Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 3-5 Pounds

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 6-7 Pounds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8-10 Pounds

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
I still have a wrestlers metabolism due to college wrestling, so I can fluctuate 5lbs give or take
mostly water weight, if I keep my carbs high this tends to even it out as best as possible

Normally been in the 275-280 range the past few years but I am taking it a lot slower this season since next seasons' shows start a lot earlier. I am still on a modified diet and cardio is EOD where before I did very little cardio and diet was as many cals as I could get in which would range from 8000-10,000 cals(yes its possible trust me). My body type warrants gaining some really good muscle but also some really good body fat in the process. I can't keep doing big weight swings- it becomes very noticeable to people and especially judges plus its just really hard on the body. So changing things up this season. It is a offseason/pre-contest season which will be new for me but so far its not bad....

supermannpc said:
im constinately carb cycling so my weight is really up and down

care to elaborate on what you mean by this when you get a chance?

By carb cycling i mean i have a high carb day on training days and on non training days i follow a low day and i throw some medium days in the mix also.

By doing this you are tricking your body to build muscle on your training days and burn fat on your off days.

My weight can fluctuate 5-7lbs. day to day but my diet is strange compared to most:
My catch weight is 198lbs. - fight weight is 185
My diet is 300g/day protein mostly consists of lean meat,chicken breast,supplements and veggies. 120 oz. water per day. VERY limited sugars,salt, caffeine or starches.
Verylow carb intake for 3 weeks and then a 3 day carb binge in the fourth week
I supplement heavy with b vitamins,C and pollen to fight energy loss from the carb depletion. And I am of course hypo-gonadic so I inject 200mg of test into the bum as per doc's orders each week!

how do you carb cyclers feel about that approach on a dude saying trying to loose some fat anmd gain if possible

irishpride said:
how do you carb cyclers feel about that approach on a dude saying trying to loose some fat anmd gain if possible

i was wondering the same thing. would this be effective at all to someone off cycle not wanting to compete.

My weight on my current cycle has gone between a couple of pounds. My previous cycle before this one it would toggle about 5 lbs.

*N.V.S* said:
Carb Cycling is a VERY effective way to keep the fat down while gaining muscle even while "off"
i agree, it works to a point. I was doing this for most of my "bulk", but had to stop and just make everyday a "high carb" day as I wasnt gaining weight anymore.

Back