Targeting rear delts

jtunderdog

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Gold Member
This is one of my weak points and Im looking for any tips on bringing them up. All info appreciated.

I like the rear delt machine, reverse cable crossovers or lying rear delt raises. Those seem to hit mine pretty good.

I like to do rear laterals with dumbbells or cables when I want to "isolate" them, but seated rowing with a wide grip handle seems to hit them well.

Seated row facepulls. Sit on the seated row with the rope attached and bring it slowly to your nose and spread it as wide as you can on the way to you, slow negatives as well. Hits mine really good coupled with rear delt machine.

I do the facepulls but standing not seated...I call them high pulls ...

I like to do rear laterals with dumbbells or cables when I want to "isolate" them, but seated rowing with a wide grip handle seems to hit them well.

I completely agree! I also use a wide attachment with a neutral grip and hook it to the lat pulldown cable. Lean back about 30 degees and then pull to your chin concentrating on just using your rear delts. Obviously you can't use a lot of weight but you can really target the rear delts. Once I get it back as far as I can I like to hold it. This along with the other moves saudades mentioned have really helped me.

I'm usually too shot to put much of an effort into rear delts on shoulders day. I do reverse pec dec and call it a rap. I should probably pair rear delts with back and hit the bent over dumbell raises with the reverse pec dec.

Reverse pec-dec is where it at, but i never hold the handles, i usually hold the bar its connected to with just 4 fingers so no forearm is involed in the motion.

also single arm cable extentions for concentration at the end of the shoulder workout

Reverse pec-dec is where it at, but i never hold the handles, i usually hold the bar its connected to with just 4 fingers so no forearm is involed in the motion.
If you do those with your thumbs pointed down, I notice a difference, too. It usually blows my rear delts up.

Back