Best filtration system for bigger volumes

As stated @ChemistryIntern knows his Sh7t but nobody tells granny's recipes!!!

Look thru all threads in this section and valuable info here.

Several threads I will bump later on info on membranes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

As stated @ChemistryIntern knows his Sh7t but nobody tells granny's recipes!!!

Look thru all threads in this section and valuable info here.

Several threads I will bump later on info on membranes

Yes that would be greatly appreciated. I think i want to go to perastaltic pump route. If i went that route, could i filter multiple compounds with only using one polycap filter? Anyone know? Typically how long do they last? I think i read on here they last quite a while as long as they are wet. So the things i would need is just the pump, some sterile tubing, and the filter right? And of course some sterile beakers for the finished solution to flow in to.

- - - Updated - - -

And i appreciate the help from everyone so far. Thank you

Yes that would be greatly appreciated. I think i want to go to perastaltic pump route. If i went that route, could i filter multiple compounds with only using one polycap filter? Anyone know? Typically how long do they last? I think i read on here they last quite a while as long as they are wet. So the things i would need is just the pump, some sterile tubing, and the filter right? And of course some sterile beakers for the finished solution to flow in to.

- - - Updated - - -

Resistant tubing sterile... and hand or electric vac to pull last 40ml that stays in capsule because pump can't pump once done thru pump area....

- - - Updated - - -

This I drew up for someone who caught on and uses only vac route of drawing. He uses electric and drilled hole in media bottle in side at top area and added rubber push in seal for vac connect.

He loves it I drew photo a couple years back it's in another thread.

I am just a mechanic and work on air compressors so this is simple for me to set up!!!

14728eb3231c538b12cfada47da4dcb4.jpg

Awesome muscle mechanic. Thank you for that info. I believe you said you can use the capsule filter with a regular vacuum pump instead of a perastaltic pump. Can you explain that better? Because if i can save 250 dollars by not buying a peristaltic pump, id prefer to just use the vacuum pump i have now but i don't ynderstand how it would work.

Awesome muscle mechanic. Thank you for that info. I believe you said you can use the capsule filter with a regular vacuum pump instead of a perastaltic pump. Can you explain that better? Because if i can save 250 dollars by not buying a peristaltic pump, id prefer to just use the vacuum pump i have now but i don't ynderstand how it would work.

I don't think that will work.

I don't think that will work.

Yeah me either. I have just recently found that PES membrane filters work the best. I dont mind using these filters at all but i think to save money in the long run it would be a good idea to get some reusable glass bottle top filters and buy some good membranes, along with reciever media bottles. Probably will need an autoclave too then.

How much better is using an autoclave as opposed to dry heat sterilization? Does using an autoclave sterilize that much better than dry heat? Anyone know of any decently priced autoclaves?

Yeah me either. I have just recently found that PES membrane filters work the best. I dont mind using these filters at all but i think to save money in the long run it would be a good idea to get some reusable glass bottle top filters and buy some good membranes, along with reciever media bottles. Probably will need an autoclave too then.

How much better is using an autoclave as opposed to dry heat sterilization? Does using an autoclave sterilize that much better than dry heat? Anyone know of any decently priced autoclaves?
It works many use it. I will explain better!!
Giru uses and Chemintern and many many others including tested myself.
I am Mechanic on air compressors and vacuum and pressure control everything.

I will explain later. The vac pulls suction just like primer pump on diesel engine thru micron fuel filter.

So vac pulls thru pickup tube thru filter and suction side is connected at media bottle.
Caps can be purchased or media with vac side outlet!!!

Or drill hole like Giru did..... it's works so good I can design and sell pre-built for alot of $$ but didn't want the association!!! But most guys who are not mechanically minded with stick to books and bottle tops!!!

The vac needed with pump just to get the 40ml out left behind!!!

Another guy big volume guy uses a T fitting set up and down and vac pulls suction up and with bottom of T larger and reduces at top..... clean filtered falls gravity into media vial... so lots of ways from mechanically inclined!!!!

Will find time to explain but it's common sense of vac and suction with reservoir closed only vent it where vac exists pressure

It's works same as oil filled air compressor seperator allows clean air to breath with scavenger line or another diesel fuel system primes fuel pressure from tank thru filters to injectors with no air in system to combust!!!

I use a Catipilliar hand suction pressure as vac pump on and pull out Beaker thru a syringe filter and out 100ml vial with rubber stopper not silicone. It was to to experiment and prove laws of physics !!! Vac, pressure, and gravity all part of physics!!! I am working out can only help so much I am Mechanic so it's nothing for me....

So back to examples....
For capsule filter 500-1000ml goes thru in 10 minutes!!!! Lmao!!
Know guys that do it... not personally I did it with 50w synthetic oil out of breaker thru capsule fliter just for an experiment then hydraulic oil... I don't cook gear..

Set flask up use all proper resistant glass and suction tubing for job of course and capsule filter with resistant membrane for what ever u doing and solvents used.

