suger???

brutalI

Gold Member
can somebody please clear this one up for me, i read in a very old bodybuilding book that eating suger is the worst mistake you could possibly make when trying to build muscle the reason being.
The pitruitry gland is what produces natural growth hormone and it is locked away in the brain very well hidden, and if you eat suger your body produces insulin and the insulin will block the pituitry gland so it can not produce any growth hormone so muscles will not grow.

Tha reason i ask is i have been training for near 3 years now and i am nowhere near the size and shape of a lot of people that have been training for 1 year. it really is doing my head in i try to put on weight by using weight gainer and lot of food this includes lots and lots of sweet puddings and sweeties just wondering if all this suger is stopping me from achieving my goals.

:confused: BRUTALI

Not just sugar but any of the high glycemic carbs. Glucose is needed by the body but not continuosely, and your body can get it from the break down of protein. Try the typical diet of moderate carbs and high protein with low fat from morning till midafternoon and higher fat with higher protein from then to sleep. HGH and IGF release are mostly from sleep and exercise as long as the necessary precursors are there.

Last edited:
for the past 2 weeks ive been eating high protien only meals no puddings or cheating at all, because im at work offshore right now its been quite easy to only eat chicken, steaks, tuna, and eggs maybe a couple of weetabix a day, ive startes doing 20 mins of cardio a day which ive never done because all i ever wanted to do was get massive, and things seem to be looking ok

Zylo..You can grow with near zero carbs.

But this requires you spend several months converting over to a ketone burning state.

But as to the fast growth desired by bbers it takes all 3 of the macronutrients in sufficient quantity.

Eating zero carbs isn't healthy. Our bodies need them for a reason. That, and who could eat no carbs for 3 months just to get to the START of this type of diet? I can't go a day without carbs.

I would be interested in knowing more about this Ketone state though. Is there a link somewhere with more info about it?

Has anyone here tried that diet and had any experience with it? Sounds a little radical :)

Zylo said:
Eating zero carbs isn't healthy. Our bodies need them for a reason. That, and who could eat no carbs for 3 months just to get to the START of this type of diet? I can't go a day without carbs.

I would be interested in knowing more about this Ketone state though. Is there a link somewhere with more info about it?

Has anyone here tried that diet and had any experience with it? Sounds a little radical :)
Bump, Ive fought with many diet gurus on this, Ive been in a ketonic state for months with great success, but not near as good as a healthy food/vitamin moderate carb diet

Protein Power by Michael and Mary Eades
M.D.
Most of the books by Atkins (M.D.)

Calories Don't Count By Herman Taller, M.D.

Both Eades and Atkins state certain types of Carbohydrates are needed in very small amounts for optimum health, of which we know of 9. Only 2 of which are common in the "balanced" diet.

Inutes , Eskimos, and Icelanders have by necessity been on near exclusively carnivore diets and live into their 70's if they live past their 30's.The icelanders diet contains 7 of the Carbohydrates referred above which is found in the various kelp and deep sea fish that makes up a large part of their diet.

Search fucoidan on the net.
You can live without carbs but not without fats or protein.

brutalI said:
for the past 2 weeks ive been eating high protien only meals no puddings or cheating at all, because im at work offshore right now its been quite easy to only eat chicken, steaks, tuna, and eggs maybe a couple of weetabix a day, ive startes doing 20 mins of cardio a day which ive never done because all i ever wanted to do was get massive, and things seem to be looking ok

No Pudding?!!....ahh come on man....thats just down right crazy..

Fat loss, improved lipid profile, lower insulin output, improve sensitivity to glucose on the cellular level, and general changeover from carbohydrate directed metabolism to fat directed metabolism.
If you are not a candidate for heart problems, or diabetic or potential diabetic then it is not an entirely desirable lifestyle.

Back