Rashes and shaving?...

homonunculus

This one is for the ladies, too, although I have the suspicion being a guy makes a difference.

Anyone have a problem with rashes from shaving the body?...

What products - cream, shaver / blade, moisturizer, etc. have you used to prevent / treat this?...

ANy other strategies?...

-Randy

I shave my arms with a razor. I always take a shower first to soften my skin and open my pores, then shave them immediatly after in the steamy bathroom. If there's room, shaving while in the shower is best IMO. For my chest and where the sun don't shine I use a buzzer because my skin is too sensitive there...

Can't say I feel ya on this one but make sure you are using a fresh blade each time you shave. Dull blades can cause tiny knicks in the skin which can lead to a rash.
I don't have sensitive or dry skin but I still use a moisturizing shave gel and after-shave lotion.
My BF uses some kind of 100% cocoa butter stuff & he's never had a rash (that I know of).

I use a gel rather than a cream for best results. I use the Mach 3 from Gillette. That's a damn fine razor.

I also have a Norelco. I don't like to use this on my face because it leaves my neck all red. I use the norelco for my chest.

I'll use a beard trimmer a few months out from a competition and start using a razor at about 2 weeks out.

Chuck

I get waxed about every 6 weeks...back, stomach, upper arms. After waxing or shaving get someone to wipe you down with alcohol or peroxide. I do this after waxing everytime-it helps alot. For some reason occasionally I would get acne in some areas (never had an acne problem before) and rashes...if this happens fill the tub (or better yet use a jaccuzi) with 100 degree water, add 3 quarts of 3% H202 and soak for 30 minutes. gives ya Super clean skin and a clean tub to boot!

My friend swears by this stuff called "Bikini Zone". Its made for women but he says it works great on areas like the neck and arms....places that get razor burn often.

Its about $7-8 per tube and lasts quite a while.

Back