Weight Gainer

lift542

Just wondering what everyone's take on the use of weight gainers is? I try to eat every 2-2.5 hrs, but am having trouble taking in 3500cal.

It's hard, yes. I would use a weight gainer that doesn't have too much sugar in it. Typically, you have to fill in those extra calories by drinking something because it is easier to do. Other things you can do to help it along is add flaxseed oil to it.

im the same way cant eat for shit, i would agree with saudades, go low sugar for sure

Load a protein shake with pb an oats use skim milk an whatever else you throw in it ,weight gainers are expensive an usually the servings are very low

I don't buy weight gainers. I just make my own.
egg whites, oats, peanut butter, abanana, cinnamon. I generally don't trust anything that's on a label anymore.

I don't buy weight gainers. I just make my own.
egg whites, oats, peanut butter, abanana, cinnamon. I generally don't trust anything that's on a label anymore.

there are plenty of good, healthy home made recipes you can find for increased calorie intake! there are to many tricks companies can use to hide the real ingredients.
most of the name brands are in business to make money....

there are plenty of good, healthy home made recipes you can find for increased calorie intake! there are to many tricks companies can use to hide the real ingredients.
most of the name brands are in business to make money....

my point precisely. At least when you make the stuff you know exactly what's in it and you can adjust it accordingly based on you caloric needs.

I have the same problem. I use Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass. 1200 calories per serving but the scoops are large so I break down to 2 shakes through out the day. I'm putting on weight but it's not fat. Plus it's loaded with BCAA's and other vitamins. 12 lb bag from Bodybuilding.com ran me about $48, but we'll worth the results I'm getting with a clean diet.

Back