Connect your vacuum to a flask or media type glass bottle with suction outlet and proper cap or whatever here or examples from quick search online. And note gravity feed helps so keep beak higher than bottom of filter and clean side flask/beaker....
Photos are examples from quick search if into cooking do foot work or use little syringe filter or bottle top for all I care... I don't care. But will not have anyone ever tell me something "won't work" when smart people who know more than how to read have figured it out and doing it.... Lmao!!
I am Mechanic on .... anything specialize on air compressions and gas compressors that are for more complex with controllers and computers state of the art for oil and gas industry!!!! Not little garage air compressors they weight 24,000lbs and more.....
So enough said this is just too simple and if u think your gear isn't sterile cause u transferred it from flask or media to vials...
Then get Pharma because everyone does the transfer unless it's for one person brewing 10 vials at time... big volumes is topic not personal brewer!!! Lmao!!!
So photo's are only example of receiver style example that work, u do foot work I am just a mechanic!!!

And by the way, the tren is kicking!!! This little moment just shown me it on and kicked in. Intolerance of people who are stuck on their closed mindedness to realize people are brewing large volumes to test on cows or whatever.... let that race horse get an infection from tainted vet grade and it won't be pretty so I imagine it's sterile... ba does alot to anything in air for a second.... don't know about u but my Pharma Grade gear says draw air of 1ml push into vial to replace space and help gear come out... that's right if not those other little holes will suck air thru eventually. So point made!!! Boy I love tren I don't sugar coat. But never will I be told "something won't work that works for everyone that knows a little about a simple vacuum pulling liquid with gravity feed helping thru a filter" oh my fuel systems with filters and air compressors with mechanical control in high explosion where not even static electricity can be for move complex than this gear filtering thing.... it's doesn't take a chemist to brew gear the raws or made already!!! And hoses are used that prevent static electricity depend on pressure, flow rate, and what is flowing thru lines or hoses by the way!!!

This is a subject that nobody wants to challenge me on trust me!!!
248ffee440596e5df6583a7be591a63a.jpg
06a0cfd9960636c5b09e58571e8912ba.jpg
b60fbf629c26910494e3abf90cedf114.jpg
660f9c8e3c3f9b263c7f20e79264bad1.jpg

Explained at bottom below.
Don't know what u confused about!!!
A T bore can easily be used as well to connect to flask with vac or vent to use for vacuum

So connect suction hose to top capsule filter PES avaiable. Photo 1

Use little piece to connect to filtering vacuum flask photo 2 only bottom piece that by the way is another type filter with connector piece that makes seal on flask

Connect vacuum to the flask 1000ml or whatever amount u wish photo 3 vac connect is on side flask

I didn't include the beaker photo to suck out of... yes get chemical resistant stuff for sure.... they make it u know!!

And if u want u can get vac with gauge that has setting that turns on and off at desired max vac pressure... or u can rig on up yourself avaiable almost anywhere that deals in gauges with adjustable vac pressure on off setting. If u can use a volt meter and wire in.

Never know mechanical minded service may be available... not a chance. Lmao!!!

If u don't know how to transfer from flask to bottles everybody else uses there own method crimps top on after!!! And trust me don't do it in basement and u will be ok!!! If u can't figure the rest out give up!!! Study pyrogens or something. Baking after, who does that.....Lmao!!!

c93c76f1a2c7302357802a82e4432650.jpg
7d97370da2c75f5a65a3047c9443970d.jpg
2d9f79b62afab5b754f7da85379001b1.jpg

So connect suction hose to top capsule filter PES avaiable. Photo 1

Use little piece to connect to filtering vacuum flask photo 2 only bottom piece that by the way is another type filter with connector piece that makes seal on flask

Connect vacuum to the flask 1000ml or whatever amount u wish photo 3 vac connect is on side flask

I didn't include the beaker photo to suck out of... yes get chemical resistant stuff for sure.... they make it u know!!

And if u want u can get vac with gauge that has setting that turns on and off at desired max vac pressure... or u can rig on up yourself avaiable almost anywhere that deals in gauges with adjustable vac pressure on off setting. If u can use a volt meter and wire in.

Never know mechanical minded service may be available... not a chance. Lmao!!!

If u don't know how to transfer from flask to bottles everybody else uses there own method crimps top on after!!! And trust me don't do it in basement and u will be ok!!! If u can't figure the rest out give up!!! Study pyrogens or something. Baking after, who does that.....Lmao!!!

c93c76f1a2c7302357802a82e4432650.jpg
7d97370da2c75f5a65a3047c9443970d.jpg
2d9f79b62afab5b754f7da85379001b1.jpg

And don't forgot if u want extra gravity feed to capsule get beaker like this. Connect to capsule inlet of course, this is unfiltered side. Pure your mixed and proper heated gear into it after hooked all up to resistant hose to capsule and u would be surprised it does drip without vac even on at filter side!!!!
But the vac sucks up from top no problem but anyway.....

Hey they also make those capsule rechangable filter membranes too u know...

Wouldn't want a bunch of research crap in my trash... LMAO!
Excuse the sarcasm but this is all so simple.

Now all needs to be done is understand math. Conversions to everything online too.
And rest so easy after math and measuring it's unreal that people think the chemist brew... no that is at the place they make raws!!!! Lmao!!!

96fb55d84bcf6b0a806af2dc0f0ec03f.jpg

By the way the little third connector spot thing on capsule filters are an air vent, there to do wet test bubble thing. Not getting into that u guys are interest in brewing if u don't know keep learning....

Back