Renowned Bodybuilder Eddie Giuliani Dies At 87 Years Old

Muscle Insider

Legendary bodybuilder Eddie Giuliani died at the age of 87. Giuliani was a mainstay in the bodybuilding community for decades. On May 3rd, 2022, the sad news came when Joe Wheatley posted a touching message about Giuliani on his Facebook page. With Eddie Giuliani’s death, we wanted to celebrate his life of accomplishments in this post.

Former Bodybuilding Champion Eddie Giuliani Dies At 87 Years Old

Eddie Giuliani was originally from Brooklyn, New York, but spent much of his life out on the west coast in California. Giuliani’s bodybuilding career stretched across the multiple decades, with his first contest in 1951 and his last in 1982. At the time of this article, there hasn’t been a cause of death released.
Giuliani won several big shows throughout his career, and in 2012 he was inducted into the Muscle Beach Hall of Fame by none other than Oscar-winning Al Pacino. Everyone in the bodybuilding world respected Giuliani as one of the greats.
Giuliani had deep roots in the bodybuilding community; his circle of friends included Joe Wheatley, Joe Weider, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Franco Colombo.
The sadness in the loss of Giuliani was reflected across the Internet with the outpouring of heartfelt messages.
Arnold posted a picture of himself and Eddie with a caption that read, “Eddie Giuliani was one of my favorite training partners - so knowledgeable about training and hilarious and kind. I loved watching him become a successful trainer and inspiring others. I’ll miss Eddie, but I’m so grateful he was part of my life, and he’ll always be here with me.”

Eddie Giuliani’s Bodybuilding Career
Eddie Giuliani competed in 35 bodybuilding contests throughout his career that spanned over 30 years. Standing at 5’6”, Giuliani often competed in the Short class.
His first contest was at the age of 16 at the 1951 Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) Mr. New York Metropolitan, where he placed 8th. His last appearance on stage was at the 1982 National Amateur Body-Builders’ Association (NABBA) Mr. Universe, where he placed 5th in his height division. Below are Eddie Giuliani’s most significant wins of his storied bodybuilding career.

1975 IFBB Mr. World: 1st place | Short
1974 IFBB Mr. Western America: Overall winner -1st place | Short
1974 IFBB Mr. America: 1st place | Short
1968 IFBB Junior Mr. America: 1st place | Short
1965 IFBB Mr. Northeastern States: Overall winner -1st place | Short
1958 AAU Mr. New York Metropolitan: 1st place

CLOSING THOUGHTS
SET FOR SET sends its condolences to Eddie Giuliani’s family and friends. Giuliani’s passing is a big blow to the bodybuilding world, his contributions to it will never be forgotten. RIP Eddie Giuliani.

Legendary bodybuilder Eddie Giuliani died at the age of 87. Giuliani was a mainstay in the bodybuilding community for decades. On May 3rd, 2022, the sad news came when Joe Wheatley posted a touching message about Giuliani on his Facebook page. With Eddie Giuliani’s death, we wanted to celebrate his life of accomplishments in this post.

Former Bodybuilding Champion Eddie Giuliani Dies At 87 Years Old

Eddie Giuliani was originally from Brooklyn, New York, but spent much of his life out on the west coast in California. Giuliani’s bodybuilding career stretched across the multiple decades, with his first contest in 1951 and his last in 1982. At the time of this article, there hasn’t been a cause of death released.

Giuliani won several big shows throughout his career, and in 2012 he was inducted into the Muscle Beach Hall of Fame by none other than Oscar-winning Al Pacino. Everyone in the bodybuilding world respected Giuliani as one of the greats.

Giuliani had deep roots in the bodybuilding community; his circle of friends included Joe Wheatley, Joe Weider, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Franco Colombo.

The sadness in the loss of Giuliani was reflected across the Internet with the outpouring of heartfelt messages.

Arnold posted a picture of himself and Eddie with a caption that read, “Eddie Giuliani was one of my favorite training partners - so knowledgeable about training and hilarious and kind. I loved watching him become a successful trainer and inspiring others. I’ll miss Eddie, but I’m so grateful he was part of my life, and he’ll always be here with me.”

[/quote]

Eddie Giuliani’s Bodybuilding Career
Eddie Giuliani competed in 35 bodybuilding contests throughout his career that spanned over 30 years. Standing at 5’6”, Giuliani often competed in the Short class.

His first contest was at the age of 16 at the 1951 Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) Mr. New York Metropolitan, where he placed 8th. His last appearance on stage was at the 1982 National Amateur Body-Builders’ Association (NABBA) Mr. Universe, where he placed 5th in his height division. Below are Eddie Giuliani’s most significant wins of his storied bodybuilding career.

• 1975 IFBB Mr. World: 1st place | Short
  • 1974 IFBB Mr. Western America: Overall winner -1st place | Short
  • 1974 IFBB Mr. America: 1st place | Short
  • 1968 IFBB Junior Mr. America: 1st place | Short
  • 1965 IFBB Mr. Northeastern States: Overall winner -1st place | Short
  • 1958 AAU Mr. New York Metropolitan: 1st place
download_1_480x480.jpg

CLOSING THOUGHTS

SET FOR SET sends its condolences to Eddie Giuliani’s family and friends. Giuliani’s passing is a big blow to the bodybuilding world, his contributions to it will never be forgotten. RIP Eddie Giuliani.

Click here to view the article.

Back