Tia-Clair Toomey Gives a Look Into First Snatching Session Post-Pregnancy

Muscle Insider

Australian CrossFit athlete Tia-Clair Toomey has cemented her place in the history books with six CrossFit Games titles under her belt, making her the winningest Individual in the sport. However, she took to the sidelines after getting pregnant last year, but the time has come for a comeback now. So, in a recent video uploaded on YouTube, Toomey gave fans a look into her snatching practice session post-pregnancy.
Tia-Clair Toomey found her passion for CrossFit after getting introduced to the sport by her husband Shane Orr. She quickly started competing and ramped up her training significantly. In 2015, she earned her first qualification for the CrossFit Games, where she took the silver medal behind champion Katrin Davidsdottir. That same year Tia-Clair was crowned the Rookie of the Year. After falling short of Davidsdottir again in 2016, Toomey returned with a vengeance and won her maiden CrossFit Games title in 2017.
Toomey proved to be a dominant champion who managed to outshine proven veterans like Davidsdottir and beat the budding contenders each year since first taking the throne. She managed to add five consecutive title defenses and overtook five-time Fittest on Earth Mat Fraser’s record for the winningest athlete in the history of the sport with 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games being the latest.
Toomey revealed the 4,000+ calorie diet she utilized to win her sixth CrossFit Games title in Sep. 2022. Then, she opened up on recovering from a major back injury she picked up before the Games.
Following her last showing, Toomey signed up to test her abilities in the team division at the 2022 Down Under Championship. She teamed up with Brooke Wells to start her preparations for the show with a team training session weeks later. However, she ended up not taking part in the competition due to her pregnancy.

Tia-Clair Toomey declared her ambitions to win her seventh individual title at the 2023 CrossFit games last September. She followed up with positive updates on the back injury that prevented her from training properly.
In Dec. 2022, Toomey announced her pregnancy and withdrawal from the 2023 CrossFit Games. She continued to train and provided a full tour of her insane home gym days later.
In a recent YouTube video, Tia-Clair Toomey gave fans a look into her first time practicing snatching after giving birth. However, she first revealed what kind of troubles she has been encountering post-pregnancy, the main one being timely eating and hydration.
“Before I know it, it is 5 pm at night and I’m like ‘Oh my gosh, I haven’t eaten anything’… I’ve got to be way better at that, especially while I’m training, breastfeeding, and ensuring that I am at optimal capacity.”
She focused on doing lightweight movements, working on hitting really good technique, and not going off improvements in performance. Toomey kicked off the training session with stretching (single-arm dead-hangs) and handstand walks for warm-up. She performed a snatch caught behind the neck, overhead jerks, overhead squats, and back squats.
“We are not worrying about percentages today, it is just purely going off feel and just hitting really good technique.”
Following the barbell exercises, she crushed pull-ups, toes-to-bar, rope climbs, ring dips, and handstand walks. Her workout concluded with four cardio intervals of 90-second rounds with a target of 148 calories burned on the Assault Bike.
“I am going in my third week and I’m already feeling like a bit stronger and I’m feeling and seeing a little bit more capacity in my dips and my pull-ups… It is awesome to see progression…
Earlier this year, Tia-Clair Toomey smashed a CrossFit workout while pregnant. She also laid out her full day of eating during pregnancy three months ago. While she didn’t track any of her meals, she followed a clean diet and preferred red meat as her source of protein. On May 9, Toomey announced she became a mother and welcomed her baby girl, named Willow Clair Orr.
If the latest update is any indication, Toomey is slowly inching her way back to making a return. In addition, she could make her comeback at the 2024 CrossFit Games.
You can watch the full video below.

Published: 12 July, 2023 | 6:28 PM EDT

Collage-Maker-12-Jul-2023-02-51-PM-4569.jpg
Australian CrossFit athlete Tia-Clair Toomey has cemented her place in the history books with six CrossFit Games titles under her belt, making her the winningest Individual in the sport. However, she took to the sidelines after getting pregnant last year, but the time has come for a comeback now. So, in a recent video uploaded on YouTube, Toomey gave fans a look into her snatching practice session post-pregnancy.

Tia-Clair Toomey found her passion for CrossFit after getting introduced to the sport by her husband Shane Orr. She quickly started competing and ramped up her training significantly. In 2015, she earned her first qualification for the CrossFit Games, where she took the silver medal behind champion Katrin Davidsdottir. That same year Tia-Clair was crowned the Rookie of the Year. After falling short of Davidsdottir again in 2016, Toomey returned with a vengeance and won her maiden CrossFit Games title in 2017.

Toomey proved to be a dominant champion who managed to outshine proven veterans like Davidsdottir and beat the budding contenders each year since first taking the throne. She managed to add five consecutive title defenses and overtook five-time Fittest on Earth Mat Fraser’s record for the winningest athlete in the history of the sport with 2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games being the latest.

Toomey revealed the 4,000+ calorie diet she utilized to win her sixth CrossFit Games title in Sep. 2022. Then, she opened up on recovering from a major back injury she picked up before the Games.

Following her last showing, Toomey signed up to test her abilities in the team division at the 2022 Down Under Championship. She teamed up with Brooke Wells to start her preparations for the show with a team training session weeks later. However, she ended up not taking part in the competition due to her pregnancy.

Tia-Clair Toomey declared her ambitions to win her seventh individual title at the 2023 CrossFit games last September. She followed up with positive updates on the back injury that prevented her from training properly.

In Dec. 2022, Toomey announced her pregnancy and withdrawal from the 2023 CrossFit Games. She continued to train and provided a full tour of her insane home gym days later.

In a recent YouTube video, Tia-Clair Toomey gave fans a look into her first time practicing snatching after giving birth. However, she first revealed what kind of troubles she has been encountering post-pregnancy, the main one being timely eating and hydration.

“Before I know it, it is 5 pm at night and I’m like ‘Oh my gosh, I haven’t eaten anything’… I’ve got to be way better at that, especially while I’m training, breastfeeding, and ensuring that I am at optimal capacity.”

[/quote]
She focused on doing lightweight movements, working on hitting really good technique, and not going off improvements in performance. Toomey kicked off the training session with stretching (single-arm dead-hangs) and handstand walks for warm-up. She performed a snatch caught behind the neck, overhead jerks, overhead squats, and back squats.

“We are not worrying about percentages today, it is just purely going off feel and just hitting really good technique.”

[/quote]
Following the barbell exercises, she crushed pull-ups, toes-to-bar, rope climbs, ring dips, and handstand walks. Her workout concluded with four cardio intervals of 90-second rounds with a target of 148 calories burned on the Assault Bike.

“I am going in my third week and I’m already feeling like a bit stronger and I’m feeling and seeing a little bit more capacity in my dips and my pull-ups… It is awesome to see progression…

[/quote]
Earlier this year, Tia-Clair Toomey smashed a CrossFit workout while pregnant. She also laid out her full day of eating during pregnancy three months ago. While she didn’t track any of her meals, she followed a clean diet and preferred red meat as her source of protein. On May 9, Toomey announced she became a mother and welcomed her baby girl, named Willow Clair Orr.

If the latest update is any indication, Toomey is slowly inching her way back to making a return. In addition, she could make her comeback at the 2024 CrossFit Games.

You can watch the full video below.

Published: 12 July, 2023 | 6:28 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back