Pushtoday

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Where do you train/workout?
What is your gym like?
Do you go to a big box gym, small old school gym, Crossfit gym, Powerlifting, mma gym?
Why did you choose your gym?

My gym is a big box gym that has 24 hr access. Or
I train at home in the garage (free weights, adjustable bench, dip/pullup/ab station, pair of squat stands)home quality equipment.

I go to a 24 hour gym, with key card so i can go anytime of the night or morning. Its small, but has everything you need! Its not like any place i have ever trained before, its not hardcore, but its not one of those commercial type planet fitness gyms either.

I chose it last actually of the 3 gyms i tried out when i moved out here last year. And i chose it cuase this one is closest to the office, so i can just grab my shit and go and then come back to work, its literally 5 minutes up the road if that!
Its perfect actually,

I go to an amazing gym Powerhouse .. but it's 30-45 minutes away. There are a ton of competitors and it's kind of like the place to be seen. It keeps me on top of my shape and condition constantly. It also has the best if the best in equipment and anything else. Massage, cryo therapy, tanning... it's amazing.

My gym isn't a big box gym but it's size over 65,000 sq/ft says it is lol. It's got everything you need and 3 of them for the most part. We have people of all sorts but hardly any hardcore lifters. Me and a couple of other guys are the biggest dudes at it. I like it for the most part.

I've been going to this gym for about 2 years. Erin Stern and Ben Pavolski train there regularly and are really nice people. I've met Chris Cormier and Mike O'Hern there... Rob Terry goes there when he's in town, but I've known him a while. There are a few WWE Superstars that go there, but I've known most for a few years... Skip (I don't know his wrestling name) is HUGE now on the WWE thing and I've seen him put on probably 60lbs of muscle in the last 4 years...
There are TONS of bikini and figure competitors and Pro's that go there. It's pretty amazing. I love it.

I'm a member of a mom and pops owned gym it's big everything u need never crowded mainly older folks they have a silver shoe program where they have classes for seniors 2 times Ed and it's 24 hrs and the best part my membership is free as long as they introduce all the newbies they are trying to sale memberships to I love there pitch line (we can get u looking like this in 90'days if u take advantage of our paid in full two year contract) my wife pays 26.00 a mth I think normal dues are 35 they have arobic yoga and Kung fu classes and a power lifting area it's nice and only 5 miles from house

My gym is a combo gym and 24 hours also . Closes thing tonold school gym left around here

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

To be honest, a fraction of 1% of my gym membership are hard core or old school. I have a few, maybe 5% who hit it hard and are dedicated, the remaining 94% are here to socialize. Truth be told, they probably would rather me get these fucking weight machines out of thier way and put a euchre table in there!!

I set up a bench and built a rack with a pull down extension in my basement. (free weights and dumb bells)
Its not the best but it has what I need and I can go when I want without leaving the family.
"happy wife happy life" she hates it but it's win win for me. Eventually I want to get back into a gym because
I am a social person and I always find the biggest guys in the gym to motivate my work outs! In the past, that
is how I have seen the biggest and best gains. I will try to find best "hole in the wall" gym that is not a fashion show
place but a hardcore lift weights with metal music gym that doesn't allow perfume!
I just might have to open my own!

Back