Using a towel in the gym

Shaptown

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Do you guys carry a towel with you in the gym? I know this probably seems really weird, but I don't think it is that important. I will sometimes grab a gym towel, and then start by placing it where my head is on the bench and stuff, but I always inevitably end up leaving it somewhere and forgetting it; I am just not that anal about placing a towel down on things. This is even though I do sweat PROFUSELY from my face when lifting, and have heard of friends getting ringworm from things as mundane as putting there elbows down on a preacher curl machine....

What do you guys think?

I workout at home but the truth is the towel isn't going to fix anything in my opinion. You could use half a bottle of purell and its still gonna be a germy bacteria laden environment. I sweat like a beast and wiping it without disinfectant is just really spreading the germs. I guess its personal preference and I won't lay in someone's sweat of course but you see what I mean I think.

Some need them, as they sweat like crazy. I hate going to use something, and there is a sweaty, hair gel mix on the bench.

my gyms got anti bacterial spray bottles all over the place and paper towel dispensers, when ever i come across a smelly bench i just wipe them down. i do how ever carry a towel. more so to wipe my face with

my gyms got anti bacterial spray bottles all over the place and paper towel dispensers, when ever i come across a smelly bench i just wipe them down. i do how ever carry a towel. more so to wipe my face with

yeah this is exactly what i do.

i just meant you don't exactly see me moving from station to station always hanging on to a towel, as i don't think that the surfaces require them so long as they are treated properly with antibiotic scrub.

i dnt use them... i usually wear 5 layers of clothes

I notice a few guys in my gym who train with a few layers on. It always baffles me because I get so hot n flustered just wearing an old ragedy Tshirt.. I don't know how you guys do it...

Also makes me think.. In order for your body to try cool itself, blood moves to to your skin to help dissipate heat. This meaning there is less blood to the working muscle causing your training performance to not be at it's optimum.

But if your not hot wearing the clothes then I suppose my theory is out the window

Some need them, as they sweat like crazy. I hate going to use something, and there is a sweaty, hair gel mix on the bench.

This is exactly one of the reasons I always carry one.. One of the gyms I train at is ghetto as hell and inconsiderate assholes always leave their sweat and hair shit on the benches or leg machines...

I used to use one when I was at a gym that offered them. But, I only used them on chest days when I was actually laying my head on the benches. And that is only because I have a shaved head and by the afternoon when I lift, my head is a little oily and leaves a little circle on the bench. So, I just did it so I didn't have to wipe down the bench after.

Exactly!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I notice a few guys in my gym who train with a few layers on. It always baffles me because I get so hot n flustered just wearing an old ragedy Tshirt.. I don't know how you guys do it...

Also makes me think.. In order for your body to try cool itself, blood moves to to your skin to help dissipate heat. This meaning there is less blood to the working muscle causing your training performance to not be at it's optimum.

But if your not hot wearing the clothes then I suppose my theory is out the window

The reason for doing that is often to help facilitate warming up, even in the summer. The guys I see doing that peel off the layers as they warm up.

There really isn't that much blood that must go to the skin for cooling so the effect from that is minimal. Now if you eat right before training and you're digesting something, that does take a lot of blood, and you'll get indigestion because the blood moved out to the muscles.

I always use one, my gym offers towel and i always seem to walk out with them and by the end of the week im always bringing back a pile of washed towels that i took home by mistake, I sweat so bad i have 2 other shirts in my gym bag that i change into through out the workout, so yes i need a towel and i have to always wipe down the head area of whatever machine im using before i leave cause its nasty when im on it

i always have at least one towel in my bad.
my gym has the sanitizer stuff, but i only use it on cardio machines, where i really sweat.

It's why I wear a beanie....not because I'm trying to be a thug (or is it gangsta?) it keeps me from sweating on everything or getting my head on someones sweat...I have 2 I wear and wash each 2x a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's why I wear a beanie....not because I'm trying to be a thug (or is it gangsta?) it keeps me from sweating on everything or getting my head on someones sweat...I have 2 I wear and wash each 2x a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats exactly why I wear a visor every workout, and as the years went by it was also a good way to hide my receding hair line, lol, but it was actualy first used for sweat as i sweat like no one u ever met

Back