NukNuk's post-nationals thread...

nuknuk

MuscleChemistry member
Ok, Well Im back home now. So I just wanted to give you guys a run down of what all went down and my thoughts for the weekend.

Pre-show: I was feeling good about how I was looking, I did get the runs for some reason, so every time I drinked anything I would just blow it out my ass, lol. This started wednesday and lasted till friday. So with this it was pulling my water out, which was ok, but was keeping me from staying full, and I was starting to flaten out some. But it wasnt to bad, just messed up the carbing up plan for the show to be at my fullest.

Pre-judge: Was still feeling good about how I looked, tan was looking good and backstage was well runned. During pumping up I could tell I was flat a little but not to bad, legs was the worst part that was flatting out. I did not feel that I didnt belong with the "big" name guys in my class, actually knew that I was better and bigger than some that have even placed in the top 5 at other nationals show. So I was ready to go.

On Stage at pre- judge: The first 30-45 sec. routine I felt I was being rushed and didnt get to pose well. I wasnt ready for that. In the first comparsions I was next to the guy who won the class, I felt I held my own quite well. My rear lat spread was money. So then came call outs. This stung a little seeing guys in the first call out that was not first call out looking, and the second call out I could see how this show was going. It was a name game. I got third call out and placed 15th. So atleast I placed. lol But I know good and damn well I was overlooked and was better than some that placed better than me. But it is over with now. And congrats to Justin Compton he deserved the win.

After pre-judge: Hanged out for a while, then went and took a shower, and headed to the cheese cake factory. Killed some cheese cake and Ice cream. Made me feel alot better.

Night show: I went to the show just to watch and work a booth some. Had a blast meeting and greeting people. Saw alot of people I knew that came up to the show. Will say this about the SHW class. Brain Yersky did not deserve the win in his class nor the overall. The HW should have won the overall.

Sunday: I did the photo shoot, which I really enjoyed and got to wear my muscle chemistry clothes for. It lasted over an hour so, it was a great thing. Then afterwards we all went out to eat with my trainer and killed some sushi.

Thanks You, Muscle Chemistry, RXWhey.com, Training Never Stops.

So now everybody wants to know whats next? I honestly have no idea.

Please feel free to ask anything and I will answer the best I can.View attachment 12729View attachment 12730View attachment 12731View attachment 12732View attachment 12733

Last edited:
I hate to hear things went down like that. When things like that happen there's nothing you can do but roll with it and it sounds like that's exactly what you did. You should be extremely proud of your showing and your accomplishments. I have no doubts that you'll acheive your goals! Congrats again, and keep your head up we're all very proud of you!

well last year compton got 13th i think and then bam. he wins and people act like he came out of nowhere.

and i agree with the name thing i think if they see you over and over you get bumped up... like one guy in the heavyweights who has competed at every show and manages top 5???

well last year compton got 13th i think and then bam. he wins and people act like he came out of nowhere.

and i agree with the name thing i think if they see you over and over you get bumped up... like one guy in the heavyweights who has competed at every show and manages top 5???

I agree.

Bro I would be ecstatic if I were you. Yeah you got screwed, but you've made tremendous improvements and I don't doubt you can keep it going. I honestly hope you continue. I'd love to see what you're capable of

keep training, stay focused on things we've talked about, forget the name game. I told you that on the phone, told you that going in, and its a business too, dont forget that. Many in the NPC tied to many other things. DO THINGS FOR YOU...if it makes you happy then you should stay at it. I believe you have a future, so suck it up and lets go

Ok, Well Im back home now. So I just wanted to give you guys a run down of what all went down and my thoughts for the weekend.

Pre-show: I was feeling good about how I was looking, I did get the runs for some reason, so every time I drinked anything I would just blow it out my ass, lol. This started wednesday and lasted till friday. So with this it was pulling my water out, which was ok, but was keeping me from staying full, and I was starting to flaten out some. But it wasnt to bad, just messed up the carbing up plan for the show to be at my fullest.

Pre-judge: Was still feeling good about how I looked, tan was looking good and backstage was well runned. During pumping up I could tell I was flat a little but not to bad, legs was the worst part that was flatting out. I did not feel that I didnt belong with the "big" name guys in my class, actually knew that I was better and bigger than some that have even placed in the top 5 at other nationals show. So I was ready to go.

On Stage at pre- judge: The first 30-45 sec. routine I felt I was being rushed and didnt get to pose well. I wasnt ready for that. In the first comparsions I was next to the guy who won the class, I felt I held my own quite well. My rear lat spread was money. So then came call outs. This stung a little seeing guys in the first call out that was not first call out looking, and the second call out I could see how this show was going. It was a name game. I got third call out and placed 15th. So atleast I placed. lol But I know good and damn well I was overlooked and was better than some that placed better than me. But it is over with now. And congrats to Justin Compton he deserved the win.

After pre-judge: Hanged out for a while, then went and took a shower, and headed to the cheese cake factory. Killed some cheese cake and Ice cream. Made me feel alot better.

