Nick Walker’s Full Day of Eating Less Than One Month From the 2023 Mr. Olympia

Muscle Insider

Managing calorie intake while prepping for a bodybuilding show demands precision. Eating a high-calorie diet too close to a contest can deprive an athlete of the desirable stage-worthy conditioning on stage. On the flip side, staying in a steep calorie deficit for too long can compromise muscle fullness, leading to a flat appearance. Pro bodybuilders often incorporate a...
The post Nick Walker’s Full Day of Eating Less Than One Month From the 2023 Mr. Olympia appeared first on BarBend.

Managing calorie intake while prepping for a bodybuilding show demands precision. Eating a high-calorie diet too close to a contest can deprive an athlete of the desirable stage-worthy conditioning on stage. On the flip side, staying in a steep calorie deficit for too long can compromise muscle fullness, leading to a flat appearance.

Pro bodybuilders often incorporate a high-calorie refeed into the cutting phase to replenish glycogen stores. On Oct. 15, 2023, the 2022 Mr. Olympia bronze medalist Nick Walker published a video on his YouTube channel wherein he shared his high-calorie refeed day three and a half weeks out of the 2023 Olympia. Check it out below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8UWFwT8WNk&ab_channel=NickWalkerVideo can’t be loaded because JavaScript is disabled: Nick Walker | Full Day of Eating | Mutant x HD Muscle line | Date Night At 3.5 weeks out (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8UWFwT8WNk&ab_channel=NickWalker)

[Related: IFBB Pro League Announces 2024 Olympia Qualification Rules]

Nick Walker’s 2023 Olympia Full-Day of Eating (Refeed Day)
On the day of recording, Walker’s body weight dropped by three pounds overnight, owing to his rigorous calorie cut. Walker weighed 268 pounds during his check-in with coach Matt Jansen, who allowed him a high-calorie refeed day and a cheat meal for dinner to assess how his body responds to the additional calories.

“The Mutant” ate five meals in his high-calorie refeed day.

Meal One
  • Ground beef
  • Jasmine rice
  • Banana
  • Almond butter
Walker mixed the ground beef, jasmine rice, banana, and almond butter in a bowl. He consumed a handful of pills from HD Muscle (his sponsor) to meet his daily micronutrient goals.

I am truly confident I’m going to win the Mr. Olympia this year.
Walker remarked that his muscle conditioning at the three-week mark in this prep is close to what he looked like a week before the 2022 Olympia. The additional prep time should enable him to bring his best package yet to the 2023 Olympia.

Meal Two
  • Chicken breast
  • Sushi rice
  • Avocado
  • Pineapple — 100 grams
Walker ate his pre-workout meal an hour before hitting the gym.

I’m really confident. I made the improvements I needed to make to be a [Mr. Olympia] champion.
[Related: 2023 Mr. Olympia Preview]

Meal Three
  • Chicken breast
  • Sushi rice
  • Banana
  • Almond Butter
Walker’s post-workout meal was a mix of the first two. Walker revealed that he lowered his cardio volume because of his significant weight drop.

Meal Four
  • Ground turkey
  • Sushi rice
“Everyone sees Derek, Hadi, Samson [winning the Mr. Olympia]. These guys look phenomenal; I’m not even going to deny it,” said Walker. “But you all know what The Mutant does. The Mutant comes through and shocks the world every time he steps on the stage, and this year won’t be any different.”

Meal Five
  • Pizza bread
  • Caesar salad
  • Steak
  • Mashed potato
  • Onions
  • Mushrooms
  • Truffle fries
  • Carrot cake
Walker concluded his high-calorie refeed day with a romantic dinner alongside his partner, Maria Carvajal, at Barry’s Downtown Prime in Las Vegas, NV.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Nick "the Mutant" Walker (@nick_walker39)

[/quote]

Walker is set to compete at the 2023 Olympia, scheduled for Nov. 2-5 in Orlando, FL. Although Walker is certain he’ll become the 18th bodybuilder to hoist the Sandow Trophy, the reigning Mr. Olympia Hadi Choopan, Derek Lunsford, Samson Dauda, and 2019 Mr. Olympia Brandon Curry have plans of their own.

Featured image: @nick_walker39 on Instagram

The post Nick Walker’s Full Day of Eating Less Than One Month From the 2023 Mr. Olympia appeared first on BarBend.

Click here to view the article.

Back