Storing Food in case of hard times

mkdk

Im talking about things like if the grid goes down and their is a disruption in normal activities. This is highly probable for us all. Did you see how those people acted in New York after Hurricane Sandy? They were literally at each others throats waiting to get gas. Can you imagine if it was for food. What im recommending is just having say a months worth of food on hand just in case. Make sure you rotate it also because some does expire. I have like 500 cans of all different kinds of soup. The soup is usually good for few years and I rotate new stuff in old out. Sometimes ill bring it to the food pantry for the homeless. If grid shuts down nothing will move no transactions nothing. It will be restored but it could take a few weeks. You want to rely on red cross trucks, not me. Besides you could probably get like a 100 a can for soup if it got bad anyway. :thumbsup:

can food, white rice and beans-all last about 8 years if stored properly

over 75% of the population gets it's nutrition from rice and beans

- - - Updated - - -

canned dog food is almost the same as human canned food, so when the stores are being flooded nobody thinks of going the pet food section

rice and bean, if you want to spend big money you can buy those buckets of food with meals ready to eat, they have them set up like 1 month,2 months of food etc.

yeah you can take it all the way to the gourmet level-$20 per freeze dry meal

really though the meals are reasonably priced compared to a normal meal

the food is the cheapest and easiest thing to prep for

We have some MRE's, nuts, rice, spam, and cases of water. We toss stuff out once in a while but that's the bare necessities. WHat I haven't worked on is stock piling, emergency gear like ammo, knives, rope, you know survivalist stuff. I have to look into that.

We grow, hunt, and can a large portion of our food. We always have a large selection of food on hand. It has paid off during some of the storms we have had here..

Fuck Food, A GUN is the number 1 item you wanna have in this case! All the food in the world aint gonna help if some hungry asshole shows up to your home with his own gun to rob ya blind!

Food = great idea to have on hand, 10000% agree!

However You NEED A FUCKING GUN TO MAKE SURE THAT FOOD STAYS WITH YOU AND FEEDS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

Fuck Food, A GUN is the number 1 item you wanna have in this case! All the food in the world aint gonna help if some hungry asshole shows up to your home with his own gun to rob ya blind!

However You NEED A FUCKING GUN TO MAKE SURE THAT FOOD STAYS WITH YOU AND FEEDS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

that's what I've been saying too, I had these guys that I worked with, that stocked up on food like over a years worth because it was encouraged by their church, they were Mormon

but they didn't believe in guns or having one-I said the same thing you just did and they kinda laughed like they couldn't understand the idea

I'm with you on this one!!

Yeah up here afew friends and myself went in on a gun safe which is loaded and buried in the back 5 acres.What I have in house are all registered and legal the ones the the safe thats another story. I see it like this, someday the man is going to get guns out of the hands of civilians and when they do Ill smile and give them my little ole hunting rifles. Once we break that safe open dont even think about getting near my house bro I got no problem leaving a spray pattern across my lawn .

Yeah up here afew friends and myself went in on a gun safe which is loaded and buried in the back 5 acres.What I have in house are all registered and legal the ones the the safe thats another story. I see it like this, someday the man is going to get guns out of the hands of civilians and when they do Ill smile and give them my little ole hunting rifles. Once we break that safe open dont even think about getting near my house bro I got no problem leaving a spray pattern across my lawn .

I'll be dead before they take my guns.

Thankfully CH3N02 got Silk and I into this way of thinking years ago. Its definately a way of life. My only recommendation is store things you will eat. It needs to be rotated. We rotate the food and water frequently. It's also nice to not have to go to the store if you run out of rice for a meal. We are currently going through the food so we have less to move. We also rotate ammo and set aside clothes and things. Really makes you sleep better at night

here's something to think about-if stored properly ammo can last up to 75 years

but with the new chemistry they can now limit the life of the primer in a bullet or shell all the way down to 6 months

i would eat my kids make sense really-i spent 14 and 17 years feeding them up..they would last me months easy..mind u thinking about it would love to eat my wifes arse..why eat dog food when i can eat c*nt..

i would eat my kids make sense really-i spent 14 and 17 years feeding them up..they would last me months easy..mind u thinking about it would love to eat my wifes arse..why eat dog food when i can eat c*nt..

tuna's high in protein-follow that up with a brown eye brownie

Back