some FOOD for thought..........

irish2003

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
so obviously i'm bored at work today and people watching in the office as well as the cafeteria/breakrooms and am really noticing how many fat or obese individuals there are in our normal lives we are surrounded by and a thought came to mind......if you can get a contact buzz from marijuana, can you get "contact fat" from breathing the air that's been made by fried foods?.....i was thinking back to a time when i had a roommate that would use the presto deep fryer daily for most meals he and his girlfriend ate and the air in the house became dense and you'd get that film on your skin like if you ever worked at a chain restaurant kitchen before and begin to feel like shit.......so the question is can the air created by frying actually get in your systems and make us fat or spike our cholesterol counts?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Maybe you're on to something here.... I've actually developed wheat allergies from working as a baker for 4 years.

People get cat from consuming more calories then they burn off... Stored energy = fat...
I highly doubt you would get fat from smelling fat food, but I'm pretty sure there may be some other health problems relating to inhaling copious amounts of fat juices and steams... Everytime I drive past a McDonalds I feel the need to puke

What is secondhand Grease mist?
Secondhand Grease mist is also known as environmental Mazola smoke (EMS) or Crisco smoke.
EXPOSURE LIMITS

* OSHA PEL

The current Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) permissible exposure limit (PEL) for vegetable oil mist is 15 milligrams per cubic meter (mg/m(3)) of air for total dust, and 5 mg/m(3) for the respirable fraction, as an 8-hour time-weighted average (TWA) concentration [29 CFR 1910.1000, Table Z-1].

* NIOSH REL

The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has established a recommended exposure limit (REL) for vegetable oil mist of 10 mg/m(3) for total dust, and 5 mg/m(3) for the respirable fraction, as a TWA for up to a 10-hour workday and a 40-hour workweek [NIOSH 1992].
* ACGIH TLV
The American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) has assigned vegetable oil mist a threshold limit value (TLV) of 10 mg/m(3) (except castor, cashew nut, or similar irritant oils), as a TWA for a normal 8-hour workday and a 40-hour workweek [ACGIH 1994, p. 35].

Everytime I drive past a McDonalds I feel the need to puke

I'm glad I'm not the only one who experiences this. We have a couple of super Walmarts here, and they have a McDonalds inside the store off of one of two entrances. Every time I have to pass through that entrance I get the same feeling like I need to puke.

I'd say you can definitely develop some respiratory problems from inhaling vaporized fat. I remember working at fast food places when I was in high school, and I would come home with my clothes reeking of the smell from the place, and I'd have that film of grease on my skin. Nasty!! I'm so glad I don't have to do that anymore (knock on wood).

What is secondhand Grease mist?
Secondhand Grease mist is also known as environmental Mazola smoke (EMS) or Crisco smoke.
EXPOSURE LIMITS

* OSHA PEL

The current Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) permissible exposure limit (PEL) for vegetable oil mist is 15 milligrams per cubic meter (mg/m(3)) of air for total dust, and 5 mg/m(3) for the respirable fraction, as an 8-hour time-weighted average (TWA) concentration [29 CFR 1910.1000, Table Z-1].

* NIOSH REL

The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has established a recommended exposure limit (REL) for vegetable oil mist of 10 mg/m(3) for total dust, and 5 mg/m(3) for the respirable fraction, as a TWA for up to a 10-hour workday and a 40-hour workweek [NIOSH 1992].
* ACGIH TLV
The American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) has assigned vegetable oil mist a threshold limit value (TLV) of 10 mg/m(3) (except castor, cashew nut, or similar irritant oils), as a TWA for a normal 8-hour workday and a 40-hour workweek [ACGIH 1994, p. 35].

It just warns of exposure limit, but doesnt say you can get fat from it, lol, this thread is funny and my money is on it getting funnier throughout the day,lmao

Back