Samson Dauda Says His “Body is Failing” After 2024 Arnold Classic

Muscle Insider

2023 Arnold Classic champion Samson Dauda took to his Instagram page on March 6, 2024, to update his followers on his condition following his second-place finish to Hadi Choopan at the 2024 Arnold Classic in Columbus, OH. Dauda recapped his thoughts on the showdown in Columbus, acknowledging that Choopan had the sharper physique, saying, “I concede that, and I shook his hand...
The post Samson Dauda Says His “Body is Failing” After 2024 Arnold Classic appeared first on BarBend.

2023 Arnold Classic champion Samson Dauda took to his Instagram page on March 6, 2024, to update his followers on his condition following his second-place finish to Hadi Choopan at the 2024 Arnold Classic in Columbus, OH. Dauda recapped his thoughts on the showdown in Columbus, acknowledging that Choopan had the sharper physique, saying, “I concede that, and I shook his hand and said, ‘brother, you won that.’”

Dauda also received the Ed Corney Award for the best poser and the $10,000 that came with it. Dauda confirmed he returned to the UK on his Instagram stories but was not feeling well.

It has definitely been a struggle, and I’ve been absolutely ill since the show.

[/quote]

Dauda revealed that he felt uncomfortable and intended to seek medical help. “I have to take myself to the hospital to get checked out,” said Dauda.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Mitchell Gilbert (@gilcoproductions)

[/quote]

[Related: Jeff Nippard Uses Science to Analyze Sam Sulek’s Training]

I’m trying to push through, but my body’s failing.

[/quote]

Dauda continued, saying that his hospital visit would determine his final status for the 2024 Arnold Classic UK contest, slated for March 15-17, 2024, in Birmingham, England.

“Given what happens to me in the next few days after we get checked out in the hospital and what happens with the results, it will determine if I will do the Arnold Classic UK,” expressed Dauda.

Dauda had a busy late 2023-early 2024 season on the competition circuit. Less than three months after finishing sixth at the 2022 Mr. Olympia, Dauda went on to Columbus and won 2023 Arnold Classic.

Dauda then competed at the 2023 Mr. Olympia to a bronze finish behind champion Derek Lunsford and runner-up Choopan. Dauda followed that up shortly thereafter with IFBB pro show wins at the 2023 Romania Muscle Fest Pro and 2023 Prague Pro.

That left Dauda with approximately four months between Prague and the 2024 Arnold Classic. In between rounds of competition in Columbus, Dauda was involved in meet and greets with fans and his sponsors at the Arnold Expo. He expressed that his immune system was more at risk in that environment at such a low body fat percentage that the elite stage demands.

BarBend will continue to provide updates to this story as it develops.

Featured Image: @samson_dauda and @gilproductions on Instagram

The post Samson Dauda Says His “Body is Failing” After 2024 Arnold Classic appeared first on BarBend.

Click here to view the article.

Back