Why do you bodybuild?

• Thread starter Thread starter saudades
  • Start date Start date
S

saudades

Why exactly do you build your body? Is it to compete or is it simply to look good?

How do you react to people's opinions? Do people call you narcissistic? Do they get jealous of you? Do they admire you?

All of the above. I have once attirbuted it to the fact that as a child, most of my heroes had to be on at least a g a week. Remember He-Man? That dude was built like Dorian. Of course Arnold, and Rambo. I think these famous figures have put an ideal in my mind that if I really bust my ass, I can be super too.

That and results. I get addicted to the results of pain and sweat. Flexing in the mirror each morning is a great way to start the day, kind of reassuring.

I guess there is a therapeutic value there also. I used to have low self esteem, haven't had that for a long time. It seems to give me a sense of security to know that I have more muscle than your average bear.

Last edited:
So far just to look good. Maybe at some point I might do some power lifting comps, but I have been called every name in the book and some people just don't get it. I usually try to ignore the comments - good or bad. If they are good comments it kind of embarasses me and if they are bad I just don't give a shit and laugh it off.

well i used to be 315 when i was younger, and i always followed bodybuilding.

then i became a traner lost my weight, trained a few guys for some shows, so i decided it was time for me..... now i do it for the love of the sport

I do this for the satisfaction of achieving small goals, and the motivation to try to attain some damn near impossible long term goals. I also enjoy the amount of discipline required. All in all, I wanna stay healthy and get big.

Back