Bath & Body Works

im not gonna lie

i use the vanilla spray they make. i use it like everyday for the past 4 years lol

dnt worry nair thye can make fun of us together :-)

I don't get it: so your girl, a mere worker of one of a thousand(s) retail locations accross the country has the inside scoop on the manufactoring costs of the company? Or do you mean she's a company exec leaking senstive prcing information to whomever? And even if they are prodcing some of their products for that amount of money (which if made in China, may easily be the case), that nuber doesn't take into acount costs of goods sold (COGS). It might, in reality, cost these guys anywhere from 40%-85% of the wholesale sales price to make this product after factoring in expenses. liabilities etc.

But I'd love to buy some of this stuff for a dime--I'd make a fortune on ebay!

She's a manager and they told her all this during training. I don't think it's that sensitive. Of course there are other costs to consider for total overhead, but the cost of production is super low.

My wife works for B&BW and you wouldn't believe the mark up on their products. How much would you guess it costs them to produce one 10 oz bottle of shower gel? They sell it for what, like $10, $12?.......$0.08 That's right. Eight cents. Ridiculous. No wonder they are always on sale!

And THATS why I wait for the sales! :p No, I didn't realize it was THAT low, but I figured it smells better than dove or any of the store brands so for $3/each (sale price), I'd rather buy my yummilicious handsoaps!

She's a manager and they told her all this during training. I don't think it's that sensitive. Of course there are other costs to consider for total overhead, but the cost of production is super low.

lol I know bud I'm just saying preciesly what you said in your last sentence: there's more to cost than just production. Production is often times the lowest figure of a company's biz cycle

Back