BENCH PRESS MAX

WeirdAl said:
so you go sumo style?

Of course...most people should be able to pull more sumo than conventional. You've lowered your height by about 2 inches (less distance for the bar to travel), and the mechanics of the lift are much simpler.

Currently, though, I'm training conventional for a few more weeks...about 8 weeks out from first meet.

Cool. I haven't cared for sumo when I've tried it, but it certainly looks like there'd be an advantage. Heck, I was happy to get 445 this past week and have it feel light (well, relatively). My grip was giving me issues, though, and I couldn't do a 2nd single rep on it.

I have a hard time just pushing the mouse around this computer. I currently am pushing 315x5 with no spotter and natty.

425 @ 214lbs
last time I touched gear I rep'd 365 for 3 sets of 10 I think that was my strongest above and beyond my max. The two lifts took place at two different times. My upper chest is generally stronger as I could do 405 for 10 on inclines but never on flat. It has always been a mistery.

It's been a year since I last posted my bench stats and I'm happy to say that I've gone from ~ a best of 435 last summer up to 485 in April (2003) for 2 reps. I hope to break into the 500 club by the end of the summer.

Weight: 224lbs
height: 6'

Last edited:
skwood said:
It's been a year since I last posted my bench stats and I'm happy to say that I've gone from ~ a best of 435 last summer up to 485 in April (2003) for 2 reps. I hope to break into the 500 club by the end of the summer.

Weight: 224lbs
height: 6'
Two words- u suk!

Mighty impressive, mighty impressive!

Back