Oatmeal for breakfast just ain't cutting it !

muchachomalo

Don't get me wrong I love what oatmeal stands for, but I'm shooting for 75g of complex carbs/low sugar + 60g of protein for breakfast, and with oatmeal that equates to a big ass bowl !

It literally takes me about 45-60 min to put down that much oatmeal. :cry:

Any one have other sugestions on something that doesn't leave you so freakin stuffed ???

Yea, use less oatmeal and get the extra carbs from somewhere else. ex: honey on oatmeal or put fruit in your oatmeal.

i put honey and i drink mine. i cover it with hot water until is swishes around in the bowl, pour it in a cup and take a big sip then put some water from the sink in the cup so its runny again and sip, repeat until gone.

I put honey and some cinnamon on my oatmeal, maybe I will add some protien powder to it as well. They make one oatmeal that has rye barley oats and wheat in it thats my favorite one to get but I dont always go to Publix which has it, walmart (the corporation leading us under Chinese rule lol) doesnt have it

i put honey and i drink mine. i cover it with hot water until is swishes around in the bowl, pour it in a cup and take a big sip then put some water from the sink in the cup so its runny again and sip, repeat until gone.

I might have to try this. I just cannot get myself to eat oatmeal. I keep trying it, all the different flavors, but I just cannot get it down.

How many packs can you get down this way, Metal?

I might have to try this. I just cannot get myself to eat oatmeal. I keep trying it, all the different flavors, but I just cannot get it down.

I dont do the packs I get the cannisters, but it would be the equivalent to 3-4 packs

If I may jump in here.

I find myself at times here and there choking just trying to get the oats down, like the OP stated, he loves what the oats stand for, and I too. A staple in my daily AM food intake.

I do a few things here and these seem to have really made a huge impact on my intake and volume of consumption, with-out losing.

1st)
I blend my oats into a fine pure powder, and add to my shakes, or just make my own shake and add blue-berries, straws, banana ext. You can get creative and really doll up your shake as we all know this. The blended powder that I make, I am able to chug it down and even add more, with less bloat and full feeling, and still be able to add some other stuff, like a grapefruit or eggs.

2nd)
I use the oatmeal packets on the go, I open them, dump in mouth, then wash down with water. It's fast, simple and not as harsh as it sounds. No prep, cooking, or time wasted. I even do so on the drive to/from work sites.

I hope this helps.

i can get about 1.5 cups dry or more this way, then i drink 15 egg whites

Damn I feel like an oatmeal rookie lol...Thanks to everyone's options, maybe I can try rotating some of them.

As for my favorite options...Mr Bigz blender option definitely possible w/ the ninja blender we have now !!, and Eat'n Big's 1st of 2 options !! Option number 2 is fuckin hilarious...I can picture you w/ your head leaned back just dumpin away :laugh:

Damn I feel like an oatmeal rookie lol...Thanks to everyone's options, maybe I can try rotating some of them.

As for my favorite options...Mr Bigz blender option definitely possible w/ the ninja blender we have now !!, and Eat'n Big's 1st of 2 options !! Option number 2 is fuckin hilarious...I can picture you w/ your head leaned back just dumpin away :laugh:
I'm glad I was able to add to some of the great ideas here.
The blending to a fine powder is great, and you can even bring it anywhere you go and mix away, can be a bit grainy,but a lil shake'a Roony and your golden.

My 2nd option, is a bit comical. An other member here seen me do it the other day at work, and he almost puked just watching me, till I forced him to try it, and he agreed that it's not half bad once you get past the gag reflex. :thumbsup:

I'm glad I was able to add to some of the great ideas here.
The blending to a fine powder is great, and you can even bring it anywhere you go and mix away, can be a bit grainy,but a lil shake'a Roony and your golden.

My 2nd option, is a bit comical. An other member here seen me do it the other day at work, and he almost puked just watching me, till I forced him to try it, and he agreed that it's not half bad once you get past the gag reflex. :thumbsup:

forced him to try it !? Get over here you lil pencil neck..open your mouth ! I said open your mouth !! :laugh:

forced him to try it !? Get over here you lil pencil neck..open your mouth ! I said open your mouth !! :laugh:
( Laughing hard ):satan:

He's a big boy so no pencil neck, more like brick neck. lol

I made him laugh tho, told him that's its all how you open your mouth,loosen the throat muscles, and wrap the lips on the package. He took it like a champ I must say!

Don't feel bad bro, that's why this is a great place to be, there's always something to learn

Back