Unemployment questions

The Dude

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
So I'm going to get shafted (I knew this going in). I was injured at work and will never be able to work in the same career field. I put in my Pension packet on Jan 5th and there is no end in sight. My final appt is in July and I'll be put at MMI. They will fire me at that point. So... I'm assuming I can collect unemployment? Who knows how long it will be until I can collect my Pension.
Questions are
Can I collect unemployment?
How much is it?
How long does it take to start?

The Dude Approved

last time i checked unemployment maxed out at like $470 per week regardless of how much money you made yearly, i never collected unemployment in my life but know people who have but this was a long long time ago, I'm sure the max has gone up, but i just always found it odd that it wasn't a % of your pay, and that it maxed out even if that max out was only 10% of what you would have made weekly working, at least thats how it was explained to me, so please forgive me if I'm way off and freaking you out lol

Good luck and sorry i can't help,

You can get unemployment but be ready to see the attorney of you current employer in there talking about you like you are a dog so it doesn't get approved. I will get with the wife this evening and brush up on it for you a bit.

It def doesn't max out that high here , it's almost that much bi-weekly.
It's not simple now. You have to take tests on math and reading etc, you have to go to either 1 employment seminar a week, or put in 5 applications out to other jobs, and submit those to the State, every 2 weeks you hav to submit the name of the place, website or email address for that place, what date you did it on, whether or not you have heard anything back or not etc.
You also have to pay taxes on it, so in Fl I think if you pay the tax up front you can get up to like $496 every two weeks (max) for a total sum depending on how long you worked at that job and it will be determined to you.

*******The Dude******** Write me if you have any questions unanswered here, and if I have any info I will share brutha

It def doesn't max out that high here , it's almost that much bi-weekly.
It's not simple now. You have to take tests on math and reading etc, you have to go to either 1 employment seminar a week, or put in 5 applications out to other jobs, and submit those to the State, every 2 weeks you hav to submit the name of the place, website or email address for that place, what date you did it on, whether or not you have heard anything back or not etc.
You also have to pay taxes on it, so in Fl I think if you pay the tax up front you can get up to like $496 every two weeks (max) for a total sum depending on how long you worked at that job and it will be determined to you.

*******The Dude******** Write me if you have any questions unanswered here, and if I have any info I will share brutha

seriously who the fuck can live on that! I mean sure its one thing if thats what you make and your working your way up the ladder, but to have a great job yanked out from under ya then have to live off that amount is scary stuff!

seriously who the fuck can live on that! I mean sure its one thing if thats what you make and your working your way up the ladder, but to have a great job yanked out from under ya then have to live off that amount is scary stuff!

This is why the so called benefits people live off of are not so great when you actually break it down.
I agree Presser and they make it very hard to obtain unemployment now, and to stay on it.
Just like Pell grant, I really want to see if I can get that for school next year, but it already said for the nursing program (10.5k bucks) If I qualified I would only qualify for like 1200 bucks. Yeah "it's better then nothing"
But considering everything I have given my community compared to the pimple faced dufus that will get 11k that has not done anything at all to earn the Pell it is quite annoying.
I need a sponsor lol.... :(

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like unemployment and Pell should be easy as cake for any Emergency Medical Personnel, Police, Teachers, and Military if they so choose to better themselves, or have a job taken away.

This is why the so called benefits people live off of are not so great when you actually break it down.
I agree Presser and they make it very hard to obtain unemployment now, and to stay on it.
Just like Pell grant, I really want to see if I can get that for school next year, but it already said for the nursing program (10.5k bucks) If I qualified I would only qualify for like 1200 bucks. Yeah "it's better then nothing"
But considering everything I have given my community compared to the pimple faced dufus that will get 11k that has not done anything at all to earn the Pell it is quite annoying.
I need a sponsor lol.... :(

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like unemployment and Pell should be easy as cake for any Emergency Medical Personnel, Police, Teachers, and Military if they so choose to better themselves, or have a job taken away.

