ROKA Partners With CrossFit Games, Adds Tia-Clair Toomey-Orr to Athlete Roster 

Muscle Insider

Eyewear and apparel brand ROKA has joined with CrossFit HQ to become an official partner for the 2024 CrossFit Games, the companies announced on Wednesday. Remind me: The 2024 CrossFit Games is being held in Fort Worth, TX, from Thursday, August 8 to Sunday, August 11. The first step to making the Games begins this week with CrossFit...
The post ROKA Partners With CrossFit Games, Adds Tia-Clair Toomey-Orr to Athlete Roster appeared first on BarBend.

Eyewear and apparel brand ROKA has joined with CrossFit HQ to become an official partner for the 2024 CrossFit Games, the companies announced on Wednesday.

Remind me: The 2024 CrossFit Games is being held in Fort Worth, TX, from Thursday, August 8 to Sunday, August 11. The first step to making the Games begins this week with CrossFit Open workout 24.1, which starts on February 29.

ROKA was founded in 2013 in Austin, TX, and is known for its performance eyewear and wetsuits, among other performance gear. The brand has gained traction in the CrossFit space by adding several notable Games-level athletes to its athlete roster, including Brooke Wells, Laura Horvath, Chandler Smith, and Noah Ohlsen.

ROKA-Tia.jpg

[Related: 9 Tips To Be a Low-Maintenance Crossfit Open Participant This Year]

Along with the Games partnership announcement, ROKA has also announced that it is adding six-time CrossFit Games winner Tia-Clair Toomey-Orr to that list. This will be the first season Toomey-Orr will be back on the competition floor after giving birth to her daughter, Willow.

• “This year, we’re excited to expand our impact in the fitness community and provide CrossFit athletes with the best performance eyewear and swimwear for training and competition,” Rob Canales, co-founder and CEO of ROKA, said in a press release.

• Don Faul, CEO of CrossFit, added: “Built by athletes, for athletes, ROKA is the perfect fit for the CrossFit community. We’re incredibly excited to welcome them as a partner for the 2024 season!”

• “I have been wearing ROKA sunnies for years through my training and competition,” Toomey-Orr said. “Not only do they look good and have great styles, but they are light and feel secure on my head when performing all the activities I do on a daily basis.”

As a part of this partnership, ROKA is also launching two giveaways.

• The first giveaway is a chance to work out with Toomey-Orr at the CrossFit Games, plus a pair of ROKA sunglasses.

• The second is a weekly giveaway of 100 pairs of ROKA sunglasses each week of the 2024 CrossFit Open.

Registration for the giveaways can be found here.

Featured image: ROKA

The post ROKA Partners With CrossFit Games, Adds Tia-Clair Toomey-Orr to Athlete Roster appeared first on BarBend.

Click here to view the article.

Back