Would you

majortguns

Gold Member
Buy used clothes. I mean i dont make a lot of money but what I do make goes to having the nicer things for my wife and girls. I dont care what I wear so I've been getting good deals on used clothes like some under armour stuff on ebay. As long as my girls have the best I can give it doesnt matter how i look but would it bother you. It kind of bothers me that I'm telling all of you this but i like the honesty that I get from here.

i dont make much money either and yes i shop at the salvation army probably half my clothes have come from there or some discount clothes store. i mostly buy new clothes for my boys but sometimes will get them nike shorts from the sally. its also important for me to donate clothes to various people and places. shoes on the other hand i have to pay the money i cant do cheap shoes. thanks for the topic

Thrift stores are our freinds. And not just for clothes either, you can often times find several slightly used G. Forman grills, blenders, etc.....
Especially great around garage sale months when they get swamped with donations.

Ive never purchsed any nor have I worn any however I dont see anything wrong with it, my wife and I have them pick up bags of cloths all the time and I know for a fact half my wifes stuff isnt even worn and the other half is practicly new, so I dont see anyting wrong with it at all! And I know some people who sware by their cloths cause they say they get great stuff.

And I would certainly wear their cloths if it came down to buying my kids nice stuff and me having to sacrifice! And I dont think thats anything to be embarressed about either!

I personally wear clothes until they are ragged. I buy my work jeans 2nd hand because of my work I destroy clothes. Some of the jeans I have gotten still have tags on them. I buy them 2nd had for 5-10 but the original tag says 35-65 sometimes. Feeding a family of 6 I dont care what my clothes look like as long as they have clothes as well. In high school I used to buy my own clothes because my parents couldnt afford what I wanted but now I wish I had the money I used to spend on clothes. I will never do that again. hopefully my sons will learn from my mistakes and save.

I've bought clothes on eBay all the time. I wear them, as long as they're not stained and in good shape I don't care. The way I look at it is that they're used as soon as I wear them so why not grab someone else's if they're in good shape. I just wash them a couple times and I'm good to go. I buy jeans on eBay all the time because I refuse to pay full price for them in stores when they are easily $50+ a pair

I've bought clothes on eBay all the time. I wear them, as long as they're not stained and in good shape I don't care. The way I look at it is that they're used as soon as I wear them so why not grab someone else's if they're in good shape. I just wash them a couple times and I'm good to go. I buy jeans on eBay all the time because I refuse to pay full price for them in stores when they are easily $50+ a pair

I do this too and I have bought some really good stuff that I know costs 5 times more if I bought it at a store.

$50??? Lol... I went shopping for jeans a few weeks ago and the one I liked were $240. Obviously I'm not spending that much on jeans. I found a pair that were good for $70.
I don't see anything wrong with buying things second hand. The prices for things have gotten way out of hand especially for someone raising a family. Hell if I knew decent HARDWORKING people were getting clothes from Salvation Army and the like, I would be much more likely to donate. Currently when I outgrow or wear out something I'll use is as a rag before I donate it to some drug dealer getting Govt Assistance and picking up his Ed Hardy stuff at Goodwill.

I buy stuff on ebay all the time. You can get very expensive brands for dirt cheap and so long as the seller is legit, I have found the product description is usually as follows.

I have gotten DKNY dress shirt for like $10 bucks in mint condition,and nice jeans, say Paper Denim and Cloth for like $20 bucks which normally sell for $100.

I also go to TJ Maxx and Marshalls now...Once I had my daughter and money became tighter, I personally do not care what other people think, and I have gotten very nice stuff for super cheap and can still dress just as nice as when I was younger and had more cash :)

Cindee shops for most of my weekend/evening clothes from discounters like TJ Maxx, Ross an Marshall's. Ive found Lucky Brand jeans for $30 and thirst for aroun $10. As far as for work I splurge on nicer pairs o slacks and suits but still very reasonable.

I've never purchased used clothes but now that you mention eBay I will definitely check that out now. Even if we can afford new clothe doesn't mean that we need to spend a lot of money on them. I love living on a budget and putting money away and paying off our home that much faster.

The stores Buffalo said are are great place. glad he didn't mention Gnc and his mtech buy.lol. I can't buy clothes too often at thrift stores cause they got that dank smell..prob Pressers dirty ass jock he donated contaminated the whole store .

I also go to TJ Maxx and Marshalls now...Once I had my daughter and money became tighter, I personally do not care what other people think, and I have gotten very nice stuff for super cheap and can still dress just as nice as when I was younger and had more cash :)
the Maxx carry's ralph lauren polo's for like $35, i got a kohl's charge card and get 15-30% off entire purchase off already discounted prices, last time i went got speedo boardshorts (not banana hammock) and levi's jeans for less than 20 bucks after tax

The stores Buffalo said are are great place. glad he didn't mention Gnc and his mtech buy.lol. I can't buy clothes too often at thrift stores cause they got that dank smell..prob Pressers dirty ass jock he donated contaminated the whole store .

I get my mtech from SAMs Club ass lmao

the Maxx carry's ralph lauren polo's for like $35, i got a kohl's charge card and get 15-30% off entire purchase off already discounted prices, last time i went got speedo boardshorts (not banana hammock) and levi's jeans for less than 20 bucks after tax

We opened a Khols card last Christmas and got ridiculous savings plus the Khols cash. After we paid for everything we walked to the back to customer service and paid the bill. It was a huge savings but we haven't used the card since.

Cindee shops for most of my weekend/evening clothes from discounters like TJ Maxx, Ross an Marshall's. Ive found Lucky Brand jeans for $30 and thirst for aroun $10. As far as for work I splurge on nicer pairs o slacks and suits but still very reasonable.

I've never purchased used clothes but now that you mention eBay I will definitely check that out now. Even if we can afford new clothe doesn't mean that we need to spend a lot of money on them. I love living on a budget and putting money away and paying off our home that much faster.

lol, your evening clothes, who are you Hugh Hefner:moon:

$50??? Lol... I went shopping for jeans a few weeks ago and the one I liked were $240. Obviously I'm not spending that much on jeans. I found a pair that were good for $70.
I don't see anything wrong with buying things second hand. The prices for things have gotten way out of hand especially for someone raising a family. Hell if I knew decent HARDWORKING people were getting clothes from Salvation Army and the like, I would be much more likely to donate. Currently when I outgrow or wear out something I'll use is as a rag before I donate it to some drug dealer getting Govt Assistance and picking up his Ed Hardy stuff at Goodwill.

Well, yea that shows how much attention I pay when we go to the mall. I literally won't look at the price tag, I just look for ones I like and then go on eBay and find them. But I looked online at some of them and they were all at least $100 a pair and ones that I found from Buckle were close to $200 so fuck that paying full price stuff

Back