Traveling with prescribed test

EMW14

I know this has come up before, but who here has traveled - meaning flown - with prescribed test and associated syringe? Any hassles? How did you go about it to minimize your trouble getting through security?

I have a legit script, the box has the prescription label with my name, etc, on it...

I'm gonna check the TSA Web page and see what it might offer in the way of info, but looking for experience, if anyone has any to share.

This is what I found on a TSA blog, apparently written by a rep from TSA:

Medication is ok to place in your carry-on or checked luggage in any form. From our web page: "All medications in any form or type (for instance, pills, injectables, or homeopathic) and associated supplies (syringes, Sharps disposal container, pre-loaded syringes, jet injectors, pens, infusers, etc.) are allowed through the security checkpoint once they have been screened. Atropens, an auto-injection system that can help treat many emergency conditions (low heart rate, breathing problems, and excess saliva related to insecticide, nerve gas or mushroom poisoning) are also allowed. We do not require that your medications be labeled."

So if I preload a syringe, how would I convince a TSA officer that it's prescribed and not heinous PED??? I'm thinking maybe bring the empty box the vial came in that has the prescription sticker on it. Anyone know if this will fly? No pun intended....

Why not just take a good injection right before you leave. This way you will have one less thing to be bothered with. Its not like the TSA are rocket scientists. The last time I flew I had to much toothpaste and they confiscated it. I had 1 more ounce than i should of and it was not allowed.

if it were me I would just carry the vial and script-no way they can question that it's legal

You're probably right, that seems like the most hassle free way to go. That's what I'm going to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not just take a good injection right before you leave. This way you will have one less thing to be bothered with. Its not like the TSA are rocket scientists. The last time I flew I had to much toothpaste and they confiscated it. I had 1 more ounce than i should of and it was not allowed.

I'm actually going to be gone long enough for 2 injections. So I really need to take it with me.

For around the house or driving to and from I made my own labels for medicine bottles. If you have a legal script you should be good to go.

Back