 Mar;345(3):195-9. doi: 10.1097/MAJ.0b013e3182548c28. PMID: 22990043.
[*]“Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid).” Mount Sinai Health System, www.mountsinai.org/health-library/supplement/vitamin-b5-pantothenic-acid#:~:text=In%20addition%20to%20playing%20a,that%20sit%20atop%20the%20kidneys.
[*]Coolicc. “TOP7 Benefits of Vitamin B6.” Cleveland Clinic, 19 May 2023, health.clevelandclinic.org/vitamin-b6/. Accessed 15 June 2023.
[*]“Office of Dietary Supplements – Vitamin B12.” NIH Office of Dietary Supplements, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminB12-Consumer/#:~:text=Vitamin%20B12%20is%20a%20nutrient,makes%20people%20tired%20and%20weak.
[*]Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition. “Aspartame and Other Sweeteners in Food.” U.S. Food and Drug Administration, FDA, www.fda.gov/food/food-additives-petitions/aspartame-and-other-sweeteners-food#:~:text=Steviol%20glycosides%20are%20natural%20constituents,times%20sweeter%20than%20table%20sugar.
[*]“The Importance of Hydration.” News, 22 June 2018, www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/the-importance-of-hydration/#:~:text=Drinking%20enough%20water%20each%20day,quality%2C%20cognition%2C%20and%20mood.

Click here to view the article.

Back