What age would you start training someone?

jtunderdog

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Gold Member
Just out of curiosity how old would someone have to be before you would train them? I know growth plates are open and it is dangerous to start too early, but what is an approximate average of how old someone should be?

^^ i agree weight trraining i would wait till around 16 to get serious if they wanna dick around on some light weighted db's fine but serious trainiing at least 15 or 16 if you ask me.

I think physical activity should be a part of life from the time children are old enough to walk. Training with weights to increase muscle mass, I would agree mid to late teens.

I think 15 is a good age to start getting into weight lifting. To bad the anytime fittness I work out at won't let my 15 year old son join, even if comes with me and with me only. Pretty fucked up considering I am the very first member that signed up at this gym.....:curse:

I think 15 is a good age to start getting into weight lifting. To bad the anytime fittness I work out at won't let my 15 year old son join, even if comes with me and with me only. Pretty fucked up considering I am the very first member that signed up at this gym.....:curse:

Why not? What is their reasoning behind this?

Thier reason was that he just turned 15. If he was closer to 16 it would be cool then. Fucking stupid ass excuse if you ask me. They always tell me they are going to clear it with corp. but that was like 4 months ago. The owner of the gym is real DBAG!!!! Knows nothing about fitness or how to run a gym.

Thier reason was that he just turned 15. If he was closer to 16 it would be cool then. Fucking stupid ass excuse if you ask me. They always tell me they are going to clear it with corp. but that was like 4 months ago. The owner of the gym is real DBAG!!!! Knows nothing about fitness or how to run a gym.

So what?! If he's your son and you give permission for him to train I don't see how it's their call on whether or not he can. Silly.

If its like any of the other anytimes just go at night and let him go in with you lol, none of them around here watch the camera's i could walk in the gym by my house and let in a bar full of people and the next morning unless something was broke they would never know.

That is screwed up. I am waiting for my son to get to about 15. Hes just 11 but we used to take karate together and he did pushups and situps then. I know the football program at my old High School had the 9th graders on serious programs. I guess that would be 14 to 15, so I guess 9th grade would be okay.

I started at 14. Dumbbell in one hand and a huge glass of Original Phosphagain washing down horse pill BCAA's. We had an intense wrestling program.

Back