Night show: I went to the show just to watch and work a booth some. Had a blast meeting and greeting people. Saw alot of people I knew that came up to the show. Will say this about the SHW class. Brain Yersky did not deserve the win in his class nor the overall. The HW should have won the overall.

Sunday: I did the photo shoot, which I really enjoyed and got to wear my muscle chemistry clothes for. It lasted over an hour so, it was a great thing. Then afterwards we all went out to eat with my trainer and killed some sushi.

Thanks You, Muscle Chemistry, RXWhey.com, Training Never Stops.

So now everybody wants to know whats next? I honestly have no idea.

Please feel free to ask anything and I will answer the best I can.View attachment 12729View attachment 12730View attachment 12731View attachment 12732View attachment 12733

All things considered I think you did well brutha and looked great!

Nuk. As I've said on here before I'm a novice and dont know a lot about the contest and shows. So, this may be stupid question and comments. You were at 218 this at nat and you were at same wt the previous show. Correct? If so why? You looked "to me" better at 222. Do you have to come in below 220? Again I'm complete dumb ass when it comes to the part of completion. So excuse me for my stupidity. Also. Thought you looked great. Hope you continue

- - - Updated - - -

I can't fucking spell either. Competition. Not completion. Lmao

I'd just be happy to not just do a show but to hopefully do a show without a raging boner backstage with the women competitors around.

Nuk. As I've said on here before I'm a novice and dont know a lot about the contest and shows. So, this may be stupid question and comments. You were at 218 this at nat and you were at same wt the previous show. Correct? If so why? You looked "to me" better at 222. Do you have to come in below 220? Again I'm complete dumb ass when it comes to the part of completion. So excuse me for my stupidity. Also. Thought you looked great. Hope you continue

- - - Updated - - -

I can't fucking spell either. Competition. Not completion. Lmao

What I weigh really isnt the issue, its all about the look. At jr usa's I weighed in at 222lbs, for nationals I was lighter but even bigger, harder, and better conditioned. I just aim for the look I know it takes. So if I got to get below 220, then so be it. I was actually 216lbs on stage at pre-judge.

Gotcha. You did look huge as hell And a lot harder than your jr USA. Good luck, I believe youll get the pro card. Your appear to have the generics just need a ill more time.

Gotcha. You did look huge as hell And a lot harder than your jr USA. Good luck, I believe youll get the pro card. Your appear to have the generics just need a ill more time.

Thanks, yeah everything just takes some time to pull it all together.

Congrats big guy, there's nothing you can do about what happened, but it is self reassuring when you know you looked great and better than others who placed ahead of you. This always made me want to keep going, especially if it truly is a name game which the NPC is very well known for

My two cents on the name game. Worry about what you can CONTROL. If you can control it then get after it. You may need start a how to BB you tube channel. Call it BOWED UP AS FUCK LIKE NUK

Im no judge nor have I ever competed. Ive WATCHED and read for 20 years though. I lloked at your pics and other on MD. You looked great and nobody can take that accomplishment away. I still feel that you need to bring up your legs as a whole. Some shots they look good, other shots they could be much fuller, esp hamstrings or width, not sure Im being articulate. I think legs are one of those parts that judges "Just want to see you have great wheels", then the game comes down to everything else which seems to be the back lately. Look at Dorian, he never had good leg seperation or wheels worth noting. His legs were big and matched the size of his upper body. Plenty of other pros had MUCH better looking legs but I still beleive that they just want to see you have them match the top, then your judged. Maybe Im wrong and probably am. I did look at the other guys and think you should have placed higgher, not to mention you have that "Look". You have the jaw line and great fucking hair (pisses me off, lol).
Again, I hope you dont take this reply poorly, you looked awesome and better than I ever will. Hope you continue to make progress.

Im no judge nor have I ever competed. Ive WATCHED and read for 20 years though. I lloked at your pics and other on MD. You looked great and nobody can take that accomplishment away. I still feel that you need to bring up your legs as a whole. Some shots they look good, other shots they could be much fuller, esp hamstrings or width, not sure Im being articulate. I think legs are one of those parts that judges "Just want to see you have great wheels", then the game comes down to everything else which seems to be the back lately. Look at Dorian, he never had good leg seperation or wheels worth noting. His legs were big and matched the size of his upper body. Plenty of other pros had MUCH better looking legs but I still beleive that they just want to see you have them match the top, then your judged. Maybe Im wrong and probably am. I did look at the other guys and think you should have placed higgher, not to mention you have that "Look". You have the jaw line and great fucking hair (pisses me off, lol).
Again, I hope you dont take this reply poorly, you looked awesome and better than I ever will. Hope you continue to make progress.

Thanks for this post, this is the kind of feedback I like. And I agree with the legs. I gotta keep bringing them up. With that being said I dont feel like I didnt belong up there on a national stage, so one more good off season and with placing 2nd at Jr. USA's and 15th at Nationals this year, I feel I have "payed the dues" so to speak, and will get my fair look next time. Just gotta keep at it and get a solid off season prep going, and stick with it every single day. I know I was better than what I placed and I know I will only get better with time. The guy that won my class<Justin Compton> placed 13th last year and then came back and won this year.

Back