So your really not just sucking off of societies teets? lol who knew! lol

I'm not worried about them bad mouthing me. They've lost 3 lawsuits to me. They're scum bags. They should be done with my Pension stuff, but they are dragging it out. So I'm suing for that as well. $500 every two weeks?? WTF?? I was paying 30k a year or more in taxes from 2002 to 2007 and I play plenty (although not that much) since then.
Just getting my ducks in a row. I had hoped for a smooth transition, but should've known better.

I really hope it's more than 1k a month. That's the difference between my gross and neck PER paycheck!

The Dude Approved

I'm not worried about them bad mouthing me. They've lost 3 lawsuits to me. They're scum bags. They should be done with my Pension stuff, but they are dragging it out. So I'm suing for that as well. $500 every two weeks?? WTF?? I was paying 30k a year or more in taxes from 2002 to 2007 and I play plenty (although not that much) since then.
Just getting my ducks in a row. I had hoped for a smooth transition, but should've known better.

I really hope it's more than 1k a month. That's the difference between my gross and neck PER paycheck!

The Dude Approved

Those fuckers will drag that shit out bro. We were just numbers to them.

I wasn't under your circumstances with pension but back pay for months.

Those fuckers will drag that shit out bro. We were just numbers to them.

I wasn't under your circumstances with pension but back pay for months.

Shady shit Bro. Very shady. I have some ideas to force them to let me stay several months, but don't know if I want to go that far

The Dude Approved

The Dude Approved

What the fuck were you doing in your field to make so much that you paid that much in taxes???????

I'd think anyone that's been on here long enough would have lol

lmao, Touche mousier pussy cat, lol, you are correct, i know from this place ur a working and family man! it was just a joke, so didn't mean to offend ya

lmao, Touche mousier pussy cat, lol, you are correct, i know from this place ur a working and family man! it was just a joke, so didn't mean to offend ya

You didn't homefry

- - - Updated - - -

He was a Mortgage Broker in the biggest real estate market in the history of the planet.

oh hahaha I had no idea, I thought it was the other job he was speaking about. Wish I was old enough and had enough free time to get in on that action when it happened. Instead I did some side jobs with my buddy for his parents to flip homes (a few old ass beach homes where I got to rip stuff down and breath in all the asbestos
anyone would ever want and more)

I'm really getting ... I can't think of the word. I'm going tomorrow to my psychiatrist so he can put me out of work (with pay) for a while. I told you guys I'm bat shit crazy

The Dude Approved

I'm really getting ... I can't think of the word. I'm going tomorrow to my psychiatrist so he can put me out of work (with pay) for a while. I told you guys I'm bat shit crazy

The Dude Approved

Good, I hope you get every fucking penny you can from them btw. Glad to hear you won your lawsuits bro. I feel like it is usually so impossible to stand up and win against a big employer. At the hospital they have a team of lawyers so pretty much they win any big thing. I could get a measly 4k for my back injury from work, but I'd never be able to work for that company again, and the hospitals are all becoming huge monopolies, so I wont
run the knife into my back for a couple months worth of money.

Good, I hope you get every fucking penny you can from them btw. Glad to hear you won your lawsuits bro. I feel like it is usually so impossible to stand up and win against a big employer. At the hospital they have a team of lawyers so pretty much they win any big thing. I could get a measly 4k for my back injury from work, but I'd never be able to work for that company again, and the hospitals are all becoming huge monopolies, so I wont
run the knife into my back for a couple months worth of money.

Yes. Fortunately their policies do not retain the best and brightest. That includes legal council. What they do have on their side is time. They've fired like 4 people in the last 8 months. They were sued and forced to rehire all 4 back and pay them back pay.

The Dude Approved

Yes. Fortunately their policies do not retain the best and brightest. That includes legal council. What they do have on their side is time. They've fired like 4 people in the last 8 months. They were sued and forced to rehire all 4 back and pay them back pay.

The Dude Approved

damn wtf is going on... Is it still a possibility to stay with a company for 20 years now a days?

Back