Samson Dauda’s Adjusted Leg Training 12 Weeks Out From the 2024 Arnold Classic

Muscle Insider

After winning the bronze medal at the 2023 Mr. Olympia and attacking a robust rebound diet, Men’s Open bodybuilder Samson Dauda is preparing to defend his title at the 2024 Arnold Classic. On Dec. 12, 2023, Dauda showed off his leg training with the Arnold Classic a mere three months away. Dauda’s Leg Training Watch Dauda’s workout below, followed by a detailed breakdown of...
The post Samson Dauda’s Adjusted Leg Training 12 Weeks Out From the 2024 Arnold Classic appeared first on BarBend.

After winning the bronze medal at the 2023 Mr. Olympia and attacking a robust rebound diet, Men’s Open bodybuilder Samson Dauda is preparing to defend his title at the 2024 Arnold Classic. On Dec. 12, 2023, Dauda showed off his leg training with the Arnold Classic a mere three months away.

Dauda’s Leg Training

Watch Dauda’s workout below, followed by a detailed breakdown of each exercise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t06uNWMgD8Q&ab_channel=SAMSONDAUDAVideo can’t be loaded because JavaScript is disabled: Arnold 2024 series | Legs training 12 weeks out | Samson Dauda (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t06uNWMgD8Q&ab_channel=SAMSONDAUDA)

[Related: Discover 7-Time Figure Olympia Champion Cydney Gillon’s Ice Cream Recipe]

Hamstring Curls

Dauda begins his leg training with a hamstring superset comprised of single-leg curls followed by lying leg curls. The unilateral variation is the majority of the superset, loading as much weight as possible.

Dauda incorporates lighter weight for the lying leg curls to prioritize peak contraction in the fully shortened position. He performed 12 repetitions per leg before slowing down for an additional nine slow reps. Dauda typically considers the first two sets as his warm-up, waking up the joints.

When I start feeling the burn and the pain, that’s when I start counting my sets.

[/quote]

[Related: 2024 IFBB Pro League Schedule Revealed]

Hack Squats & Leg Extensions

Dauda’s next superset targets his quadriceps and leans into his joy of training with intensity and explosiveness.

I want to be breathing hard. I want the cardio…that feeling of ‘I’m gonna die’ in the middle of a set like I’m playing rugby.

[/quote]

Training with lighter weight and less rest between sets allows Dauda to achieve his desired intensity without fear of injury. is a safe, injury-free way to train, as he goes heavy on the first exercise and allows that intensity to continue into the second movement at a lighter weight with higher contraction.

Dauda-2.jpg
Image via @samson__dauda on Instagram | art by @ekddesigner on Instagram

Dauda gritted through his hack squats. His only rest was his walk to the leg extension machine, upon which he banged out leg extensions to failure.

Machine Hip Abductions

Dauda closes his workout on the abductor machine. He externally rotated to engage his glutes. Although a benefit of supersets is efficiency, minimizing total time in the gym is a goal of Dauda:

I want to come in the gym, hit it hard, hit it fast, and get out. Maximize that time and the growth you can make. Then go home and start recovery.

[/quote]

[Related: Try These 6 Unique Bodybuilding Arm Exercises to Spark New Muscle Growth]

Samson Dauda’s Muscle Growth Tips

Dauda suggested that to grow high-quality muscle, one needs a solid diet and sufficient rest. He trains extremely hard in the gym but knows that what he does outside the iron paradise is what makes the difference.

Dauda knows the body needs a steady stream of protein throughout the day. He achieves this via eggs, steak, fish, chicken, and protein powder.

The 2024 Arnold Classic takes place on March 1-3, 2024, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, OH. Dauda aims to collect a second consecutive title to build momentum for the 2024 Mr. Olympia contest, which he is already qualified for.

Featured image: @samson__dauda on Instagram | art by @ekddesigner on Instagram

The post Samson Dauda’s Adjusted Leg Training 12 Weeks Out From the 2024 Arnold Classic appeared first on BarBend.

Click here to view the article.

Back