Mubarak's Calf Training

Ox 51

Musclechemistry Guru
CALF WRANGLING

mubark_lg.jpg

Fakhri Mubarak shares his calf training secrets

March 2, 2010
FLEXONLINE.COM

Since he burst onto the scene by winning the light-heavy class at the 2005 USA, New Yorker Fakhri Mubarak has had two of the best calves in bodybuilding. He’s only competed twice in the pros, but his lower legs get noticed on any stage. He last flexed them on his way to a sixth place finish in the 202 division of the 2009 New York Pro. Mubarak shares with us the finer points of his calf expanding philosophy.

MUBARAK TALKS CALVES

• I train calves twice per week on days I don’t train quadriceps or hamstrings. I like to break up my legs to focus on the different areas.

• Some people like high reps, some low reps, I like that middle-to-high range. I think 15-20 per set is the sweet spot for calves.

• Get some variety. Don’t just do the same two exercises in the same order every workout. I like to do three exercises, and I switch them up and change the order.

• Stretching is crucial. Do it before, during and after training calves.

<TABLE style="COLOR: #000000" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="50%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND: #b10b1c; FONT-WEIGHT: bold" colSpan=4 align=middle>MUBARAK’S CALF ROUTINE

</TD></TR><TR style="BACKGROUND: #000000; COLOR: #ffffff; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid">EXERCISE </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid" align=middle>SETS </TD><TD align=middle>REPS </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid">Standing calf raises </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid" align=middle>4 </TD><TD align=middle>15-20 </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid">Seated calf raises </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid" align=middle>4 </TD><TD align=middle>15-20 </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid">Calf presses </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid" align=middle>4 </TD><TD align=middle>15-20 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

All inside head. Mine have the same problem

its so weird how were all so different when it comes to calf development, as im all out calf with out striations and not much beef on the inner calf, i guess the grass always seems greener on the other side

Yea calves are the one muscle that I believe you are least able to build if you don't have great calves genetically. My evidence is pros with great builds all over except their calves.

My calves don't grow, no matter what. I mean fuck my left one is a lot bigger than my right, but I'm slowly working the right one up. But I will never have impressive calves. I hate how it's one of the biggest muscles that genetics play a huge factor in. I do a ton of walking for work, up and down stairs/steps all day and my calves still aren't impressive, but I've learned to deal with it

Back